“A BAD EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Zaporizhzhya
NAIROBI
“A BAD EXPERIENCE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were two from Kenya on a business trip to Ukraine and our counterparts had booked this hotel for us. Our duration of stay was to be 11 days, from 5th February 2013.Due to the nature of our business, we would normally arrive late at the hotel. Things took a bad turn when on the 5th night we arrived to find our rooms access keys blocked, apparently due to having exceeded the credit limit. To cut a long story short, the supervisor on duty handled us badly and we decided to settle the invoice the next day and seek an alternative hotel.
I did not expect a brand like Sheraton to treat customers the way we were treated.
The facilities are great but i believe customer care training is needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beuchi O
Claus T, General Manager at Khortitsa Palace Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Beuchi,

thank you very much for your comments left regarding your stay at our hotel, and bringing this issue to my attention.

My sincere apologies that this incident has occured; I will evaluate together with our Front office team and the supervisor present that day to review the procedure in question in order to avoid a reoccurence for the future, as this is certainly not representing our companies values.

Should you return to Zaporozhye in the future, i would appreciate the opportunity for a personal meeting to discuss the incident with you and would welcome if you would contact me via our reception or via email to arrange such a meeting.

Claus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed there to hunt for possible relatives, and to celebrate my birthday. The staff there were very helpful, and tried to track down possible relatives with no luck. Dined at the Flavors restaurant which had delicious borscht with beef, and excellent tasting risotto with prawns.
The business center did not have printers to use so, that was very inconvenient. I did not like the stationary bikes in the fitness center which were not very comfortable.
It was very nice of the staff to give me a free birthday cake. It is a shame that this hotel does not have access to a SPG phone number for free phone calls for guest's reservations, and concerns.
The only way to get a hold of SPG was thru live chat on-line.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Globetrotter10079
Dear Globetrotter 10079,

thank you very much for your review and evaluation of the services received at our hotel. I am happy to read that our associates were helpful, but tried in vain unfortunately, to track down possible relatives. I am equally happy to read that you enjoyed dinner in our restaurant.

My apologies for not being able to provide a free phone SPG number, but as far as i know toll free calling is not provided by our telephone operator. Thank you for your suggestion regarding a printer in our business center corner; certainly a recommendation I will evaluate and will try to rectify for the future.

Looking forward to receiving you back in the future in our hotel

Balki, Zaporiz'ka Oblast', Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have a large family (five children) and the wonderful people at Four Points in Zaporozhye treated us like we were their own family! We cannot say enough about the kindness of all the staff. They really made our stay so enjoyable and relaxing. The breakfast buffet was a special treat for all us us and all the servers and even the chefs were so kind and helpful! The food was delicious and served so attractively. It was exceptional! Definitely the best breakfast you'll find in Zaporozhye! If you stay at Four Points, be sure to make time for the sauna. It's very luxurious and our family loved it.
A special thank you to the front desk manager, Ghaffar, who treated us like royalty. What a wonderful young man - but we could say the same for all the staff who were so helpful and polite.
Thanks for a great stay! We will recommend you highly!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the river! What a gorgeous view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Claus T, General Manager at Khortitsa Palace Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Sobie,

it has been a pleasure to have you and your family again as our guests in Zaporozhye. We highly appreciate your evaluation of our services and that you thouroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to all of our associates and I am sure they will be excited to receive this recognition too.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future with your family

Cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

It was very nice to stay at Four Points by Sheraton in Zaporozhye.
We spend me and my parents a great vacation there as the hotel stuff is extremely friendly plus the hotel rooms are clean and comfortable.
The hotel stuff is extremely helpful especially we were accommodated by an excellent Egyptian manager there named (Ahmed Gaffar) - He helped us find our lost bag while we were traveling plus he has helped us rent taxis to move there in the city.
It was really a very nice trip:)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Claus T, General Manager at Khortitsa Palace Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your comments and review left about our hotel. It is a pleasure hearing that our associates contributed in making your vacation a great & memorable one.

I am equally happy to read your comments about our Front Office Manager Ghaffar who assisted you in the unfortunate issue with your lost bag, and I am sure he will appreciate the comment as well.

Looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my third time in this hotel. This hotel is a 100 % safe pick to have all what you want to have from a first class business hotel. The front desk is professional, the rooms have everything what you need with a great view to Dnepr, which is one of the greatest rivers in Europe. My room in thois hotel is a great corner room of 1405. I highly recommend this room for even the most picky business traveller. An amazing view with a highest room quality. I really do not find any laggers in this hotel. Please try yourself and you will understand what I mean.
This is a true pleasure and most relaxing place to stay after a hectic business day. Well done...four points by Sheraton.

Room Tip: 1405 and you will not be disappointed!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your review and evaluation of our hotel. I am very happy that you have again enjoyed your stay with us, and it will be a pleasure to welcoming you back in the future.

I will certaily pass on your comments to our associates, especially our Front Office associates, and I am sure they will be equally happy to hear that.

We will make a note of your preferred room, and will try our outmost to provide the same for you upon your next visit.

Looking forward to seeing you soon again in Zaporozhye

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

It was pleasure to stay there and to feel yourself as in Europe. Stuff is friendly and nice, hotel is brand new and really great. Rooms are big and breakfast is good!
Definitely the best hotel in the city and whole region!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Claus T, General Manager at Khortitsa Palace Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Mr. Shamborovsky,

I appreciate the time taken to write this review and would like to thank you very much for your evaluation of our services left at tripadvisor. I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you rate our hotel that high.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in Zaporozhye and our hotel

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Four points may be the only or at least newest "western" hotel in town but it still delivers. The reception staff are very welcoming, the food is good if light on local delicacies. The gym is small if adequate and with a bit of creativity and the palace to yourself you can replicate any workout. There is FREE WIFI throughout the hotel. The beds are the most comfortable I can remember. This is topped off by the fantastic location overlooking the river.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Claus T, General Manager at Khortitsa Palace Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Sir,

I appreciate the time taken to write this review and would like to thank you very much for your comments and evaluation of our services left at this website. I am very happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and had a very comfortable night in our signature beds.

I am equally glad to hear that our reception associates left a memorable impression, and happy to hear that you enjoyed our kitchen.

Hoping to be welcoming you in the future