“reliable sushi with good atmosphere.”

Zakura Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Amagansett
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Fresh sushi and fairly good service(can be a bit on the slow side). I recommend going for a casual dinner where you're not in a rush. On the downside, it is expensive.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had high hopes for our first trip here. I should have known something was wrong. The tables around us were looking hopeless - and as it turns out they were all waiting till eternity for their food to arrive. I brushed it off and said I will have a better experience. NOT.

First, let's see. The waitress was clueless. I asked her what kind of sauce went with one of the appetizers. She didn't know, so she went to the back of the restaurant, and brought back the plastic jug of the sauce. She proceeded to shove it in my face and said, this is the sauce. So two things - first, the sauce comes right out of the jug. Forget it. Second, the jug was completely in Japanese. I asked her what she thought I was going to do with this.

Then, well the people around us were all losing it. Their food wasn't coming out anytime soon. And either was ours. The appetizer took forever, beef negimaki. And it tasted like the sauce was right out of some jug too.

The sushi came out over an hour later. Have to say it was good. But not worth the wait, or the aggravation.

The water glasses were generally empty. We hardly saw our waitress.

They made lots of excuses. But none was legit. No one offered anything, not even an apology.

For the final straw, I asked for another sushi roll because I was still hungry. They told me it would be at least 30 minutes before they could bring that out. So I left .... hungry.

Try somewhere else. Anywhere else. Just so you're not aggravated.

2  Thank NYFoodDude