“Great Location. Good Place!”
Review of Sienna Beach Hotel

Sienna Beach Hotel
Ranked #21 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Entebbe
London, United Kingdom
“Great Location. Good Place!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with family, after a long flight, pre arranged ...& were pleasantly surprised by the location and hospitality. Breakfast was a lil average but managed. Great staff, great people, would stay again..

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is the ideal location to recover from, or prepare for a long flight. Immaculately clean, well provisioned rooms on Lake Victoria, right next to the Botanical Gardens. Safe for jogging and stretching your legs in the area. Prices are reasonable. Excellent Thai restaurant in the vicinity. Super comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Most quiet if away from parking area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank PortlandJeanette
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The best part of the hotel is its location.. its on the beach. Its nice, quiet & you can spend hours looking at the beautiful Lake Victoria.
The breakfast is average. It seems to be a new property, hence has nice, clean rooms. the rooms are basic with minimal amenities - no ACs... only fans (but thats sufficient)...
sit in the garden(lawn), next to the beach in the evening & enjoy your drink ....
excellent value for money ... highly recommended !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NeerajMarwah
Entebbe, Uganda
Reviewed July 16, 2013

After arriving in Entebbe to find Highway Motel closed for renovations my taxi driver suggested Sienna Beach Hotel. I was delighted to find a spacious room, overlooking the lake. It was the last room available so I counted my lucky stars and when the receptionist said that there would be noise as the room is located close the entrance I wasn't too disturbed about this. Given the noise was quite something - I slept fine. The Hotel provides breakfast - which was great. The wifi was slow, but then I wasn't expecting anything else. I would recommend it to travelers and the $60 I paid for the night was worth it.

Room Tip: If there are room available to the back of the Hotel, take one of those rather, but if you are down...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Johannesburg
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night and the room was enormous.it is situated right on the lake and that was it.however the place gets quite noisy at night and I would suggest a room at the back instead of facing the lake.the staff sleeps in the lobby at night,so don't be shocked.for 50dollars a night,it is overall decent,bit definitely not worth a penny more.

• Stayed April 2013
Hampton, VA
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed there for one night earlier this week as I had some business to do in Entebbe. The room was clean, the view and location near the water were excellent. The staff was also very friendly and accommodating. Things that were disappointing were the room was quite small compared to my colleague's, no a/c, only a fan in my room and it was rather warm and very humid. There were a great many flying bugs and mosquitos, especially around the lights and a few got into my room. The mosquito net would not quite close around the bed, so it wasn't enough to serve its purpose.
My shower pressure was not much more than a trickle and the wall mount was broken so had to hold the shower wand in my hand.
My colleague and I waited a good hour for our dinner and we were the only customers there at the time. He ordered grilled chicken, but they served him grilled talapia fish. For breakfast, again it was only the two of us. Coffee and tea were readily served and so was a delicious plate of fresh pineapple and watermelon. However everything else was served one at a time, omelet, then bread, then juice. I'm honestly not sure if I would stay there again or not.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe N
Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed February 28, 2013

On september of last year, after reading nice reviews about J Residence Motel, I headed there first. The place is clean, orderly and run like a family house by a wonderful couple Habiba and John and very friendly staff. But it didn’t meet my expectations. The motel is a bit dark, the rooms are small and don’t open on any view. It’s a good deal for one or two nights in transit, but probably not great for a longer stay. On the second day, I went to explore the vicinity as I heard about a certain Anderita beach hotel overlooking Victoria Lake. The hotel is alright, but bit congested. The rooms are quite small and the view on the lake is bit far away, and staff at the reception desk were not very friendly. I left the hotel and kept walking along the beach and that’s how I found Sienna beach hotel.

The manager, Annet was very friendly. She showed me the place and I fell immediately in love with it. The rooms are huge, decorated in a European style, with a dressing room, a terrace and big bathroom. The entire place is lofty, full of light and quiet. It brought a smile to my face. I was given room 201, which combines a view on a green country side landscape with a fabulous view on the Victoria Lake that I can enjoy right from my terrace. Annet told me that the place opened 3 years ago and has a total of 16 rooms, of which 5 have a water view. The food is good and the staff extremely friendly. In the evening, guests enjoy the pleasant gardens on the lake. What makes Sienna hotel a great deal is the price, which is a great deal for all what the place has to offer, especially the majestic view on the lake.

In addition to car hire services, Annet arranges for a boat ride across the lake. With a few more bucks, I managed to spend a long and wonderful holiday that helped me rest and recover from my stressful job and finish writing a report in dream like conditions.

I am thrilled with this discovery that I highly recommend to whomever is looking for spending some quality time by Africa’s greatest lake, far from congested resorts and without having to spend a fortune. Enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo