“Excellent Value from a team that lives up to its name!”
Review of Karibu Entebbe

Karibu Entebbe
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
Reviewed October 13, 2013

As a regular traveller to Entebbe I have been in search of accommodation that I would want to return to - the Karibu Guest House ticks all the boxes.

Prompt and friendly communication was the first indication that this guest house would live up to my expectations was continued throughout my short stay. All of the staff I encountered were both welcoming and helpful.

The rooms are relatively basic but cover all your needs and importantly are ultra clean, free of insects and roomy!

The food is simply exceptional, without a doubt the dinner was the best I have enjoyed in Uganda, portions are plentiful and individual preferences well catered for.

I cannot recommend this guest house highly enough and can only say that when I tried to book in for an upcoming trip was devastated to find that there were no rooms available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SANDJAW

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. It was quiet and beautiful and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable sizing. The food was delicious and they accommodated well for my friend who is a vegetarian. Overall a very good experience!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are a company that has used the Karibu on numerous occasions in the past, and will certainly keep using them in the future. The rooms are great, the food FANTASTIC and service is better than most. We place our bookings online and Lillian has always been very prompt, courteous and helpful. Airport pick up and drops are always there on time, and they are the only place we have encountered thus far that will confirm bookings and enquire about our delegates and visitors stay afterwards. 5 ***** all way round.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Several of us stayed for most of the week at the Karibu Guest House during the third week of Sept 2013. The staff was excellent to say the least. They took care of all our needs and were very friendly and cordial. The Guest house has a beautiful garden area and the food is top notch. The amount of delicious food was more than I could eat on a daily basis and well worth the price. I highly recommend staying here and be treated well by the great staff. I will stay here the next time I am in Entebbe with out a doubt.
Thank you so much for everything. Fantastic, friendly and nice. Beautiful job all around.
John

Room Tip: The water provided in the room pitcher is clean and from bottled water. The food is top notch and th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very nice guest house. They made us feel right at home. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and tidy and we slept very well. The food is excellent and matched by great service. Felt very much at home and safe.

Room Tip: The two newer rooms have their own balcony however the balcony for the other rooms is excellent for...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JefeJardinero
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Karibu Guest House in Entebbe is a nice, cozy and pleasant place to stay. We spend two nights there before taking our flights out of the country. Rooms are exceptional: nice, clean, new and comfortable.
Beds are great, nice mosquito nets there too. Showers are beautiful, made in stone and water is always there and hot.

The gardens are pleasant and well kept. they could however place some additional tables there

The staffs are generally nice and very friendly.
This place has a two dogs (we actually only met one - called Bella), generally friendly (never heard it even bark!). But if you don't like dogs or are allergic then this might not be ideal for you.

Dining area is under the verandah of the main house, and in evening is candle light. Nice and cozy environment for couples.

Meals:
Breakfast, good, nothing exceptional but with some varieties. You are given several choices and is a good mix of all.

Dinner, they can certainly do much better here. The first night we were there and had dinner it was evident that all was microwaved. Since they have a fixed Menu on a 3 course meal, and the guest house is relatively small, and waiters always ask in the morning if you are in or not for dinner, I would've expected to have better dinner meals. certainly not microwaved. this has been a minus to the place, and not worth the additional 25USD for the meal. Second night was a bit better, but still that microwave touch!

Never had the opportunity to have lunch there, but I guess I didn't miss much!

They do offer a free service to the airport in case you need. Also taxis can be called at the reception... watch out for their prices, but usually the receptionist informs you before hand.
Generally speaking Karibu is a good place to relax, even though there isn't much to do. We spent most of our time at the Lake Victoria swimming pool (really nice!).

I will go again to Karibu, I liked the environment, but this time I will avoid the meals.

Was there in August 2013, with family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ayo78
Leslie P, Owner at Karibu Entebbe, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you ayo78 for your great review of our rooms and grounds, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Entebbe! I am a little confused about your views of our dinner menu, which to be honest are bit of a contrast to most other reviews on this website and our reputation in general.

Like you I am also from the Mediterranean, and as you know our culture is based around food so we take this quite seriously. The reason that we ask early in the day if you will be having dinner with us is so we can prepare our food with time and care as opposed to a quick order from a menu. I can guarantee you that your dinner was not “microwaved” as there is never a situation in our kitchen during normal serving hours that requires this.

I’m sorry to hear you considered the food to have a microwave taste. I have had a meeting with my chefs to try and understand how that could possibly have happened on the two nights you dined with us, yet we are still at a bit of a loss for explanation. Considering that you also own a restaurant here in Uganda, I do kindly request you to email us with your professional opinion and feedback on our food.

Kind Regards,

Leslie

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed one night here for a little break away from Kampala. The property is beautiful with lovely grounds and a great view from the upstairs rooms. Each staff member was polite, friendly and very helpful/welcoming.

Our room was perfect, tastefully decorated, great bathroom, clean and comfortable. The room was sprayed in the evening and the mozzie net put in place and we didn't get bitten once the whole stay.

Food, well....incredible. Home cooked meals, very tasty and incredible value for money. We had the five course meal in the evening and the included breakfast the next morning. Very impressive.

While in entebbe we took a trip to the chimp sanctuary which the staff helped us organise.

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple