“A Wonderful Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Amagansett
Smithtown, New York
“A Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

My husband and I have been going to Seacrest for 25 years. The place started to get shabby the last few until new management took over. Now the place is beautiful in and out. We started bringing two couple with us for a long weekend.
Only one complaint the pool was not really heated enought. Last year it was warm and cozy to swim in early June, but this year it was very chilly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank CasiGirl

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Valhalla, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Don't ever think you're going to get your money back if you have to cancel your reservation at the Sea Crest. We had to cancel due to unexpected health reasons. I gave them 2.5 weeks notice. We got a refund 6 months later and they kept $700 of our money. We booked the off season and they said they couldn't rebook our room but I know for a fact the place wasn't sold out. There were plenty of empty rooms to book without ours. We had been loyal yearly visitors and this was how they thanked us for our patronage. They don't care about you at all - just want your money.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lynnally
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a hotel/condo on the ocean for a weekend getaway with our 1 yr old. We wanted something right on the ocean that was clean and modern.

After perusing many review pages, we booked the Sea Crest on the Ocean and boy were we glad we did. Were quite happy with our unit. We stayed in St. Tropez Upper and had a fantastic view of the ocean. It was a tastefully decorated 1 bedroom with modern kitchen and bathroom, and a lovely balcony with chaise lounge and patio set.
We were so lucky that it was beautiful weather and we were able to enjoy the beach and patio. The condo was big enough for the 3 of us and we had room to put the pack & play!

The staff at the front desk were courteous and very helpful. It was a real pleasure to deal with them both making the reservations and during our stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank cdninny
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

A small group of my girlfriends and I stayed at the Sea Crest for a three-day weekend in September. We wanted a quick getaway from our husbands/boyfriends and work, and the Sea Crest was the perfect place for it. I had stayed with my husband and 2 children last summer and I thought it was charming, but this stay was even better. The staff was all extremely friendly and helpful, and even called our room after we settled in to make sure we were comfortable and to see if we needed anything. The front desk manager also offered us great suggestions for local restaurants for lunch and dinner. The property was redone last winter and the new bedding and towels really made a difference. The location is easy to get to by car from Manhattan and we were able to reach everything with equal ease from the hotel.

We stayed in three units all in the St. Tropez section. Everything was clean and worked properly. Remember to request a renovated room as some of the units are dated, but some are very well appointed. The rooms are very spacious, and two of the rooms we stayed in were decorated true to the area and atmosphere. It felt like we were away in a beach town and out of the city. It was too cold for the pool or beach, but every night after dinner we sat on the deck in the lounge chairs with blankets and a bottle of wine talking and laughing. The upper floor of the building has great ocean views. The property has tennis courts that were perfect for exercise. It was great. We definitely would all go back next year, and I would even bring my husband and kids again next time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Long Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

We stayed at the Sea Crest two years ago when Dune Resorts ran it. The new Mgmt did some nice renovations, but a nice location is not all to a stay. Let me cut to the chase: It's a very nice property and we had wonderful weather. It was the management that let us down. The pool heater was broke (upon check out they said it was being fixed that day - great news for me), the manger argued with me why my family needed more than 1 roll of toilet paper for our room a day. The place couldn't have been even half full (last w/e in Aug) and we had to keep asking for towels at the beach (another inquisition by the manager as to why we needed so many towels - there were 8 of us). What really got me was the parking ticket I got for $125 by the Town of East Hampton. I understand that they are not responsible for town pkg tkts and this was not something I was asking them to forgive me for doing. I was NEVER told where and where not to park (as they told me that they tell 99% of the guest upon ck-in about the parking. Guess who was in the 1%). It wasn't the fact of the $125 (which the town of EH waived after I sent in pictures and told my story in a letter to the judge) it was that , as I told the manager and the home office VP, in this economic environment when I could choose from staying at many places in the area, I chose theirs. Instead of fighting me on the $125 they should have invited me back for a night or 2 on them as a customer service jesture. even after contacting the home office in Great Neck, NY they gave me only an apology. I told him "You don't get it. It's about customer service. This is a real shame whats is happening. I will never stay with you ever again." He offered me a 10% discount for my next stay. That offer was made 2 months ago, I still have yet to receive anything...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank 3kidsLongIsland
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

My boyfriend and I (both 30) decided on an impromtu off-season jaunt out east to get out of the city for a much-needed weekend of relaxation. Our only requirement was to be as close to the ocean as possible and, given the fact that most of the decently-priced hotels were all sold out, we decided on the Sea Crest as the least expensive of the higher-priced, resort-style, oceanfront hotels. It was still a bit over our budget ($207/per night for a Friday/Saturday in mid-September, inclusive of taxes), but we decided to go for it... Boy, were we glad we did!!!

We didn't get in until just before midnight on that Friday night, and since the desk was already closed, they had left our room open and put a map to it with my name on it in front of the office when we arrived for me to pick up. We then had to check out early on Sunday and just left the key in our room with no problem. Any interaction with the folks at the desk or housekeeping around the grounds was completely helpful and pleasant.

We had #55, a "one-bedroom oceanfront, partial view, apartment," in the "lower" half of the "St. Tropez" building. The room was enormous - more than enough for 2 people. We kept remarking how huge it felt (compared to a normal hotel room) and how you could easily sleep 4-6 people in it. Everything was clean, bright and airy - what you would imagine a beach house to look like. It was more homey than resort-like with cute little touches like paintings on the walls and a decorative bowl and statue on the tables. No TV in the bedroom, but one in the living room which we barely watched at all. Some books for our reading pleasure. The bathroom could have definitely used some fixing and updating, but the shower was fine and everything was functional. There were some permanent black marks on the white sheets in the bedroom which turned us off a bit, but the bed and bedding was very comfortable.

Oh, but the deck - what a great feature!!! Large, with a chaise, a table and 4 chairs. We immediately popped open a bottle of wine and sat listening to the waves into the wee hours of the morning. Then, when we woke up, the view nearly knocked us over. The entire apartment was filled with sunlight and there was the ocean - glistening right above the dunes out of our sliding doors and deck. Granted, you couldn't see the waves cresting, but the view was incredible nonetheless for us city folk :)

A quick walk brought us down to the beach, which was absolutely pristine. We had access to private chaise lounges, chairs and umbrellas and spent the day reading on the beach. We were then able to literally walk across the street to Cyril's for drinks (a huge plus to us, being fans of Cyril's - no driving needed!), then walk back to our apartment to get ready for dinner at Gosman's, just a short drive away.

I could definitely see how things could get loud in the high season when the place is brimming with kids - the units are pretty on top of each other and the decks are separated by walls with slats. I would reccommend being on the top level if you can afford the extra cost so that you don't have to hear footsteps above (and so that you could see the waves, too!). The place was totally booked the 2nd night we were there and we could tell a difference from the first night. However, it seemed to be mostly couples or groups with adults, and it was nothing that would keep us from coming back. We enjoyed our stay here and are already planning a trip back during their super-off-season when rates drop even more. The Sea Crest is a great place to escape to from the city and enjoy a little off-season R&R with your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CityGirl5248
U.s.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

This is a hidden gem near Montauk, right across from Cyril's, where the margaritas, and most everything else, is delicious. Those who wish to shop Montauk and Gosman's might consider this property due to its location a couple miles out of town for its quiet atmosphere, beachfront location and extremely helpful staff, especially John, who is top-notch. Kitchens are small, but with more than adequate cookware, condos are slightly dated but immaculately clean, internet is by DSL cable, but wireless can be shared with Driftwood late at night. Not many kids, and that makes it fantastic! Convenient to EVERYTHING Montauk, but out of the way enough to allow one a modicum of quiet and tranquility. Great place!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amagansett
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa
The Hermitage at Napeague
The Hermitage at Napeague
#3 of 6 in Amagansett
Royal Atlantic Beach Resorts

Been to Sea Crest on the Ocean? Share your experiences!