1,653 results
All reviewsjapanese restaurantfamily pooltennis courtsspecial thankspool arearestaurant managermain restaurantan upgradeabu dhabifront officelate checkjebel hafeetpacosmosesmakanifacilitiespools
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Unless you can get a really good deal I would avoid. Having said that there arent really any decent hotels in Al Ain which is a 'city' that time forgot.

The hotel suffers from the following:
Old, dated, tacky
Awful smell similar to a 1980's B&B in Blackpool
Food just edible - certainly not cheap
Full of either slightly chavvy expat Brits or wild out-of-control children
As for much of the UAE the place is staffed with poorly paid Asian workers who are not managed, have little training or education
During the night we were disturbed by animals (cats, stray dogs) fighting to get the leftovers from the numerous trays of room service food lying around.
ps: there's not much in Al Ain either other than a visit to Jebel Halal Feet

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear TouristKing1212,

First of all thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I was however concerned to read about your disappointment of Al Ain and our hotel. As you might know Hilton Al Ain was built in 1968, and that does leave a mark on the condition, we do recognize that. This is the main reason why we have now commenced a large scale renovation of our rooms and some public areas. By the end of the year we will be able to present a fresh, modern and unique product to the Al Ain hotel market. Your comments about the food surprised me, but I can inform you that we constantly try to develop our menus and broaden our selection.

I do hope this experience will not deter you from returning to the Oasis city of Al Ain, and I look forward to be able to present a new product for you. In the meantime if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2011

My family and I have stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Al Ain a few times and we have always enjoyed our stay.

Facilities: One of the best kid's pools my family and I have ever experienced and the fitness center is solid.

Staff: Very friendly and helpful. If something is not right, they will work to make it right.

Food: The breakfast and dinner buffets are great. Offer a nice variety of food and the quality is very good.

The rooms: The rooms are a little worn (very clean), but could just use some renovating.

Location: close to all that Al Ain as to offer.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Dear padcrasher,

Thank you so much for your review here on Tripadvisor.

I am very excited to share your very nice comments with the Team Members here at the hotel! With regards to your comment about the room, we do recognize that the hotel is in need of a renovation. This renovation has commenced recently and by the end of the year we shall be able to present a lot of new rooms as well as some renovated public areas.

We do look forward to see you and your family here at the hotel again. In the meantime if I can be of any assistance, please do contact me.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I lived in this hotel for three months while traveling on business. The rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel staff was pleasent and courteous. The restaurants were fantastic, the swimming pools and fitness areas clean and well maintained. My bed was so comfortable I'd fall asleep the moment my head hit the pillow. My only critisism....don't take a room on the first floor the same side as their nightclub, the "Peach Garden". The noise will keep you awake until it closes.

Room Tip: Stay clear of rooms near the Peach Garden.
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank FrancescoVerdi

Dear FrancescoVerdi,

Let me express that we do sincerely value your comment about our hotel on Tripadvisor!
I have shared your compliments with our Managers and Team Members. With regards to your comment about the noise level I have asked our Security team to be even more present at the night club to keep this at a minimum.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to our property in the near future! If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

From arrival to depature we felt welcome, nothing was too much trouble. The room was tastefully decorated, spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chestnut6547

Dear chestnut6547,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Al Ain and for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor.

I would like to extend our greatest appreciation your compliments.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Al Ain and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying for a month at the hilton hotel. We had the opportunity to take part in a SA Pool party on april 14th, 2011. African party. The team mentioned how they should invite more tourists to there country and welcome them. Well. This is not the fact. I asked for a complamentary drink and they refused. They treated me with disrespect. ( I was not enebreated or had been drinking at all) I ventured to Poco's a local watering hole. Hole it is. They again refused to serve me and when I asked why there response was well your not local. I was offended and walked out leaving my friends behind finding a ride home.. If you want people to visit and stay in Al Ain maybe the establishment should treat visitors with more respect.
Even if they are not locals.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded May 26, 2011

Dear dee_one_11,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is indeed appreciated.

To say the least I was surprised and troubled to read your comment about your experience at our South African Freedom Celebration and in Paco’s Bar. This is indeed not the image we want our guests to be presented to.
I have personally followed up with our Food & Beverage Manager to make sure we avoid a bad experience like this in the future.

Once again I would like to apologies for your experience and personally guarantee this will not happen again. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards,