See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I want to start off by saying the hotel is not that bad, but service is lacking here. The rooms are big, and even though I had no problems with my room, my 9 other business travelers did. Cold showers, broken AC, and even a security issue. The bar tenders don’t know how to mix drinks, only serve shots. The food was subpar but eatable. The facility is run down, not updated at all. The pool & beach area were ok, but I did not use them. The fitness center was awful, I should have gotten a tetanus shot when I arrived home. The sauna was great.

On the day we departed, I left my oral night guard in my room. I tried several times to contact my sweet, helpful housekeeper with no luck. The front desk failed to understand the importance of this device, and I really don’t think they cared to look for it.

Currently 12 of us are waiting for a one night refund as we needed to check out because of an early departure from Uganda. This is unacceptable, I have emailed the main customer service link with no response.

If you can, stay somewhere else. There are other lovely hotels in Entebbe, go find one ( the Portea is grand!)

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Emmanuel M, Front Office Manager at Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to read about the poor experience you and your team had during your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused,and rest assured we fully understand your disappointment and frustration. Your remarks have been shared with our department heads for a thorough follow-up and action. Thank you for bringing this to our attention..
Regarding the refund on credit cards ,this can only be processed by the bank.The Hotel instructed the bank to process the refund immediately after you checked out and we are sorry to learn of the delay ,our finance office has however taken note and will follow up with the bank concerned . .
We hope we will still have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future and look forward to providing you with the quality product and service you are entitled to expect as a valued guest.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Attended a workshop there (including accommodation). Whoever I spoke to reported broken bathroom fixtures. Not yet substantial, but in five years the place will be run down. Only one elevator working. In the evenings power goes frequently off and on. The building is clad in foil-coated aluminum, the blue plastic foil started coming off at many spots. Room 547 is to be avoided, a rat was living inside a drawer. Not a mouse, a real big rat. No apologies from the staff when the guest reported this.
The lake side bar plays music way to loud for a nice evening on the beach. Bad value for money.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank through_galaxy
Emmanuel M, Front Office Manager at Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear Guest,
We are sorry to read about the poor experience you had during your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Your comments about the rat in the room and all issues mentioned were duly noted and the necessary action and follow-up will be done accordingly with the staff concerned. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope we will still have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future and meanwhile remain
Best regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2017

This excellent hotel has the best staff I have ever met. Excellent location near major sights of entebbe .I felt my self at home during my stay .the hotel is also charming with an interesting site.our room was of average size ,funished to a high standard .very clean and with plenty of storage space.All the request we're immediately answered, A truly like a 5 star hotel.charming best staff,excellent location ,more than we could expect. The manager was so welcoming.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Emmanuel M, Front Office Manager at Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2017

Dear guest,
We are happy to be informed that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly
not hesitate to share your valuable comments with our staff members.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us!
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2017

PROS. Located on shores of Lake Victoria with beautiful garden between the hotel and the narrow sandy beach where there are places for grilled food and drinks. Beautiful internal lobby, nice view from restaurant, quiet neighborhood, lush with many trees and birds. In room: spacious room and bathroom, quiet AC, good international channels on TV, good lights and electrical outlets, good view of garden and trees in front of lake; friendly staff
CONS. Poor buffet breakfast; Very slow (<1Mbs) and unreliable, problematic internet; poor and expensive food in hotel restaurant (eat at local places in town or at beach in front of hotel), had to request hair dryer and mini-fridge in room; no fruit or water, bathrobe, slippers, room service menu, info in room; room is spacious but half of it empty of furniture; located far from town - need taxi - and no nearby shops except those inside hotel compound (expensive); very noise on weekend with blasting DJ music and many locals; must go outside to walk through the garden to reach pool that is not close to hotel; everything in hotel is unreasonably expensive compared to outside. Must pay in advance instead of at end of your stay - means they do not trust their guests!!!! In general, a poor value hotel for what you pay for and what you receive.
TIPS. Ask for room with garden and lake view; use Uber for transport to town (ask someone to buy a local SIM for you); eat locally in town or at beach bars; do not stay here if you want to be close to shops and town (there is an Imperial branch in town near the Imperial Mall for this)

Room tip: see TIPS mentioned above
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
JAMES K, Director of Sales at Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback . We appreciate the compliments and we shall ensure good food and service are delivered / rendered . Thank you .

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Okay. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms quite large and airy so you can breathe. Big bed too and fast internet too.

My only concern was the food. What i ordered a la carte but food was either swipped for me from the buffet or it was definitely not fresh. Most surprising was the sauted veggies I ordered with my meal...stringy not fresh. Rice was not cooked through. It also came really late cos i was already dropping off. I was really surprised by the quality of the food for such a hotel.
I would've gone for the buffet but checked in late and had an early morning flight so in no shape to go in for a buffet after unpacking. I wil try again next time to see. Loved most of the staff i met though.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank olutayob
Emmanuel M, Front Office Manager at Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Dear guest,
We are truly Very sorry to read about the poor restaurant experience you had. Please accept our apologies, rest assured we fully understand your disappointment. Your comments were duly noted and have been transmitted to the staff concerned for thorough follow-up. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.