“Well worthy of support”

Uganda Reptile Village
Ranked #3 of 30 things to do in Entebbe
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The reptile village is a few miles along a rough road from the main Kampala-Entebbe road. The guide was great, very passionate and knowledgeable, and there was a nice (though limited) selection of reptiles including snakes, crocs, and chameleons in a walk-in enclosure. The facilities were limited but this is a community-based project aiming to raise awareness of reptiles and support their conservation. Felt like we were supporting a really worthwhile grassroots effort despite the rough edges, and we had a very good visit.

1  Thank EJGulland
There are newer reviews for Uganda Reptile Village

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Candidly, before we went I did not expect much but i was very happily surprised. We were the only people at the reptile village that morning so we really had the place to ourselves. The people who worked at the attraction were fantastic and more than happy to show us around. We had a close up look at every snake and in many of the huts, the person showing us around pretty much went into the hut and move the snakes so we could get better views. Remember, these were cobras, vipers and some of the most dangerous snakes in Africa. It was pretty awesome.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Few weeks ago, we went with few friends to the Uganda Reptile Village. I must say that my expectations were pretty low, and that I have no clue of which type of enclosure would be appropriate for each animal. This being said, however… I loved it!! Our guide was a very informative and enthusiastic young woman, who gladly answered all our questions and was eager to share her knowledge and passion for the reptiles. The visit didn’t take very long (probably one hour, or a bit longer), but I was very impressed by the variety and level of activity of all reptiles. I would highly recommend it, especially to all those people who, after several months in Kampala, wonder what’s left to do… well, go visit and support this center. It will be a nice surprise!

1  Thank DanielaGr2014
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Although I enjoyed seeing the variety of reptiles, I must admit I'm not sure about the generally small enclosures they are kept in and was left wondering about the welfare of the reptiles.
That said, the organisation itself is well worth supporting, seeing as they seem to be the only NGO championing Uganda's reptiles through environmental education and rescue efforts.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The drive (with a cab) from Entebbe road to the centre is already an happening. When the asphalt is left, the street turns into tarmac and finds a ways through some backyards of Entebbe.
This is a good initiative to help the animals and to show the locals that these reptiles can be a source of income via tourism.
In an hour the guide will show you the various types of snakes, and other species.
It is not a fancy parc, but you can come close to the animals.