“A Palace is A Palace”
Review of Donbass Palace

Donbass Palace
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Donetsk
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I always wanted to stay there but I never could negotiate a price that could be reasonable enough for me to justify staying there. I finally had this opportunity and booked a suite. Comfort, cleanliness, service, all was outstanding. Not all the staff speaks English but is very attentive and polite. In case like I have read in other reviews one is dissatisfied mention it immediately, all will be corrected. On my stay all came perfect. The breakfast is very good maybe not as good as I expected but i cannot point out the exact reason why it felt something was missing. the concierge and the reception was all fluent in english. The location of the hotel was excellent and even though my suite was on the boulevard, i was not bothered by the noice. the room service was also excellent and efficient. I did not have time to enjoy all features of the hotel, but I left with a great feeling. I will go back again if I can get the same deal. please remember that you are in Ukraine and that sometimes if you feel something is not right mention it immediately and most of the time the thing will be solved in a minute. I recommend the receptionist or the concierge that can be your best ally in solving problems.

Room Tip: The bar is very convenient to conduct meetings, and offer very nice pastries.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pdnirc

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Although I was not staying at the hotel I was recommended to eat at the restaurant. I have never been so disappointed... the food took a long time to arrive, was cold & did not meet my expectations at all. The service was slow & the chef... whoever was in charge as the head chef was not on duty was extremely rude & unhelpful. I would not recommend this hotel to any of my business assoicates or friends. Very poor.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Everything in this palace hotel is perfect!
I was lucky because as soon as I arrived I was upgraded to a splendid superior rooms and welcomed with roses and chocolates in the room!
Room service is fast and the staff is super nice ^__^
Breakfast is just awesome and maybe the best I had so far during this trip in Ukraine...
There is a cosy spa in the hotel and massages are just great :-)
I can just say that my stay was really appreciated also thanks to this hotel!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I visited this hotel on a business trip. While the hotel's main areas look beautiful and the room I was given was quite large, the hotel is not a 5 star hotel. Much of the hotel staff speaks no English. The food on offer looked positively Soviet. And m y room was freezing cold the entire time I was there. In spite of calling multiple times to complain, the hotel could do nothing to remedy this as the highest the heat goes in any of their room is 24.5 Celsius - air conditioning in most countries! If you have to go to Donetsk (and I would ask yourself if you really do), stay far, far away or pack your blankets with you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Fantastic hotel, with excellent customer focused staff. Staff attentive, great and efficient. I do find the hotel a bit pricy though, when compared to other new hotels in the city. Rooms are comfortable and staff went out of their way to assist. Even arranged taxis to collected me from a bar in the early hours of the morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Was in Donestk for business for a single night. I had traveled there from Washington DC, on 3 flights so was exhausted by the time I landed and made my way to the hotel.

Since I was there on business and just for one night, I didn't really use any of the hotel's amenities, so can't speak to those, but the room was fairly nice. It was fairly large, well appointed, with a nice bathroom and walk-in closet.

They have a money exchange on-site which was very helpful since I hadn't taken time to get cash at the airport.

The hotel itself is in a relatively cute part of town -- passed a number of nice boutique shops on the way from the airport.

Coming from the US, I was not accustomed to the scent of cigarette smoke that is present in some parts of the hotel. But when in Rome...

My only real gripe with the hotel was the air conditioning, which seemed not to function very well. My room was 27 degrees Celsius most of the evening, despite having the A/C thermostat set to 20. I didn't complain to the front desk because I was just too tired after my long flights, but it made it somewhat uncomfortable.

I ordered room service for dinner -- a turkey club. Service was prompt and the sandwich was as expected.

I'd stay there again, although the A/C situation would be a worry.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank phillan
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I always stay at Donbass Palace when go for business in Donetsk. Never had any problems, personell is always nice and even when they dont know how to solve the problem they act in a very kind and emotinally intellegent manner. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business