“Getting pricier each year”

Lobster Roll Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Amagansett
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: "This is where Summer begins." The Lobster Roll Restaurant, also known as "Lunch", is a nostalgic beach shack serving lunch and dinner to locals and guests from around the globe. Our critically acclaimed family restaurant serves beach-side favorites like lobster rolls, chowders, steamers, fresh seafood, chicken, burgers, sandwiches, steak and homemade pies. We also feature a full-bar, gluten-free menu, and an extensive children's menu. Our famous lobster salad is made with 100% pure cold water lobster meat, using the same recipe we created almost 50 years ago! Our lobster salad contains no imitation seafood products, no fillers, no preservatives, and no artificial flavorings. It's all about quality! We have indoor and outdoor seating amidst sand dunes, gardens of summer flowers, umbrellas, beach balls, picnic tables, and plenty of smiling faces! By popular demand, our entire menu is available for take-out. We can also cater to you!
New York
“Getting pricier each year”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Been going out east since I was a kid and always looked forward to to LUNCH, as a stop on the way to Montauk.The menu lists all the varius celebrities who have eaten there.I never saw one. I prefer the Grandma's crab cakes, as one of the best I've ever had.My friend and I always stop to have Grandmas- they are done to perfection, moist ,never too crispy. I found the prices to go up every year and the lobster roll is overrated -too much mayonaise. There are a lot of fried items and lunch can set you back over $50 for lunch. Wine selection very limited. The bathroom is small and outside the building and there is always a line

• Visited July 2012

Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Very Good, but not Legendary”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Having summered in the Hamptons for many years, I was looking forward to going back to Lunch. We were there on a rainy, chilly Saturday in May, so the restaurant was busy, but not nearly as much as it is in the summer. There was no doubt I was having their signature dish--$24 for a lobster roll seemed a bit steep to me, but the Hamptons garner these prices. The atmosphere was just as I remembered, diverse and engaging. The restaurant is kitschy, no frills, and the clientele was amusing to watch and listen to, especially the loud self-important people who take phone calls and drop names--it's all part of the entertainment of dining in the Hamptons.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great seafood, great service, not cheap”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is just a seafood shack and as we live in New England, we found this quite expensive. We had flounder and lobster salad with bisque to start. Check came to 65$. We had no drinks or desserts.
However food was tasty and service very nice. Also the place is pretty cool.

Visited May 2013
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yum”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

yum very good lobster rolls can be had here, I recommend the puffers (deep fried tempura battered blowfish) as well...great drinks too

Visited May 2012
Southampton, New York
“The best lobster roll”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've had lobster rolls all over the Hamptons and this one is the best - and I'm not just saying that because I know the owner! It's a fun place to have lunch.

Visited August 2012