“The staff makesI staff makes the difference”

2Friends Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
Reviewed March 1, 2014

There are now many hotels that have good accommodations, but the staff at 2Friends Beach make the experience different than most. I stayed one week while on business (meetings in another local hotel) and enjoyed being away from the larger crowds of the other hotels.

So, what too like? As one who spends over a hundred nights in hotels each year, here is my criteria of what brings me want to come back, and makes me recommend to others.

1, They quickly responded to my emailed booking request. This was prompted after waiting over a week for the hotel that initially tried to book.
2. The were prompt for my airport pickup even after midnight.
3.The rooms are clean and consistently made up each day. Kudos for well trained and friendly service there.
4. The rooms are nicely appointed and many have a good view of the lake. Not air conditioned, but do come with a fan and that was adequate to keep me mostly comfortable.
5. Good food, served quick and very reasonably priced. The nightly BBQ when they do them are quite good. Much like having a BBQ at a friends house where it is fine to have your steak put back on the grill for a few extra minutes as I did once or twice. Other times the standard menu, while limited is fresh and tasty. I repeated the grilled fish three times. Big thanks to the kitchen staff Grace, Micheal and Micky.

But most important to me for a hotel or guest house is the service. The owner Donny takes pride in selecting staff with great can-do attitudes and who generally make you feel at home. Conrad and Mitchelle manage much of the day to day activities, and reservations and one of them is always there and offering to help with whatever they can do to make your stay enjoyable. In the pleasant outdoor bar/dining area Naomi, Moreen and Jackie are the service staff that take good care of you with food and beverages.

The last two to mention are Hank the guard who always greeted me when coming back in and asked about my day and Precious, the young dog who wants to be your new best friend. So, forgive the name dropping, but for me they made the difference.

I

1  Thank Lauren G

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This place does what it says it will do you come as guests you leave as friends however short your stay and mine was very short as I left before 4.00 am the following morning to catch my flight. The rooms are a good size and surprisingly quiet for the location close to the bustle of the lakeside. It is not a big place and packed into a small corner but with all you need and friendly staff. I have not visited their long established Jinja hotel but these Icelanders know what they are doing at this recently opened hotel in Entebbe. Everyone flocks to the bar by the bijou pool - stretch out and you have done a length! But the atmosphere is just right and the food is good. Before I left the cheerful staff at 3.30 am made sure I drank my breakfast juice. I wish I was that cheerful at 3.30 am!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FarmerGilesRutlandUK
Reviewed February 18, 2014

A very friendly hotel with outstanding service.
I like the whole concept, from food and drinks to soft music in the bar / restaurant in the evening. The bbq fillet was amazing.
I recommend anyone who has the opportunity to visit the hotel for a few nights relaxation

1  Thank kg_traveling
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I had an amazing stay at Two friends beach hotel Entebbe with my partner during the Christmas season. The place has excellent rooms, the staff is very friendly. the food is amazing and the owner- Donny, was quite nice and accommodating of all his guests.
Its an intimate place with a few rooms, which enhances the experience of staying there as you get personalized service.If you are tired of staying at big hotels with poor service this is the place to be. The rooms, done by the owner, are a work of art! The same applies to the bar area. I couldn't stop taking pictures:)
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The food is tasty and simple. I recommend their Tilapia, with fries and a creamy sauce that was to die for. The salad is crispy and tasty. The breakfast was amazing. We found that eating the food here was preferable to going to other hotels as we were always assured of good food.
2 friends Entebbe is located a short- and I mean really short distance away from the beach, where the owner frequently hosts barbecues at the beach.He also does the same during select nights throughout the weak and the meats are quite tasty and juicy.
Then there is precious, a cute little puppy and "miss miss" a shy cat. These are the hotel "mascots" as they call them. I was really taken by them, especially the puppy as it is always at hand to welcome guests.
I am thankful we got to stay at this hotel. It was such a great experience and I have been recommending it to all our friends. When I think of this place I think of rest and relaxation in good surroundings. Have I mentioned they had a great WIFI connection that allowed me to work even as I enjoyed my stay...this is a great place....take my word for it!

Room Tip: Get the top room at the corner as you get a 360 view of everything even the lake and beach across th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilian k
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After traveling the best part of 7 hours crammed into the back of a car from the Tanzanian border, this place was a sight for sore eyes! Straight away I got a good feeling for 2Friends Entebbe. We were greeted by the owner's brother, Henrik on arrival who was born in Iceland but spoke fluent Swedish and was an extremely good host. The complex is surrounded by a perimeter wall and there is a guard at the gate so the place felt very secure.

We were shown to our rooms by the attentive staff (all of which were smiling, helpful and above all friendly). The quality and tidiness of the grounds from the pool to the inviting bar all gave good vibes. Upon arriving in the rooms we were served a platter of fresh fruit and could enjoy for the first time in our 15 day trip, a shower with decent pressure!

The rooms are decorated tastefully with flamboyant art on the walls, mosquito nets that look kingly in a Scandinavian-Icelandic design. From the balcony (if you choose a room with a lake view) one can see Lake Victoria and there is somewhere to sit with a mains plug where you can charge your devices.

Amenities wise, the room has tea/coffee, TV with many channels (although I didn't use it), wireless internet (Note, this is provided by a 3G router so don't expect fantastic speeds. It is sufficient for light browsing and text mails, a voice Skype if you are lucky). Also in the room is an fan, telephone etc.

The bar (beside the pool) is a relaxing place to hang out and enjoy local beer. I strongly recommend letting the host cook you a fillet steak, for $15USD this was truly fantastic!
Lunch the next day was burgers .. also very good, but this fillet steak was hard to beat.

It sounds perfect, and it practically was. The only minor problem was when coming to pay; it is stated that one can pay with card online. As we didn't have enough USD to cover the bill, we opted for this option. Unfortunately there was some problem with the payment system. We tried 2 different computers and in the end needed to get the money out in Ugandian shillings from an ATM on the way to Entebbe airport. This was a small inconvenience, so I recommend you have sufficient USD if possible.

The buffet breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of dishes including cheese and meats. The pancakes are definitely worth a try! Almost without exception, the staff were excellent and made us feel welcome with the exception of the driver who dropped us to the airport who seemed a shady, surly sort of character. But this did not detract from the overall experience. All of us wished that we were staying longer, and send a big thank you to Henrik and the staff for making our albeit short stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: A lake-side room on the second floor offers good views to lake victoria!
1  Thank m_prebble
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had an excellent last night in Africa before flying back to Europe. Nice and comfortable room, top class food and very nice and friendly staff. Only problem was the card payment, which did work as promised, which called for a quick stop at an ATM on the way to the airport. Located almost directly on the beach of Lake Victoria.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Excellent room, and great location at the waterfront. Rooms were modern, clean and well equipped. Breakfast was probably the best we had in our 2 week tour of Uganda. Free and efficient shuttle to the airport. Good WIFI.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple