“Stayed there 5 nights”

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
Juba
“Stayed there 5 nights”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Really friendly and helpful service. Got my pickup from the Airport and back there also. Short trip from the Airport. Breakfast was ok. Room was clean, eventhough the tv showed only two channels. Wi-Fi was out two days, but it was not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Saint Georges, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed there for 4 days on a short trip to Entebbe. The staff at the hotel were friendly. I had some problems in my bedroom that got fixed in a short time.
The breakfast was included, always with a plate of fresh fruits.
I had a meal there one night (veggie curry). When I ordered, they told me it would take about 1 hour, because everything is made fresh from scratch. I had a shower and a Nile Special while I was wainting for the dish. It came out pretty good!
Shuttle to and from rhe airport and around town was free of charge.
Overall good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Meredith, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Flights into Uganda from Europe tend to arrive quite late in the evening.

When traveling to Uganda for the first time or with plans to travel Jinja, Kampala or out on safari, it's nice to be be picked up, transported securely and welcomed to a place with reliable amenities, armed guards and a reputation that leads aid workers, NGO staff and the UN to stay there again and again.

Whenever I travel to Uganda, I make arrangements in advance to stay at the Executive Hotel the evening I arrive and the evening before departure. I can count on the friendly staff to make sure my room is ready, regardless of the late hour of arrival and to guarantee I'll be picked up AT the airport, immediately outside of baggage and customs.

These seem like small things, but anyone who has taken the long journey from the U.S. to Uganda knows: you arrive ready to collapse into bed and it's nice to know that you will be transported to that bed as rapidly as possible and that your room will include air conditioning - already on - and a bottle of water so that you can go straight to sleep.

The Ugandan staff is unfailingly polite, kind and there is very little turnover.

Room Tip: Uganda has a laid back culture. Come prepared for a slower, more "island time" approach. A...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RuRuRoams
Malibu, California, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have traveled to Uganda three times in the past year and every time I stay at the Executive Airport Hotel when I am in the Entebbe and Kampala area. What I like most is the courteous staff and the western amenities like the showers and plugs. The spanish omelets are great to wake up to and the outside bar is perfect for nightly meetings and for relaxing. The hotel is very close to the airport so you can be close and not have to worry about the traffic. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. I do recommend the EAH to all my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David Z
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everyone from the driver of the shuttle from the airport (who patiently waited for me...the last through the visa line) to the check-in staff was incredibly kind and helpful (and cheerful!). They answered my many questions, and couldn't do enough to help me. I'm a pretty seasoned traveller, so I will admit that this hotel is a bit basic, but the smiles more than make up for the basic amenities. It's clean, very near the airport, and in a good neighborhood (ok to walk around in the morning for a little leg stretching exercise). A super bargain for $65!!!

Room Tip: Great place for an overnight stay if you have a late arrival or early departure out of Entebbe!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed there one night to catch an early flight next day. The room was clean which is probably the only merit I can think of. The shower water was cold in our room and I asked the staff to check it out. Waited for over one hour after she claimed things were fixed, the water still stayed cold. Had to take a shower in another room.

The bed was in a bad condition as well. Every move I made, the bed would be shaking and making noises. Even worse, the hotel was right next to a night bar that people were signing and playing heavy music till midnight.

I would suggest stay away from this hotel, especially when you need to catch an early flight, because you would more likely have no sleep at all at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

EAH is worth every dime. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are *clean*, spacious, cool, and well-furnished (as a grad student, I've stayed in a lot of B&Bs and budget hotels in East Africa, and I've not seen one as nice as this for the price). The hotel is located in the heart of the market district, but it's tucked back far enough that you can't hear any noise from the street - I slept really well and enjoyed the break from Kampala's relentless soundscape. Breakfast is lovely, and I also appreciated the fact that I could get big salads with lots of fresh, locally-grown vegetables with my lunch/dinner. Coming from bucket-bathing fieldwork, I most especially looked forward to long hot showers. Free parking, guards at the entrance at night, a nice garden, free lift to the airport, and close proximity to markets/lake/resorts/golf-course/airport make this an ideal choice if you'd like something nice, comfortable, and affordable. From my experience, you honestly cannot beat this deal.

My one small complaint is that the laundry service is overpriced ($4 for laundering a dress, $2 for a shirt, etc.). But it's not bad by American standards, and ironing is included. And, since I would've thought my room would be more expensive given it's amenities (coffee pot in your room = East Africa miracle!!), I'm not too bothered.

PLEASE NOTE: Electricity is just going to be an issue, no matter where you are staying (unless it's a super ritzy place). It is not the hotel's fault. EAH has a generator, and it runs well. But keeping a generator going with fuel and maintenance is difficult - having once lived in EA with a generator for an entire year, I know what I'm talking about. I'm disappointed with the reviews that specify their frustrations with this "African-run" business. As if whites could make the electricity work better, or the generator run consistently? Power outage/generator malfunction is not a sign of incompetence, miserliness, or dishonesty on the part of the hotel owner or staff - it is a systemic issue that hurts ALL local businesses here. If you can't handle it, please shell out the 200-300 USD per night at one of the lake-front resorts (and plan on not staying long, because you won't be happy).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business