“Basic but Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Central Inn

Central Inn
Ranked #14 of 32 Specialty Lodging in Entebbe
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Basic but Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed one night in the Central Inn after arriving in Entebbe. It is a short drive from the airport and has basic, but clean and spacious rooms, and friendly staff. It seems to be predominately used by business people. We ate supper and breakfast (included) there and thought the food and service were fine. They also rent bicycles and it is a short (10-15 min) ride to the zoo and botanical gardens. I'd have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Saudi2Africa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

What really stands out for me is the people who work at the hotel and how friendly and helpful they are.
I originally stayed here during a week-long workshop for a group of about 25 people, and came back three more times during April between visits elsewhere, once for just a day between planes, and I was always happy to arrive at the Central Inn. They always found a room for me, often on very short notice, and after my first visit, the staff welcomed me by name, so I really felt at home when I came here.
I often worked in the garden, which attracts an amazing variety of birds (you can take your laptop out there and check your email while drinking morning coffee). Once, when I was busy preparing for a workshop, the staff happily brought my dinner into the meeting room for me so I could finish my work.
They pick you up and take you to the airport. During my first stay, my luggage didn't arrive with me, and the staff went and checked for me at the airport the next day and then took me to the airport the following day, when my suitcase did arrive, and helped me work through the process of getting it. They also took me into Entebbe when I had to go to Western Union to pick up money. Often I would go downstairs to the restaurant, order myr food, and they called me when it was ready.
The prices are very reasonable, the rooms are clean and bright, the laundry service is same day, and and the hotel is very close to Entebbe airport. I will stay there when I go to Uganda again - I felt very welcome.
This is also a great place to hold a workshop. It has one large meeting room and two smaller ones, and the chef puts on spectacular meals for large groups. The staff are very accommodating if you want to change the room layout.
Apart from being great value for money, this is a friendly place where I felt at home.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Outsider222
Bujumbura, Burundi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

not hell but bugs, no water and had to fight to get bottled water to brush teeth, unhelpful/unfriendly staff for the majority, credit card machine broken and staff unwilling to contribute in constructive solution so that we wouldn't miss our flight in that situation...food passable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Entebbe hotels

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

I arrived late, and left early the next morning; glad to stay somewhere so close to the airport, glad to have free internet. Room was a bit noisy because there was a large group of college students staying there. Breakfast was pretty minimal. It was adequate for a quick sleep but I'd choose somwhere nicer if I was staying any longer than that..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Bozotraveller
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

I used Central Inn for a conference and found that they provided excellent service at a very affordable price. The rooms, while not luxurious, were extremely clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. Restaurant food was very good - although speed of service would not win Olympic medals. The hotel is also within easy reach of the facilities (swimming pool etc) of the Lake Victoria hotel which can be used quite cheaply by non-residents.

I recommend Central Inn strongly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DIFG
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

Ideally located for the airport, Uganda is very expensive and finding a reasonable Hotel in the $50 bracket is hard, Looks ok on the website.
Rooms are clean, the recet=ption staff are very unfreindly and have the attitude that you are in there way the other serving cleaning staff are helpfull.
Not good value when you compare to the rest of the world but OK ish as a stop over when entering and leaving uganda. Watch out for the late checking out fees if you have a late flight $35. Food is edible "just" more like a burger style cuisine edible and will keep you alive for a bit.
Beds a bit on the Hard (soild) side.
Can be very noisy at weekends.
Above all don't stay here with high expectations and you should be OK

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Keithcarol
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed in various accommodation throughout Uganda, and spent our last night here before flying home. The Central Inn, was adquate for $50 for the night. However, the staff just did not seem interested, and were not helpful or friendly. We met some lovely people during our visit; staff at other accommodation, guides, our driver, and had a memorable visit to Uganda, but unfortunately the Central Inn, left a lot to be desired. They also charge varying rates on exchange for the room and for food and drink.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple