“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Donetsk
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed there twice last year during Euro 2012, and to be honest, it was by luck! MY first night in Donetsk was actually just down the road from the Ramada as part of the apartment group Stadium Apartments, which was a complete sham (I'm sure other people on Tripadvisor probably had the same issue with them), and after one sleepless night, saw the Ramada and was lucky to get a business suite for the next 2 nights, and a standard room for 3 nights the next week. The staff were magnificent, not only in the time I was asking about rates and available rooms, but with everything! The business suite was a few levels up, and provided an excellent view of Shevchenko blvd, a living room area, and a bedroom. The room had 2 TV's, English speaking channels, the work desk area was very comfortable. The bed was like floating on a cloud. When I went back the following week, my standard room was higher up, so offering a better view on Shevchenko blvd. Being a standard, this was only 1 room, so if you had brought something back with you for lunch, it was a bit hard to find a spot to eat.

The two resturants there were really good, the breakfast at Atlantis was really filling, full buffet breakfast with plenty of options for what to eat, and what to drink with it, and the lunch and dinner menu was amazing, a wide range of dishes (try the salo). The lobby bar was perfect if you were on the go and wanted a bite to eat, and an excellent range of drinks to choose from.

The staff were so friendly, both the actual hotel staff, and the staff in the resturants. The staff helped me in getting a bus ticket and a transfer to the station, stamps for postcards, directions to places and so on. There was one girl at the front desk who was helping me with my photos by telling me what and who they are of, and when I was showing one of the Lenin statue to her and asked what was written on the pillar behind it, she didn't know, and she then asked another staff member, and they didn't know. She rang my room later and told me she found out what was written on it (Lenin's comments about the city). The two girls who helped me on my first morning were really helpful, one was blonde and I think called Natalia, and the other one had an olive complexion, whose name I can't remember, but she dealt with me a lot during my two stays (I did give the two girls a soft toy each from Australia, being a koala and a kangaroo as a thank you).

Everything at the hotel was excellent, the staff, the rooms, the food, atms, and the airport transfer was really good, and laundry is cheap. The only bad thing about my stay would be that the fitness centre wasn't opened at the time. I hope to go back there soon

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
KaterynaProkhorova, General Manager at Ramada Donetsk, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you so much for your wonderful detailed review. Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know you enjoyed your stay with us. At the moment we do have our Fitness and SPA centre opened and glad to propose you all services you need.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Kateryna Prokhorova,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

nice branded hotel - you get what you expect and even more - I was really surprised when I visited their spa & gym. looks like it has been recently opened, very spacious, unusual and very beautiful design. i had a massage and i can recommend it. if not some business errands in donetsk i would probably spent all time in the hotel - comfy room, good food, gym, spa - a nice getaway in the city of miners:)

Room Tip: do not miss their gym & spa
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Olga,

Thank you for taking the time to complete survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Be sure that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Kateryna Prokhorova,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed for two nights on business. Room was clean and comfortable; a bit on the small side. Food in the restaurant on 2nd floor was great!

Only feedback: when laundry is sent out, provide the option for folding. The last thing I want to do after paying $100 US to have my clothes laundered, is to fold everything.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rogue_Gent_612
KaterynaProkhorova, General Manager at Ramada Donetsk, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will immediately reconsider our laundry procedure due to your comments.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Warm regards,
Kateryna Prokhorova
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

After rebranding as Ramada, some things vere changed to better, especially beds. In general, it is higher standards hotel than typical Ramada in Western Europe.
As earlier, restaurant is one of the best in city. Such breakfast offer is as rare as beloved by me, with soups and bouillons, right tea with right lemons, and even sushi. It is important because although located in nice are, there are virtually no other dining options within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
KaterynaProkhorova, General Manager at Ramada Donetsk, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Borys,
Thank you for posting this review regarding your recent stay at Ramada Donetsk hotel.
We value all our guest feedback both positive and constructive.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon!
Venlo, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nice hotel with excelent rooms and friendly staff. Definately try the restaurant on the second floor.
Also visit the bar which has nice relaxing couches and good music. Best stay for young people.
A bit far from the center but situated on a good location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rondebijl
KaterynaProkhorova, General Manager at Ramada Donetsk, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay at Ramada Donetsk hotel.
I would like to assure you that your comments have been shared with the team.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I travelled to Donetsk on a business trip with two co-workers. We arrived late and stayed just one night. A restaurant was closed so we had to get some food in a bar on the ground floor. The bar was ok but way too smokey for my liking. The room (if I remember it right I stayed in 610) was small and clean. The Internet connection worked fine.

There were two surprises in the morning. A good view of the Kalmius River from my window was a nice surprise.

Unfortunately, my co-traveller could not take a shower in the morning because water was rusty. And not just rusty but rich brown color rusty. It was a bad surprise She stayed on the sixth floor as well. So she took pictures of the bath tube filled with brown water, showed them to the management, and took a nice walk along the river.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ktaam
KaterynaProkhorova, General Manager at Ramada Donetsk, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest!
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent visit for Ramada Donetsk hotel. I was extremely disappointed to read of your experience and I would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and to restore your faith in us.Give us another chance!
Hope to see you soon at our hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, good food, neat rooms and free wifi. Located in centre, with view to the river. I have been there several times and quality remains high. The only thing I cant comment about id gym: I never had time to check it.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank MrOniric
KaterynaProkhorova, General Manager at Ramada Donetsk, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking time to complete your review!
Ramada Donetsk hotel staff was very glad to find out that our hotel is in high favour with you.
We kindly ask you to find time and to visit our Atlas Fitness and SPA complex, we believe its services will make your stay more comfortable. It will be opened to the end of this year.
Again thank you for completing your survey!