“A real oasis”
Review of The Boma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Entebbe
The Boma
Ranked #1 of 62 Entebbe B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We ended 5 days in Uganda at the the Boma prior to returning to Nairobi and were very happy there. It is a real oasis in the middle of a busy city and fairly close to the airport at Entebbe. There is a lovely swimming pool which was very welcome after the heat of the city. Our room was very comfortable and the food delicious. We would love to return to Uganda some day as our trip has been so worthwhile, thanks in part of Primate Safaris and our guide Andrew.

There are newer reviews for The Boma

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We loved the Boma! Stayed both at the beginning and end of our trip around Uganda and when returning to it at the end it felt like we were going home. Very nice rooms, very quiet at night, good food, lovely gardens and pool area. The staff was super helpful - especially when setting up the reservation by email. Very convenient location for late night arrivals/departures from the airport. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Excellent Email communication to make reservations. We were picked up at the airport after midnight just as promised.. It was a welcome place to stay after a long flight. We made a return trip the night before leaving Entebbe. We had a beautiful room with our own patio. Grounds around the hotel are beautiful and attract many birds. We were allowed to use the grounds (and pool!) during the day after we checked out of our room for no extra charge - was so nice!! A bit expensive but a welcome respite.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Polite, friendly and efficient staffing of this guest house was demonstrated from the very start, in my case an email asking fro a room at very short notice!

The Boma benefits from close proximity to the airport, great for late night and early morning arrivals and departures; the complimentary pick-ups and drop-offs are an added bonus and would certainly add to the peace of mind of anyone travelling to Uganda for the first time.

My room was on the small side but as I was travelling alone it was not an inconvenience, had my husband been with me we would have been cramped. There is however a spacious lounge area and seating in the fabulous gardens too. The bed was both clean and comfortable and the bathroom (no bath) perfectly adequate.

Breakfasts are substantial with a huge choice, I would surprised if anyone let the table unsatisfied. Evening meals are served on the verandah, I ate early and watched the sun drop below the horizon enjoying the birdlife in the garden making the most of the last rays of light. The evening menu is hugely varied, portions are large and the quality and service the best I have had in Uganda.

Highly recommended, particularly if you flying through Entebbe. Book early, this guest house is very popular for all the right reasons. Credit cards are not accepted so make sure you have enough cash for the bill!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SANDJAW
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is very cute and charming. It definitely looks like a guest house instead of a big hotel. The staff was very helpful and ensured all information about the amenities they offered as soon as we checked-in. The continental breakfast was small, but nutritious with fresh fruit, milk, coffee, tea etc. They also offered to cook eggs however anyone wants. The room was very comfortable with a large bathroom area. The lighting was not as great, but as a “city” hotel, they had a medium size flat tv. The big plus about the BOMA was that they provided complimentary internet and after roaming around Uganda without internet; it was a great thing to catch up with.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

After a long trip to Uganda I arrived @ 23:00 in the Boma. I was picked up at the airport by one of the hotel staff. After a short ride I arrived at the hotel.

The check in was fast and friendly and the room was quite big. As I was quite thirsty I went quickly to the bar and I had my first beer in Uganda - it was fantastic.

I then had a wonderful sleep in a big bed. The next morning I enjoyed breakfast close to the pool.

I can definitely recommend the Boma. Especially for the 1st or the last night, as it is close to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marcel B
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This guest house is an easy taxi distance from Entebbe Airport. Indeed the hotel organises pick ups and return journeys to the airport. Rooms are comfortable with fans (which you will need on your first night in Uganda) There is also a pleasant verandah where you can have tea brought in the early morning or in the afternoon. Dining room overlooks a good sized swimming pool surrounded by los of loungers and chairs. Breakfast includes fruit, cereal, toast, any kind of egg and excellent coffee. Dinner menu is OK but nothing special. Helpings are very generous - too much for me. As others have said the staff are excellent. It is a busy place as the flights arrive and depart at odd times of day and night. On our way back home the staff kindly let us store our luggage then have dinner before our flight home. This is the place I would always choose for a day or two stay in Entebbe.