“Oasis in an oasis”
Review of Hilton Al Ain

Hilton Al Ain
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Al Ain
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was on a business trip recently and stayed at the Al Ain Hilton. The hotel is clean, and has all the facilities that you would expect from the Hilton chain of hotels. The hotel staff are polite and courteous and very helpful.I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jamila L, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Ms. Sabiraa,

Greetings from Hilton Al Ain Hotel!

We highly appreciate your great comments posted on this website, & it was a pleasure to hear that you had an amazing stay. It is our aim to meet our guests’ expectations at all times and your excellent ratings for the hotel’s products and services do bring a lot of encouragement to the whole team. Thank you very much.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Al Ain and we do hope that we would be able to continually serve you well on your future stays with us.
Yours sincerely,

Yours sincerely,

Email: jamila.lamssiyeh@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,473)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Not the largest hotel in Al Ain, but I was a returning guest because of the very high personal service level. This time with a new and very good Japanese restaurant. The room is large and comfortable with new internet connection, but the bathroom is ordinary. The management seems to work actively with creating a lot of activities. Two pools, one for swimming and one for family relaxing. The one staff spa had a highly qualified Thai massage therapist. The hotel has a fantastic atrium, but the furnishing in the atrium cafe and the ground floor surroundings could easily have been upgraded in a more exclusive way.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jamila L, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Cato Dobloug N,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! It was indeed a pleasure to read your feedback as well as share it amongst our team. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel as regular guest and I’m happy to inform you that we already changed the furniture
We most certainly look forward to welcome you back to our hotel and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

Phone: +971-3-768 6666 | Email: jamila.lamssiyeh@hilton.com

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great hotel facilities, I was in Al Ain for meetings and the hotel was so convenient. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful. They have a fantastic Italian restaurant and I really enjoyed my time there

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SariA731
Jurgita V, Guest Relations officer at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear SariA731,

Thank you for such a lovely review! We are pleased to know you had a good stay and enjoyed our Italian restaurant!
Thank you for your compliments to the hotel team, it is our pleasure to assist you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back,

Best regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel basically serves its purpose but like many other Hilton hotels in the UAE, the staff seem really unhappy and seem to lack motivation. The pool area is nice and the meal we had in the Italian restaurant was a good standard, the porter was very friendly but everyone else seemed very depressed!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jenna7jenna
Jamila L, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Ms. Jenna,

Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay at our hotel.
We are happy that you liked our restaurants and pool area. However, we are disappointed you did not enjoy the stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you welcoming you back to Hilton Al Ain again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have stayed at the Al Ain Hilton many times with my wife and friends, and have always found the staff to be friendly and welcoming. We have held a couple of birthday celebrations here and the staff are always very obliging in catering to our requests to help the proceedings.
I generally combine a stay here with visiting one of the many attractions in the area e.g. Zoo, Jebel Hafeet, Wadi Adventure and consider the hotel to be ideal for my needs after a day of activity. The hotel, although a little dated compared to the more modern 'glitzy' hotels of Dubai, is clean and tidy with a good selection of options for dining and entertainment. I generally take snacks and a drink at the 'Sports Bar' or Pool Bar on arrival, and take my evening meal in the Italian restaurant, which has an excellent menu and wine list. Other options that I am yet to try are the Japanese, Mexican and buffet restaurants. 'Pacos bar' has an excellent live band that play a selection of music catering to all tastes, attracting an enthusiastic audience and providing a good end to a day out in Al Ain.
Rooms are good with views over Jebel Hafeet or the pool, depending on which side you are located. The breakfast buffet has a reasonable selection of hot and cold food but the lack of pork options is a minor frustration. There are two pool options, a family one with small slide and shallow play areas for smaller children and a more conventional pool for laps. The hotel also has a gym but I have not visited that so cannot comment on standard of equipment.
Overall, a good place to unwind for an evening, barely an hour from Dubai and Sharjah, with plenty of options in the area to fill the day - somewhere I will certainly return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 'road side' have great views over Jebel Hafeet, particularly at night when the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank merlin81260
Jamila L, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Patch,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing this very nice review about your recent stay at our hotel.
Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and I am glad to read we were successful and you found the staff friendly and welcoming.
Looking forward to host you again during your next visit to Al Ain!

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed with family - wife and 1 kid on 2nd and 3rd of Jan. 2013.

Very disappointing.
3 star facility claiming 4 star ranking
Hotel has seen better days ....it is worn out and dilapidated

Stay was not satisfactory...not worth the money spent.

Front office staff very arrogant...they need a course in good manners and etiquette.However the guest relations person / lady was very polite and courteous.Obviously she could not make up for the poor service in all departments.

Room ... a chalet actually...was dirty with dust and grime left over from previous occupancy.Plus the house keeping staff refused to service the chalet and replace the daily consumables on the third day despite we paying full 3 day charges

Substandard food - Measly portion of welcome drink n fruit.We had opted for breakfast and dinner buffet during the stay - poor decor and themes...not really worth the extras to splurge on.To note the restaurant houseflies in plenty did keep us company !!!!

A noisy pool side party kept us awake the whole night on the 2nd day.

Folks stay clear of this place if you want a good bang for your buck...look else where ....options aplenty.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nerddok
Jurgita V, Guest Relations officer at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Mr Zafrullah T,

We regret to read you did not have a good experience during your stay in January and would like to apologize for less than perfect service.

We work really hard to provide the best service for our guest and to ensure everyone feels cared for, valued and respected and experiences pleasant stay. I hope you will consider contacting me via the email below, so I could offer you assistance with the next booking and personally look after your stay,

All the best for your future travels,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I are 8 months pregnant and wanted a weekend just the 2 os us before the baby comes. We picked the Hilton as it is only an hour drive and Hilton have a good reputation.
I emailed ahead to ask for a room near the elevator and close to amenities as I was heavily pregnant.
We were given a room on the top floor (hmmm) but it was near to the elevator.
The room was average. It was clean but small. The bathroom was dreadful. The actual toilet was so close to the sink area that if you needed to use it, you had to sit sideways on (not just me being a little larger than normal, mu husband too) The bathroom sink was so high, it was up halfway up my ribs and I am not a short lady so that was interesting!
We dropped our bags and looked in the information about where to eat and saw there was a mexican with Al Ain's "most extensive menu" and so went to find something to eat. The first place we saw was Pacos and so we went in there for dinner.
We were seated, given a menu each (which is NOT extensive, it was rubbish actually) and left there. 15 minutes later we called for a waited as we could not wait any longer with nothing to eat or drink. The waiter took our order and brought the drinks which he got wrong. We ordered a water and a Corona wth no lime. It was not a complicated order but he still managed to get the beer wrong.
The food arrived and my husband and I both tucked in. 2 mouthfuls later I was complaining because my chicken enchiladas were actually beef! Well done, you have served a pregnant lady somehting she didnt order. This is stupid for so many reasons.
I told the waiter who didnt seem bothered about it and then took it away. He came back a few minutes later to ask if I wanted the chicken like I ordered. Really?? am I going to sit and starve??? The food everntually arrives, cold and disgusting. I barely ate a thing.
The waited came to clear the plates and asked how the food was and i said "disgusting". He laughed and left.
We got the bill (which has a mandatory service charge on it) and I circled the charge and hand wrote that the service was dreadful and I resent paying for it. Comments were ignored and my Hubby and I went to the room
The room would have been comfortable and relaxing had it not been for the terrible noise of the giant airconditioning vents that are buzzing, humming and just being noisy under the window
Breakfast no longer has pork products which is a huge shame, it was one of the things we were looking forward to at breakfast. Otherwise, breakfast is ok, has a decent range of foods.
We sat by the pool which was nice - there were no drinks offered to us the whole time we were there (4 or 5 hours) and the beds were not comfortable for us but it was relaxing.
We had room service for lunch. Ordering was quick and efficient. The food arrived and was warm enough but a few things missing from my husbands meal. He ordered a biryani which should have come with papdoms and raita. It came with neither, and the chicken that was on it was vile. Really low quality chicken and greasy.
We went to the Japanese for dinner. It was wonderful!!! The service was great, the menu was extensive and the food was delicious. It was really a lovely meal and we both enjoyed it very much!
All in all it was an average weekend. The food was lacking, the service was lacking and sleep was lacking ;-(

Room Tip: Not a high pool facing room near the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsM0nkey
Jurgita V, Guest Relations officer at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for leaving your feedback online and apologize that this time you did not experience the service that is usually associated with Hilton Al Ain name. Please be assured our management team is looking into your comments and things that we can improve.

I would also like to thank you for a positive review of TOKI, our new Japanese restaurant. We are glad you enjoyed the food and the service!
Please do not hesitate to contact me next time you are back in Al Ain, I would be pleased to assist you with the booking and look after your stay,

All the best,