Ocean Vista Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ocean Colony Beach and Tennis Club(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
$132
  • Pool
White Sands Resort(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
$185
The Hermitage at Napeague(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
$247
Sea Crest on the Ocean(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
$161
East Hampton House(East Hampton)
$242
$236
Driftwood on the Ocean(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Baron's Cove(Sag Harbor)(Great Value!)
$274
$149
Groupon.com
The American Hotel(Sag Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindoor poolnice beachchaise loungesprivate beachnice feelrate cardlate seasonlower flooreast hamptonrooms are comfortabletaking advantagethe air conditioningminute driveperfect locationcourttennismotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Recently stayed at Ocean Vista during the Southampton film festival. Our room was recently renovated - very nicely done. Unit owner clearly paid attention to the 'details'. Great amenities - flat panel tv, free wifi, an amazing beach just a few steps from the room. We even enjoyed a very competitive game of tennis on the tennis court also just a few steps from the room. Will definitely stay here again next year when we return for the film festival.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This is my Third visit to Ocean Vista, and I was delighted by the many upgrades I saw. It is one of the best values on the East End, and I can’t wait to go back next season….

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Let me start by saying that I have stayed many places throughout the world while serving in the military. I have showered in tents in the desert and used bathroom stalls that consisted of a hole in the ground and a hose on the wall (was quite confusing at first). With that said, the Ocean Vista "Resort" was the most appalling and repulsive place I have ever been.

When we arrived, the window to our room was open which seemed weird considering it was 59 degrees outside. Once stepping foot in the room it became clear as to why this was done...the place smelled like the inside of an unplugged refrigerator. After getting past the smell, things only got worse. The blankets screamed, "Chlamydia" and I have my doubts about whether the carpets are cleaned on anything more than a yearly basis. There was a creepy wooden dresser in the bathroom for reasons that elude me and what appeared to be a VCR balancing on top of the TV in case folks brought along their favorite VHS tapes. Also, the "kitchen area" more closely resembled a garage sale than somewhere you would consider preparing food.

I do wish we had stayed in the room above ours as it sounded like it came equipped with a trampoline that could be used until 2:30 in the morning. The constant thudding sound emanating from our upstairs neighbors turned out to be a positive since it helped us to take our minds of the grimy, unwashed feeling of the sheets. I would also like to echo the reports I have read on here of, "hair on the pillows that was not ours" because our friends who stayed next door experienced the same high level of hygienic practices employed by the Ocean Vista staff resulting in, well, hair on the pillows that was not theirs...

All in all this is a great place to stay if you are looking for a high-priced night of filth and disgust before running the Hamptons Half Marathon the next day. I was going to give the Ocean Vista one star but decided to give it two solely based on the fact that we did not wake up with bedbug bites, which in hindsight, was clearly divine intervention.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank DirtySheetsAgain
OVR11930, Manager at Ocean Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

It is most unfortunate that guests use a service such as tripadvisor to vent their anger and, in doing so, state untruths.

First, I find it most curious that this reviewer is a world traveler yet they only just now registered at tripadvisor and ours is their first review.

We had a group of triathletes who stayed with us the night before a local half-triathlon they were registered to participate in. The event started very early in the morning and they all left their clothes, etc. in their guestrooms. Approximately an hour after our posted check-out time, we began calling these guests to remind them they were due to depart. We were sold out that day, and the rooms needed to be cleaned and readied for our arriving guests.

One of the departing guests we spoke with became quite belligerent as we tried to explain that we were sold out and that their belongings were still in the room they occupied albeit well beyond their scheduled departure. There are many hotels that would exercise little regard for a guest's privacy and pack up their belongings so that they could stay on schedule re: their arrivals. We would never employ that practice but, instead, take the course we engaged in by contacting the departing guest in an effort to work out a situation in the best interest of all.

While on the phone with the guest who submitted this review, and after listening to much and very loud opposition to our request, they changed the topic of the conversation to that of complaint in effort to be allowed a later departure time. The first complaint was about noise coming from the room above theirs the night before. Upon inspection of this claim, I found that the room above theirs was unoccupied as the guest who was due to arrive in that room did not.

The claim regarding our blankets was completely untrue as they are new, and they look it.

I followed up on all of the statements made in this review and found no evidence to support any of the assertions stated therein whatsoever.

Our housekeeping effort strives for excellence and achieves same.

We endeavor to make all of our guests feel welcome and satisfied with the service they receive as well as the accommodations they occupy. It is our goal that all of our guests be happy with their overall experience at the Ocean Vista Resort.

Management
Ocean Vista Resort

Reviewed September 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I, have been coming out to the eastend for a few years now, and it seems like every year places become more expensive . so after doing a few searches I found Ocean Vista. Well, i couldnt have found a better place. The location was great, the staff was so helpful and nice ,there was free wifi which was so easy to access compared to other resorts, they even went out of there way to have a list of taxi companies and prices. The room i was in was very nice, not alot going on but made you feel comfortable after a beautiful day at the beach. I will absoultly becoming back next year. I had the best time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We've been going there every few years and I must say the place has improved markedly. Some of the owners have really upgraded their units with new kitchens, baths, flat screens and modern airconditioners. Ask to stay in one of the newly renovated units. It's well worth it. And the beach is to die for. Just a nice, simple beachy respite. And there's free wi-fi, a tennis court and indoor pool too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple