Ocean Vista Resort
Ocean Colony Beach and Tennis Club(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
$132
  • Pool
White Sands Resort(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
$185
The Hermitage at Napeague(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
$247
Orbitz.com
Sea Crest on the Ocean(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
$161
East Hampton House(East Hampton)
$242
$236
Driftwood on the Ocean(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Baron's Cove(Sag Harbor)(Great Value!)
$274
$149
Groupon.com
The American Hotel(Sag Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindoor poolnice beachchaise loungesprivate beachnice feelrate cardlate seasonlower flooreast hamptonrooms are comfortabletaking advantagethe air conditioningminute driveperfect locationcourttennismotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My husband and I have been going to Ocean Vista for the past 12 years. We love staying here for a quiet and peaceful getaway from our busy lives. It is a great location and the beach is beautiful and only a 2 minute walk to the shore from the room. We enjoy taking long walks on the beach and watching the beautiful sunsets. The accommodations have been great and the pricing fair especially compared to other resorts located down the road. We like to be able to cook some of our meals so it is great to have cooking facilities in each unit. The management and maid service has been prompt and helpful with additional requests. We have also spend family vacations here several times over the years renting 3 rooms at a time and everyone had a wonderful time. We will continue to enjoy staying at Ocean Vista at least a few times over the season for years to come. l

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Horrible. I can sum up my experience in one word. We got there on Friday July 3rd after being stuck in traffic for hours. When we got to the reception area, the two women working there did not even look up to greet us. After waiting 2 long minutes, I asked if we could be helped. The older women brusquely said "In a minute" and just walked out of the office. The younger woman was on the phone taking a reservation but she did not so much as look up or apologize for the wait - she completely ignored our presence. After 5 minutes of such treatment, I asked another staff member who walked in what I needed to do to get us checked in, at which point the lady at the desk finally checked us in, but I have never been treated in such an incredibly rude and arrogant manner, especially for a $320 hotel room! She practically threw a paper at me demanding that I sign it to ensure that if anything got broken in the room, my credit card would be charged. She said, "Things get broken, you know". Her use of the passive was quite telling because the room was in such bad condition I wouldn't be surprised if things fell apart just from decay and then you'd see the charge on your bill. For example, the door lock was so old and rusty that everytime I entered the room I had to shove the door using my shoulder with all my weight behind it. When I mentioned this at checkout, I was simply and nonchalantly told that the salt air was the culprit and that all the doors need to be kicked in to enter the rooms. I would say that the culprit is rather the ineptitude and stinginess of the owners who don't want to spring the $15 it costs to occasionally change the locks. Finally, the room was not properly cleaned. As I walked around, small particles of sand, who knows what, crunched under my feed and the sheets we slept on were such poor quality and itchy (maybe they paid $5 max for them) I scratched and worried about bedbugs all nights.

In sum, if they were charging even $100 a night per room, all this could potentially be acceptable but not for $320 and not for a posh Hampton location. This is what I would expect in a Hostel or something.

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Sienela
Reviewed May 28, 2009

The Woman, Darlene, who runs the resort was just mean for no reason.

The room was pretty gross with stains in the carpet and sheets.

The toilet didn't work very good and we got blamed for it.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OnTheRoad0987
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We stayed in room #124 and the owners of this particular room should be ashamed to rent this room to paying customers. The room wasn't clean, the beds were terrible with pee sheets on them. We felt like we literally were breaking in when returning to the room because the lock was busted. The TV remote was taped up to keep the batteries from falling out and had a busted VCR. The lamp that lighted the room was made for a dwarf or midget. The refrigerator was in horrible shape. We can't believe the price we paid to stay in this room for what we got. Our only saving grace was the tennis courts and beach. We asked to switch rooms but it never happen. Dont rent room #124!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2008

One of the best beaches I've visited. Accomodations were on the small side but clean and comfortable. Central to both the Hamptons and Montauk with plenty of great restaurants in the area. Did I mention the beach? Absolutely terrific! Compared to the price of similar motels in the neighborhood, Ocean Vista is a relative bargain. The staff were knowledgeable and helpful, and, oh yeah, before I forget - the beach was magnificent.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)