“Lovely guesthouse, clean and friendly”
Review of Karibu Entebbe

Karibu Entebbe
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here the night before I flew out of Entebbe airport. I found it to be a little expensive but unfortunately a lot of accommodation in Entebbe and Kampala is pricey. The guesthouse is a 15 minute walk down to the main town and botanical gardens. Our room (cafe) was large, lovely and clean....as was the bathroom. The food was absolutely awesome (we had the 3 course dinner), the best we had during our time in Uganda. We also had a free airport drop off provided for us very early in the morning. The staff were friendly and helpful, I would stay again when funds allow!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would definitely stay at Karibu Guest House again. I'd never been able to find a good spot in Entebbe for early departures or late arrivals, but this will now be our go-to place. The house is clean and comfortable and bright. Dinner and breakfast were great, which was nice because there's not much else within walking distance. The staff were very mindful of our travel plans and helpful with airport/Kampala transfers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Margaret V
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Karibu Guest House is our new favorite place to stay in Entebbe. We fly through Entebbe several times each year arriving late at night. This family run establishment is excellent! Their airport pickup was timely and the van very comfortable and safe.

The Karibu Guest House itself was exceptionally clean and quiet. Our king sized bed was very comfortable and their mosquito net not only did an excellent job, but it was also easy to get in and out of. The grounds of the guest house are beautifully kept and the surroundings are peaceful. We spent two nights and a full day there before going onward. Their rooftop patio was clean and a very enjoyable place to rest. The staff was also attentive with drinks. We had ordered lunch and supper ahead of time and this was a most pleasant surprise. Their (included in the room) breakfast was excellent, and the other meals were excellent and beautifully served. You will not be disappointed in their food or their staff!

We are very glad to have found the Karibu Guest House and will be sure to stay there on future journeys through Entebbe. Ben and Sue

Room Tip: We stayed in a second floor corner room called "Avacado". It had a great view of Lake Vic...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SueBaird1040
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Kharibu guest house is definitely the very best in Uganda. The hosts and staff go out of their way to assist in every possible way. Each individual unit is decorated to the highest possible standard They are spacious and have many well thought out touches to make your stay relaxed and comfortable. The meals were excellent and home cooked served always by cheerful willing to oblige staff. We wish Karibu every success - they deserve it

Margaret and Roger G..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MargaretG281
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was an easy decision to make to stay here. The owner came out and welcomed us, the atmosphere was friendly and it was great to see that all the reviews on here rang true. The food was delicious and the bedroom had a lovely view. It was a great way to end my Uganda trip and the proximity to the airport ensured I was on time for my flight. I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jimmyray38
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Best guesthouse in Entebbe!! Very clean, friendly, new, great breakfast, perfect! I am only sorry, that I did not have the time to have lunch or diner there.The room is big, the mosquito net around the bed gives you enough space.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Claudia W
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Its been exactly a month since I check out of Karibu Guest House. I first learned about the guest house from this website last October (2012) and I felt during my month-long visit to Uganda we would spend our first two weeks in Entebbe there...well it turned out to be the best decisions I've made recently. My wife and I were visiting Uganda to attend my parent's (who live in Entebbe) 50th Wedding Anniversary celebrations and visit family. We chose to stay at Karibu to get some rest and have a vacation to ourselves. We couldn't have picked a better place. From the moment we were picked up at the Airport by Patrick on February 1, to the day I checked out on the fourteenth we enjoyed an awesome stay. Meeting and getting to know Leslie and Kevin were among the highlights of our entire trip to Uganda. We stayed in 'Avocado' , which in addition to being an excellent room boasts among the most spectacular sunset views in Entebbe. Throughout our stay our hosts and their staff went out of their way to keep us entirely relaxed and especially well-fed. I really appreciate all the kindness and attention we received during our stay. Our conversations with Leslie and Kevin about the different cultural approaches between cultures left my wife and I laughing for days...it was really was special. In addition we cannot thank the entire staff, including the three great dogs for making this special trip all the more enjoyable... I look forward to visiting again soon when in Entebbe.

Room Tip: Any of the seven rooms is excellent!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple