As a family of 3 adults and one child, this was our first time travelling to Al Ain from Abu Dhabi city after almost 20 years. We booked Danat Al Ain resort as it seemed like the best hotel in Al Ain. It obviously is not. We stayed for 3D2N.
I had requested for early check in and was told its subject to availability, which is understandable. We arrived at 3 30 pm and was told one of the rooms is yet to be cleaned! The room was provided to us at 415pm. When i spoke to the manager, he seemed to sympathize with us but did not make any efforts for extra service in lieu.
The customer service sometimes would not pick up the phone when called. When we requested for tissues and trashcan for the room, it arrived after 1 hour! And that too after repeated reminders.
The toilets seemed a little too complicated for use specially for the elderly and the children.
The massage parlor, though cheaper then others (AED 140 for hotel guests), was a bad experience. I had booked for aromatherapy massage and thai massage for myself and my mother. When we arrived, there were no greetings just a very robotic "go here, you go here take off clothes wear towel". The blinds in my massage room wouldn't close properly, and when I told the massuse about it, she said "What I can do? You want to leave?". Absolutely rude! The massage for both my mother and myself were normal olive oil massage with no hint of essential oils or thai massage.
The worst of it was the toilet in room 452. On our last day, the bathtub started regurgitating dirty water with disgusting matter in it!! After a while the water resided leaving behind the debris. We were granted a late check out but due to this extremely repulsive experience we left earlier.
I would however recommend the hair salon. The manager, his name is Ferago or something was wonderful. I did a fuil hair color and am quite satisfied with it. Make sure you ask for a discount if you are a guest at the hotel, a little haggling always works on the wallet.
Overall, the ladies at the reception were kind and apologetic. So were the bellboys who were eager to help. However, I wouldn't be staying at Danat Al Ain Resort again specially with family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Danat Ain Resort is a recently renovated luxurious 5 star Resort nestled in the lush green landscape of the garden city of Al Ain, with three swimming pools, four Tennis and Squash courts in addition to extensive children's activities. as well as an array of food and beverage restaurants, Italian, Indian, Far Eastern and English Pub. Cultural and leisurely activities surround the Resort. A short drive takes you to Al Ain Zoo, Wadi Adventure water park, Hilli fun city, Bawadi mall and Al Ain mall. Al Ain National Museum and Sheikh Zayed National Museum offer glimpses of local culture and history. To experience the best views of the city, a drive up to Jebel Hafeet Mountain is a must. At the foot of the mountain is Green Mubazzarah a collection of hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Danat Al Ain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danat Al Ain Hotel Al Ain
- Intercontinental Al Ain Hotel
- Danat Al Ain Resort Emirate Of Abu Dhabi