“Unexpected Upgrade”

Al Ain Rotana Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Al Ain
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed with my husband in this hotel over the past weekend and promised to come at least once a month to this safe haven just to relax and enjoy the outdoor hot tub near the crystal cleat pool. We were offered a suite instead of a regular king room which was so comfy with a pool view. It got crowded on Saturday but it was fun to see everybody dancing and enjoying the beautiful weather at this time of the year in Al Ain and the delicious food at Zest.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TetaSusu
AlAinR0tana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear TetaSusu,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this nice review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you will be coming to visit us again. Your nice words will be shared with our team, and i will be looking forward to welcome you myself once again in our hotel.

Ayman Gharib

Write a ReviewReviews (1,498)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'm a fan of Rotana chain. a very successful Middle East hotel group, I live in Dubai and Rotana group restaurants are some if my top favorites. I stayed in Al Ain Rotana for a family weekend, we have been upgraded to a suite which was amazing and I shouldn't complain about anything else. However, I would love to see this chain having a proper loyality program like Priority Club or SPG. Also, the rooms need a faclift..the furniture is a aging and the king bed was more of a queen bed.

Room Tip: Pool view is much better than the other view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
AlAinR0tana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Rami O,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us and I would like, first of all, to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please rest assured that we are taking steps to resolve the issue. Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing this matter with us and for giving us the opportunity to improve our standards further.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

After consulting Tripadvisor to find a good review for a Hotel in Al Ain it seems that nearly all of them have issues regarding service. After spending a day and evening at Wadi Adventure I decided to stay in Al Ain before returning to Dubai. I chose the Rotana and I am very glad I did. My late check in was dealt with quickly and efficiently. I was in my room within just a few minutes.
The room itself was spacious and very clean, with all the expected amenities. I still fail to understand why Hotels in the UAE insist on charging for wifi in the rooms but they all seem to insist on profiting from this essential service, almost like charging extra for air.
I ordered dinner from the in room dining menu and again the service was swift and courteous. The food was perfect, served hot and generous portions. The bed was very comfortable and the sleep quality was excellent with no noise at all.
Before checking out the next day I enjoyed the luxurious pool area and pool bar for drinks and a snack. A quite beautiful setting.
My overall experience was most pleasant at this Hotel. Either I caught them on a good day or they have heeded previous comments and fixed the niggles.
If you are looking for a place to stay in Al Ain, look no further.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MarkForrester

Dear MarkForrester,

Thank you for sharing your experience to Trip Advisor. We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with all concerned departments, for sure they will be as delighted as I am!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Al Ain Rotana.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during a Business trip Dec 2012-Jan 2013. The hotel is immaculate and service is great. The buffet has a nice selection. Steak BBQ days (Mondays) are amazing. The meat is great and tender. The food during the week is pretty much the same. Most are curry dishes which can get old really fast. The sushi is bad. Maybe because we are spoiled with the selection in Southern California but their sushi is tasteless and dry. I saw the "sushi chef" preparing sushi rolls. Nothing related to his sushi is fresh. All packaged deep frozen packs. Mr Pavel is doing a fantastic job managing the Zest Buffet and is always on top of things.

One big disappointment is Trader Vic's. The prices are very high for average food. I had fried calamari and a Thai noodle dish. The calamari were plain disgusting. Over battered and greasy. The noodle dish was average. When I left the restaurant I had a bad feeling in my stomach. Of course the nightmare unfolded and I had food poisoning from their food. I had to seek medical attention in a near by facility and was out for 3 days. Trader Vic's is somewhat popular because they sell alcohol and it has a Hawaiian setting. Food average and overpriced. I don't recommend this place.

The pool is nice. It has a swim up bar and Francis is doing a fantastic job serving his guests.

The caffe in the lobby has great Turkish caffee and maroccan tea. However the prices are high. On top of that they charge you a 13% tourism tax on top of your bill. That's a rip off.

Room service is great. They are doing a really nice job. Laundry services are completely outrageous. They charge approximately 35 dirhams per t-shirt. That's approx. 8 USD. I highly recommend to use a local laundry service. They are all over close to the hotel. They charge 2 dirhams per T-Shirt, approx 50 cents. They wash it, iron it and have it ready for pick up.

The check in was pretty simple. No long lines during the week. However this can change on the weekends. I saw long lines of locals and tourists trying to check in. But that's not any different then checking in a hotel in Las Vegas on the weekends.

If you want to go to the local malls use a taxi. Tell the door guys you want a taxi. They will flag one over for you. A ride from the hotel to the Al Ain Mall ( approx 6 miles) will cost you approx 10 dirhams which equals to 2,50 USD.

I was very surprised and enjoyed my stay.
When we left some of the staff came by shook our hands
and said good bye to us. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank HaShVa
AlAinR0tana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear 909couple,

Warm greetings from Al Ain and thank you very much for providing us with your constructive feedback on your recent Al Ain Rotana experience.

I was very glad to read that most of the departments and colleagues were able to leave a perfect impression on your visit and have shown the true Rotana comfort by meeting your expectations. It will be my pleasure to share your thoughts and comments with the team.

However, while reading about the incident you experienced after visiting one of our outlets, I was saddened and embarrassed to hear the story. Trust me, this is not the impression we wanted you to leave the hotel with, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Such mistake should not have happened as we have a strong control in the food and beverage / environmental health and safety areas with regards to food handling. Nevertheless, I have met with the concerned colleagues in order to investigate the matter further and retrain the team on the shortcomings, therefore to take the necessary actions.

I deeply apologize on behalf of the management and would like to invite you once more to visit our hotel in the future to show you our real services and standards. I would like you to contact my office via alain.hotel@rotana.com in order to arrange your future bookings and take a special care of your stay.

We hope that the previous experience will not deter you from returning to us and that you will be back in Al Ain Rotana in the near future. We all look forward welcoming you again to assure you of our commitment to seek continuous improvements in our operation.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

i stayed here in january 2012, it was a friendly hotel and staff were very helpful and polite, they couldnt do enough for you, i arrived long before check in after i had a long flight and got my room straight away. i had a smoking room but it smelled lovely and fresh. the pool is awesome and is a proper sun trap, the staff at the pool were just great, i was made to feel very welcome, the room was spotlessly clean, room service is very quick and the food at the rotana is delicious to look at and to taste. trader vics is a fun place to be at night, it has an in house latino band to entertain you, also if ya want more life there is also moodz nightclub in the rotana so you can dance the night away, plenty of taxis available if you need one, the rotana is basically the centre of town so you are near most malls etc, museums etc are close too, i would recommend this hotel to anyone, and if anyone has a complaint about this place then they are just too fussy, i am now married to an al ain citizen so no longer need hotels but i still go back to rotana to use their pool and gym at very reasonable prices, they have all the shower gel, shampoo and conditioner and even a hairdryer and towels in the changing rooms/showers, all round its a brilliant place to stay and visit :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
AlAinR0tana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Happyhibee65,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for Al Ain Rotana. We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Comments like yours make us proud to continue to strive to meet and even exceed the expectations of our guests!

We are also grateful that we have made one loyal client in you and for that, I look forward to meet you to personally thank you for your appreciation towards our services.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was fortunate enough to travel to UAE on business and was based at the Rotana in Al Ain.
The staff were friendly and the rooms very spacious and clean.
The food was first class and the hygiene standards excellent.
The highlight was sitting out on the vernada in the evening after a busy day's work and feeling truely relaxed.
Didn't have time to use the gym but it looked great

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Stainmore,

Thank you for your kind words, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured that your nice comments will be shared with the team. We look forward to welcome you once again in Al Ain Rotana.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great hotel, can't go wrong with a Rotana! I was somewhat lost driving into Al Ain from dubai and needed some guidance from the concierge. He was very helpful!! The people at reception were genuinly friendly and sweet. Restaurants, rooms and lobby coffee shop very nice.Trader Vic's food was so good and boy can they build a drink! Staff are very friendly. Definately a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jetlagforever,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for Al Ain Rotana. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us. Your warm comments will be passed on to the team as it give us great pleasure to know that we have met your expectations. We hope to welcome you once again very soon at Al Ain Rotana.