There are now many hotels that have good accommodations, but the staff at 2Friends Beach make the experience different than most. I stayed one week while on business (meetings in another local hotel) and enjoyed being away from the larger crowds of the other hotels.
So, what too like? As one who spends over a hundred nights in hotels each year, here is my criteria of what brings me want to come back, and makes me recommend to others.
1, They quickly responded to my emailed booking request. This was prompted after waiting over a week for the hotel that initially tried to book.
2. The were prompt for my airport pickup even after midnight.
3.The rooms are clean and consistently made up each day. Kudos for well trained and friendly service there.
4. The rooms are nicely appointed and many have a good view of the lake. Not air conditioned, but do come with a fan and that was adequate to keep me mostly comfortable.
5. Good food, served quick and very reasonably priced. The nightly BBQ when they do them are quite good. Much like having a BBQ at a friends house where it is fine to have your steak put back on the grill for a few extra minutes as I did once or twice. Other times the standard menu, while limited is fresh and tasty. I repeated the grilled fish three times. Big thanks to the kitchen staff Grace, Micheal and Micky.
But most important to me for a hotel or guest house is the service. The owner Donny takes pride in selecting staff with great can-do attitudes and who generally make you feel at home. Conrad and Mitchelle manage much of the day to day activities, and reservations and one of them is always there and offering to help with whatever they can do to make your stay enjoyable. In the pleasant outdoor bar/dining area Naomi, Moreen and Jackie are the service staff that take good care of you with food and beverages.
The last two to mention are Hank the guard who always greeted me when coming back in and asked about my day and Precious, the young dog who wants to be your new best friend. So, forgive the name dropping, but for me they made the difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 Friends Beach Hotel is tastefully decorated with its own creative and unique design situated on the beach front of Lake Victoria (only 10 minutes drive from Entebbe airport). The hotel has 15 spacious rooms and offers a warm and personal service with all necessary facilities for the perfect and comfortable long or short stay. Enjoy your private terrace overlooking the lake or indulge down at our beach with a cold drink or something nice to eat or drink from our popular Beach Cafe. We now also have 4 rooms with state of the art air con. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your 2Friends Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.