“Good place but expensive”

Imperial Golf View Hotel
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been in Golf View Hotel in Entebbe first in 2009 and last in 2012 and noticed that the same room I got the first time tripled the price in 2012. 140 $ a night insted of 50 $ I paid the first time as I stayed for 10 days.. The place is very quite and clean. Around 6 kilometers from Entebbe international airport and not far from the main road. Staff were very helpful in everything. The food was O.K.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John K
There are newer reviews for Imperial Golf View Hotel

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed in Nov 2013 on a workshop. Whilst the place is beautiful and the rooms are clean, their customer service was appalling and I was not impressed. First, a visitor who came to pick their stuff from my hotel could not be allowed in since they were not a guest. That was at 10am! Second, the Internet voucher system worked but with disappointments. They charged for them but if you got the free ones you would need to keep them in your pocket since connection was not consistent and they made sure your laptop or phone does not remember your password. Finally though my workplace had committed paying for 7nights, I needed a one night break to sleep in Kampala and use my last night sleep to easily go to the airport. The accountant was adamantly inflexible and I ended up paying for the 6 nights and they lost $140. He did not seem to bother and reflected the bureaucracy of the place. I would not go back there except if my company forces me to.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed January 31, 2013

this hotel has enough space for even big parties like receptions etc
we had great fun with my family since we had enough space for eating and the kids were able to play their small games after eating that is chasing one another, it was really interesting.
it is near to the zoo, you do not need to ride because you easily just walk

Room Tip: higher floors gives you a nice view through the window
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve633
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed there for a three-day workshop. People, as usual in Uganda, are kind, particularly in this hotel they were even more friendly. However, be aware of choosing a room at the front. The rooms at the back, despite their nice view of the lake, you can hardly sleep because of the loud music they play in the bar at the back of the hotel (Tramp).
For a business trip people need a good Internet connexion, however those days the Internet were slowly and worked on and off.
Food from the buffet is most of the times local and the same everyday. They do not have a health club but instead they provide you a coupon to use the gym and the pool of the Imperial Botanical Garden Hotel.
It's locations allows you to walk or go for jogging all around Entebbe. In a walking distance you can find the Botanical Garden wich is worth to visit.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are quieter but a bit smaller. There is a bar at the back that plays music all th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Golf view only 5 mins walk to the zoo, wifi available for an extra cost good breakfast and a friendly staff. This hotel has no swimmingpool but you are offered to use a pool nearby. Transport to the airport cost an extra 30 usd.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Oddgeir
Reviewed May 18, 2012

we were on this holiday with friends who were born in Uganda but had been exiled back in the 70's, we stayed in Entebbe for one night and we decided on this hotel...there were very many hotels and guesthouses but this one felt spacious, open and welcoming....prices were a bit steep $150 per night compared to the facilities available, well no onsite pool and i could see a gym or spa, for the wife, we have stayed in many hotels for around the same price but with far more exclusivity and facilities onsite, saying this we slept well and the place was tidy and clean, there was plenty of hot water and we were strategically located near all other amenities....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I only stayed in one 'proper' Hotel during my two weeks in Uganda (rest of time in Backpackers or Guest Houses) & as such can't really compare it with other large Hotels in the country. My rating is based on comparisons to other large Hotels I have stayed in during visits to other countries. We arrived really late at night (after 11.00pm). Check-in didn't take too long, although our Receptionist lacked any social skills & I had to ask for clarification on a few occasions. Fortunately our Porter was lovely & helpful, putting on our air con & showing us around the room. The room itself was huge with one large double bed & a single (I was staying there with my 2 daughters). It was clean & tidy and the decor was fine. The air con worked well which was a bonus. The bathroom was OK, although one of the taps on the sink didn't work. The shower was quite good, warm & relatively powerful.

Checking out the next morning took a lot longer as we had booked via Expedia & the Hotel wouldn't hold the rate Expedia had confirmed. Part of my payment had gone to the reservation centre at Internationalvacation.com & the balance was to be paid to the Hotel, but I ended up paying approx £25 more than I expected which I still need to follow up with Expedia as the Hotel wouldn't budge on it despite my printed confirmation!

In the daylight the Hotel looked really nice & the lobby was very tastefully decorated. It is only a 10 minute walk to one of the main roads to get a taxi if you don't pre book one, so the location appears to be pretty good too. Perhaps I should have rated it 3.5!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family