“Not bad for just stay”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Al Ain
Cairo, Egypt
“Not bad for just stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel not bad for just a stay, I expected same service compared to Rotana in Lebanon but it was less, front desk team doesn't have Standards each of them offer you different options, I was checking in with 3 friends in the same time, all of us has the same reservation however front desk gave us 3 different messages. Also long queue in front desk, most of time only one person sets in the front desk where they supposed to be 3.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AlAinR0tana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor member “Ramyik”
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on tripadvisor. I would like to ask you to contact me to discuss further more the issues you faced during your stay by emailing me directly to alain.hotel@rotana.com.
Ayman Gharib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

There are likely nicer more plush hotels, but you cant beat the Rotana for a safe, comfortable hotel with good amenities and a helpful staff. Excellent pool if you have your family. Good restaurants. Gym is nice although it could be larger as it can get crowded at times. The spa, I hear, is quite good. I've stayed here many times and would easily return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor member “EMDiazJr”
I would like to thank you for being our regular customer at Al Ain Rotana and for your nice feedback about our property. I am looking forward to welcoming you once again soon at our hotel and our Zen the SPA.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was travelling on Business to Al Ain and my company set a budget. The hotel was fully booked except their newly renovated suites. From the management staff, Christine was the person who helped me out and my team was well taken care of.

I was impressed at the quality of the room and service received. The new area has a really nice parking garage to secure your vehicle and everything in the room is state of the art. A separate pool with a bar and access to the main hotel pool and restaurants.

The available venues on site are amazing. The rotating food themes at the main hotel restaurant were always top notch.

I did not have a bad meal or a bad night's sleep the entire stay. The only negative was the internet speed was slow.

Friendly and attentive staff, great food, and a good value hotel to enjoy for business, leisure, or with a family.

Room Tip: The newly renovated Suites (September 2013) all have modern technology updates.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor member “Csemenko”
Thank you for your nice feedback about our hotel, facilities and services. I have extended your praising words to Christine and all our sales team members. Please note that measurements are already under study to resolve the internet issue. I hope tol welcome you soon back at our hotel.
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I regularly stay in a 4star rotana in Hamden street so on staying in the Al Ain hotel I expected at least the same level of great service I receive there.

I had a great room in the new wing with huge balcony and the room itself couldn't be faulted.

Service was acceptable just not as high as I was expecting. a mistake with a room service order was resolved easily and the breakfast on offer provided lots of choice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor member “Tim D”
I would like to start thanking you for your nice feedback about our hotel. Kindly get in touch with us at alain.hotel@rotana.com in order to get full details about your room service issue and allow us to investigate and prevent the issue not to happen again. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I reserved a standard room with two twin size beds on the Rotana website. When I arrived, they did not have the type of room that I reserved; however, the front desk upgraded me to a spacious suit with a king size bed and included an additional bed free of charge.

The rooms look old. They need to refresh the interior. I gave the hotel an average rating for value. They could have added breakfast with the original reservation considering the price and hotel class.

Bottom line: I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room that does not overlook one of the nightclubs. It can get noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AlAinR0tana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear tripadvisor user “jeremymkritt”,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would be glad to have more details about your experience, hence kindly contact me directly on alain.hotel@rotana.com to discuss the difficulties you faced during your stay. Thank you again and we hope that you will return to our hotel ionce again in the near future.

mirrorcrax
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I booked the standard room with balcony overlooking the pool for a two night stay on business trip. Room was very spacious with a mini kitchen area, lcd screen, and a spacious bathroom with a bidet and bath tub. Breakfast was tasty with a wide variety to choose from (healthy, intercontinental, Arabic, and the high protein corner with your choice of eggs, turkey bacon, and sausages. several choices of fresh juices were available including pomegranate, orange, melon and others. Staff is very helpful, courteous and friendly. The only catch is that they will block 500 AED from your credit card upon arrival for deductions from services and f&b during your stay (if you so choose to), but upon departure, if no amount is used, bank will unblock this amount 10 days following checkout (which is a bank procedure according to the check-out staff). I've also tried rotana - centro earlier and a similar scenario related to check in payments was in place which lead me to lose a large amount of money in exchange rates. I think rotana hotels are a great chain, but their payment and deposit policies are sometimes too much.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a balcony overlooking the pool, and if you're a large group you can choos...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear tripadvisor user “mirrorcrax”,

Thank you for your nice feedback about our hotel and your stay, I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I just would like to note that the amount of AED 500 blocked from your credit card was to cover the extras and the I am sorry for the inconvenience for the delay in releasing that amount, although it is a delayed procedure from the credit institute. I hope to welcome you once again soon at our property.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I went with my wife and new born kid for 3 days in hotel.I was offered Al Falaj wing 1 bedroom apartment and it was nice for my size of family. Specially the bathroom were big and gave cozy feel. However Wi Fi was also very slow and needs update.

However the Swimming pool , Option for morning Breakfast, in room kitchen were very good.As well as proximity to city shopping malls and park gave it a ideal location for stay.

Food options for western and arabic population were great but not asian.

In all it was decent stay and we enjoyed ambience and family time.

Room Tip: Ask for room in main wing. Falaj Wing is not good for Wi Fi connectivity and all restaurants are in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
AlAinR0tana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor user “binu_dubai2013”,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor and for you nice feedback. I am glad to know that you enjoyed staying in Falaj wing our newest expansion in the hotel. Please note that the issues you addressed will be taken into consideration. We hope to welcome you once again soon at our hotel.