“Average”
Review of Hotel Europe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Simferopol
Hotel Europe
Ranked #8 of 35 Simferopol B&B and Inns
UAE
“Average”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel could be hard to find as there is no english around, I was lucky and had someone show me. Location is good though if you want to be in the centre of town. The rooms are a good size, but the tv is only in non-english channels. Breakfast is pretty ordinary, one choice, they bring it out and you either eat it or you dont, so a bit of lucky dip with breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have a one night stay in the hotel and I think it was great.

The hotel located very close to the city centre, around 5 minutes of walk, where you can find a lot of restaurants. However, it seems many restaurants do not provide english services. Luckily I found a Ukrainian restaurants which had an english menu, the environment was comfortable, the food was cheap and tasty. It was called "ahkahbak", you can easily see it when you walk towards the main street from the hotel (turn right when you walk out the main entrance of the hotel). Highly recommended to people who have short stay in the hotel.

I booked the cheapest double room via booking.com. They gave me a big comfortable room during my stay. The bathroom was huge and there was good pressure of water with stable temperature. The bed was very comfortable too. A minor problem is that there are a few tiny insects flying in the room, but I found this kind of insects everything in Kiev also and they do not bite. So I do not think it is a problem. For the breakfast, I had yogurt, small portion of greek salad, bread with cheese & butter, eggs, hams and tea. The portion should be sufficient to an average person and I think the taste of alright.

The staff was friendly and could speak reasonable level of english. I did not have any problem in communicating with them. In case if we could not understand each other through conversation, we just wrote down our ideas on a piece of paper, they were very willing to serve.

I also used their transfer service from hotel to airport and it just costed 150 UAH. It might be slightly more expensive than ordering a taxi yourself, but you can avoid problems with dishonest taxi drivers or mis-communication. Highly recommended.

A minor problem with the hotel is that there is no elevator, which may be a minor problem to people who have big luggage.

If I am going to Simferopol again, I will choose to stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken S
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

One of the worst hotels I have stayed in in Ukraine. No air conditioning – not working and the staff not prepared to fix it – no fan as substitute or they refused to give me one, room very hot and stuffy. Surely unhelpful staff. ‘Free WiFi’ a joke, only available in the reception area. No refrigerator to keep water cool which you will need if you have a room as hot as mine. No light switch near the bed, only at the other end of the room, so when you switch off to go to sleep you have to stumble across the room in darkness.

Such a shame because this has been my only negative experience so far traveling round Ukraine. I would advise anyone to avoid this hotel, there are better and cheaper in Simferopol!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cerngb
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Staff where friendly and pleasant but communication was a problem with some members of staff. Room and breakfast was sufficient but no restaurant for lunch and evening meal. More a bed and breakfast than hotel. For this reason I feel it's over priced and was a little disappointed

• Stayed April 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after canvasing three other hotels downtown Simferopol and happily settled in for two nights at the " Hotel Europe". The hotel is very centrally located close to the city walk, which has great shopping , restaurants, coffee shops and night clubs. Our room was large, extremely clean, very comfortable king size bed and was the only hotel we could find with a true LCD flat screen television. All the other hotels had prehistoric televisions like out of the 80's? The reception staff at the front desk all spoke good English and were very accommodating, ordering cabs, locating services for us and getting us utensils late in the evening. Breakfast was included with room service. Wonderful coffee!

We would highly recommend this small quaint hotel for anyone on business or vacation!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brent l
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

There is not a great choice of hotels to stay in Simferopol, that is why i would definately recommend the Hotel Europe, as a convenient, comfortable and friendly place to stay. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff super friendly and all the receptionists speak english, they will willingly call a taxi, order in food and even provide you with a map of Simferopol (which are really hard to find). You are also located in a old, atmospheric square where you can hear the church bells chim and the call to the Mosque in the morning, a demonstration of Simferopol's multi-ethnic mix.Walking distance also from down town Simferopol, where the best cafes and restaurants are all located including Cafe no. 1 and Chocomoko on Gorky st, on the same street as most of the theatres.Moreover they offer a freshly cooked breakfast everyday, I have stayed 5 times now and have seen what else is on offer, this is the best place in town.

Room Tip: room no 17 and 15 are the largest rooms, 17 has a view overthe old sq
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank helenemoscow
Moncontour, France
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We needed a stop over in Simferopol between my flight arriving and our train the next morning. The room was OK. The breakfast was pretty poor. The location seemed reasonable.

The hotel offers a transfer from the airport which is totally overpriced at $110. We obtained a taxi over the internet for 15 Euros. One needs a taxi as the hotel is not in the centre of the town from what I could see,

Room Tip: Get a room on the bottom floor. Do not use their transfer transport - total ripoff
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pshahini

Been to Hotel Europe? Share your experiences!