“Very Good”
Review of Sunset Entebbe

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Entebbe
Sunset Entebbe
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed for two nights last month and thought this place was quite good.

It felt secure, the restaurant was good and the rooms, although small, clean and comfortable.

I had an early morning flight but they still supplied hot tea and coffee which I thought was quite a nice touch.

10 minute walk from Entebbe - take a torch if you plan to stay out late!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Sunset Entebbe

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I spend 10 days in Sunset with my wife.Great place,quiet with excellent service.All management and all stuff members are very friendly I we felt like family members.The rooms were very clean and bathrooms as well.We will back again.I would strongly recommend.Thank you Sunset.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salk0
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have visited this hotel a couple of times and whenever I have been there I find the same serenity, cleanliness and warmth that these people share. Every time i was a sole traveler and booked it in advance as usually it is full. The rooms were very clean with crisp white bed sheets and clean bathrooms. At one instance i noticed few ants in my room which I informed the reception for which they took corrective action and were really apologetic for the same. The breakfast is also good with a fruit salad, choice of muesli, eggs, breads and ham and bacon. The full aura of the place is so refreshing. If you have some time for yourself do visit the botanical garden and the Entebbe Zoo. Both the places are worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Beautiful grounds, full breakfast, clean large rooms, and extremely friendly staff. The food is good, and the prices were right in line with similar motels in the area. It's an easy walk to the Botanical Gardens and Wildlife Education Center. After I checked out, they let me store my bags all day and even take a shower in the spare bathroom, so I had a comfortable wait for my late night flight. Coming from Kampala, Sunset was a quiet sanity break!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2013

They promptly picked me up at the airport as arranged and shortly I was at the motel. They were all very friendly and helpful throughout. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good the next morning. Rate was very good. I would recommend.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is very clean and well kept and has a lovely, quiet ambiance. The location is ok. The food offered on the menu was basic Ugandan fare that can be found in any hotel. The breakfast was really terrific. Unlike other reviews, I did not find the staff friendly. (but they were not unfriendly) just pretty much ignored everyone. The single room had two tiny beds in it and not enough room to swing a cat. I could barely make do so no idea how two people could fit in with luggage. The mattress was old and sagged and was very uncomfortable. There was a fan, net, hot water, a generator for the power outages and a shared porch space for each room, but the same as would be found in any other hotel. I would look for a cheaper place with a larger room. There is nothing special at this hotel to warrant the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Susan N, Manager at Sunset Entebbe, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your kind and detailed comments!

We appreciate all the things you liked and are very sorry that you were not as satisfied with our staff. We work hard to train our staff and many of our customers do comment on them as being friendly and helpful but your review will help us train them even harder.

We are also very sorry that you found the room a bit small. We have different sizes of rooms and are right now in a process of enlarging and refurbishing the smaller ones.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again.

Best regards,
Susan
Sunset Management

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at Sunset twice now - for a short visit and a longer visit of more than two weeks. The staff were very helpful and friendly. On the last day of my first (and longer) visit they even left fresh flowers in my room on my last day. The food is satisfactory but the main attractions are the attractive property, the quiet and clean rooms, and the great prices. Walking distance to the center of town, the pool at the Lake Vic hotel, shopping in Kitoro, and several restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo