“I will stay there if i go to Van again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Akdamar Hotel

Akdamar Hotel
Akdamar Hotel
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Van
iran
“I will stay there if i go to Van again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I liked the hotel.The staff were friendly and really helpful. First of all we arrived there at 7 in the morning and were given the rooms although it said in our voucher that the rooms will be given to you at 2 pm. That helped us alot because we were really tired.After checking out they kindly kept in our baggage until 2pm since we were going on an exam and couldnt take our bags with us. I was not satisfied with my room at first because there was bad smell and a constant noise coming from a devise which was installed under the window(outside)(the single room close to the fire escape on the third floor) but they changed my room and I was given a double room although I had reserved a single one. The rooms were really clean and comfortable.
The location of the hotel was a great one. It was right at the center of the city convenient for all the good shops and easy to get transferred to other parts of the city from that location.
The only problem I had was a noise coming from somewhere near the hotel I guess there was a night club or something nearby.Although it was not too loud but If I hadn't taken my super sonyerricson earphones I wouldn't have been able to sleep. :D I also encountered some slight problems with the shower due to low flow of water. But on the whole I liked the hotel and its staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank nikoohadi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Arrived here after an exhausting journey to discover there was no water running in the hotel due to a "technical" problem. I was told it would be fixed within one hour. It wasn't and after I had been out for meal locally, a party then started up on one of the lower floors which reverberated throughout the whole hotel, going on until 1;30 am. Sleep was impossible. The water did not come on until 5 am the next morning. Other places nearby were not short of water as they were watering the streets and I don't think the "technical" problem was genuine. Any hotel which cares so little for its paying guests deserves to go bust. I should have sought a refund. Don't go there !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
8 Thank Avaser

Travelers are raving about these Van hotels

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

2 days before our flight to Van, we made reservation for 2 rooms since there is no available room at 4* hotels. I was expecting to have problems after I have read the comments at trip advisor. However, Akdamar Otel has provided me and my friends a comfortable and clean rooms which has exceeded our expectations a lot. Also the location is great, on the main road and very close to everywhere by walk.

I strongly recommend you to stay in Akdamar if you are not looking for luxury. It gives you the right amount of comfort. They have some problems with the reservation system (to be honest they have no reservation system, there is a notebook only). Be sure that you have talked and ensured your reservation with a lady on the phone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank ozguntozacan
Sussex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

If you're loking for luxury - this ain't the place to stay. The town itself is rather characterless and the hotel is the same. Nice view over a car park! and a shower that was leathal - I had the bruises for a few weeks to prove it. Staff weren't the friendliest either.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — lots
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank worldtravellersussex
Redondo Beach, Ca.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2007

Tough hotel in a dusty, dirty town - come ready, but don't stay long unless your deal is too good to pass up, remembering that if it is too good to be true, it is.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — staying
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank transformedia