“CHECK the CHECK! ”

Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Amagansett
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: "This is where Summer begins." The Lobster Roll Restaurant, also known as "Lunch", is a nostalgic beach shack serving lunch and dinner to locals and guests from around the globe. Our critically acclaimed family restaurant serves beach-side favorites like lobster rolls, chowders, steamers, fresh seafood, chicken, burgers, sandwiches, steak and homemade pies. We also feature a full-bar, gluten-free menu, and an extensive children's menu. Our famous lobster salad is made with 100% pure cold water lobster meat, using the same recipe we created almost 50 years ago! Our lobster salad contains no imitation seafood products, no fillers, no preservatives, and no artificial flavorings. It's all about quality! We have indoor and outdoor seating amidst sand dunes, gardens of summer flowers, umbrellas, beach balls, picnic tables, and plenty of smiling faces! By popular demand, our entire menu is available for take-out. We can also cater to you!
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

The place was very busy and the food overall was very nice. However, when ordered the Crabcake for $11.50. We were very sneakily upsized to ordering the ‘specials’ one. Which wasn’t highlighted until the very high bill arrived.
So make sure if you’re just after an appetiser you say “Appetiser!” Or you might have been charged for something you didn’t ask for. You have been warned!

Date of visit: July 2018
Andrea A, Owner at Lobster Roll Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Karen,
Many of our menu items can be ordered as appetizers, and entrees. I apologize if there was a miscommunication, but I can assure you that it was an "error". Our servers are trained to repeat orders back to the guests to avoid situations like this. I apologize for the mistake, and I trust it was corrected to reflect the proper charge.
Best,
Andrea

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Went on a Friday afternoon everyone very nice good service.
My husband and I both ordered hot lobster roll with French fries and cole slow. Lobster roll was ok fries were frozen.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Being from Texas, fresh lobster is hard to come by. So when we passed this cute restaurant, we knew we had to give it a try, and are we glad we did! The ambiance of the restaurant is fun & unique. We were seated immediately; the waitstaff was very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. My husband ordered the lobster roll, and I ordered the warm lobster in butter. The freshness and quality of the lobster definitely satisfied our food palates. The sides added just the perfect flavors to complete the meal. I could have eaten every meal here during our short stay (and should have as another local establishment’s cuisine was disappointing after dining here).

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across the Lobster Roll and didn't realize the fame of The Affair until after we sat down. Food was very good.. My wife ordered a lobster roll, and didn't find out until we got the bill that just the lobster roll was over $25. Our fault for not asking for the price before ordering, but it became a pricey lunch for a roadside restaurant.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant as it is on the main highway 27 to Montauk. It is famous because of the television show the affair, so that is why the overpriced lobster roll $31.00 .
They don’t list their price for lobster, only says market price on the menu so we knew we would get hit hard on the cost .
Food is ok , nothing special. Tourist driven . What was terrible was the service. They have a bunch of summer help there who can care less. Our first server was good but her shift ended. We were given another server. He could care less. He was too busy paying attention to his girlfriend who worked there too, then to refill my drink or see if we wanted something. When he finally showed up , he said they were sold out of our dessert, but somehow we were charged on our bill. There was an adult server who brought us the adjusted bill finally . Just not a good experience. I would not recommend this place if you expect good service. Will not return. No way!