“Average Budget Accommodation Once We Got Our Room”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Entebbe
Entebbe Flight Motel
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and I live in East Africa and have stayed at many different places. If you are on a budget, this place is all right. We opted to pay $35 for a double and not pay $10 for breakfast. We got it at the airport for much cheaper.

As for the stay, upon arrival we were greeted by the cement bunker facade others have referred to. We also found they had a reservation for us but no room. After the receptionist tried to convince us to take a lesser room for the same price (supposedly the only one available), they finally said they would clean a room for us. The room was fine for $35--basic, but fairly clean. Our room was quiet, but in the morning the shower was cold.

I would only recommend this place to someone on a tight budget not expecting a lot. The price has gone up a lot also in the last year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank schuaa
There are newer reviews for Entebbe Flight Motel

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Entebbe Flight Motel is functional. It has clean rooms and toilet, tv, bed, ceiling fan. It is very near the airport and the UN base, where the motel provides free transfers. There is breakfast hall where for $7 you get coffee/tea, juice, fruit and bread. Within the premises is a dining hall where buffet dinner is served. The cost is reasonable, but the choices not particularly appetizing. There is a generator which is important because of the frequent power outages in Entebbe. Internet is available by the reception only, but it is free. The property has a lot of room for improvement, aesthetics-wise. On the outside, the facade is unfinished: I was so surprised when our vehicle pulled into this property. The closets are coming apart at the hinges, and the curtains and bedspread/blanket have seen better days. Across the motel is a grocery where you could buy personal items. Nearby is a foreign exchange place whose rates are perceived by locals as pretty good. If you want a place for transit, or simply a place to sleep in in Entebbe, this motel will do. I will not recommended this for people who would like to relax in their rooms...While I was initially disappointed by the look of the place, if you factor in the cost and compare it with other properties, it seems to provide fair value.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows that open into the rear courtyard could be noisy during the day. This is where gu...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank ATrenas
Reviewed February 28, 2012

As I had read before I came, the Entebbe Flight Motel is a bit strange, but overall was a good experience. The staff picked us up at the airport (they had a sign with our names on it), and took us straight to the motel. Our room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was adequate, and we had dinner there one night and the buffet was good.

The overall set up of the Entebbe Flight Motel is a bit odd with the shell of the bigger future renovation looming over the smaller current structure. The staff were very kind and helpful though.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LeslieWY04
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I'm a little baffled reading these other reviews, honestly. This was not what I experienced.

My stay (Feb 2012) was very short, but enough to experience this place. The whole thing is just a construction site with dust and construction materials everywhere. The current rooms have stained and moldy carpet, smelly old furniture, and sub-standard bathrooms. Front desk staff was incredibly rude and unpleasant.

Restaurant was filthy, though food tasted okay. Had been in Uganda for two weeks, but this was the only place that gave me diarrhea. At least the restaurant staff was very friendly. $7 USD for dinner buffet.

Place seemed to be experiencing a plague of moths of biblical proportions. All of my baggage came home with dead moths inside.

Not a pleasant place, and not a great bargain for $30 USD. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The best room you can get is one not located at this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2012

A nice economy hotel with reasonably clean rooms and attached bathrooms. Single room for 25 and double for 30 US dollars (breakfast NOT included). It is located on Entebbe-Kigali Road, closer to airport and Hotel transport is available (Free of Cost) for pick and drop to the airport and even to the UN headquarters. Staff is good and carry ur luggage to and from the rooms. They have buffet Lunch and Dinner available in reasonably good price (though I did not had any of that). There new building is under construction since long time. Four Point Restaurant (a nice restaurant in Entebbe) is at a 5 minutes Walk down towards the airport.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank AsadKhan
Reviewed November 13, 2011

There are so many weird times of flying in and out of Entebbe airport that I've stayed at this motel more than 4 times now.
The motel is old, the beds are old, the restaurant is...plastic but good food (I thought their dinner buffet was excellent actually - or maybe I was really hungry).
But its CLEAN - FRIENDLY and CONVENIENT. Free shuttle, timely service.

They are building an exctention for more than 3 years now... not sure what will change when that's finished, but it might solve their 'oldness' problem.

Last time my biggest challenge was the room at the other end of the motel. It's a real maze :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ferdifred
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed here 2 non-consecutive nights-the night I arrived and the day I left Uganda. I met up with my daughter and her fiance(fiance when I arrived, husband when I left!:) The rooms were clean, bathroom had a sink, flushing toilet, and a stand up shower(no curtain, but it was fine) I had never been our of my country(USA) before so I didn't know what to expect. I slept well, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was worried about mosquitos before I came, but I only saw one at breakfast. None in the room. Breakfast was toast/jam and tea/juice, not much but it was sufficient. They have an airport shuttle bus that is complimentary which worked out great. It looks like it was under construction at some point and they never finished, so the outside looks a little shabby, but it didn't matter to me-the only bad thing I would say is on my day before I left, the room didn't have a seat for the toilet, inconvenient, but I had seen worse during my trip, so, it was workable! When I go back to visit my daughter/husband again, I will stay here!

Room Tip: Maybe just make sure your toilet has a seat?
  • Stayed: April 2011