“I suppose is liveable for a week...”
Review of Banana Apart

Banana Apart
Ranked #62 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“I suppose is liveable for a week...”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week with my friend, we wouldnt stay again.. rooms were not clean, our feet got black on the soles walking from the bathroom to the bedroom, we had only 1 towel for half the week, walls are wonky, bathroom wasnt cleaned once, blacony door didnt shut which wasnt a problem because we were top floor, whilst looking for something we checked behind the bed and found a condom thankfully unused! Manager harry was pervy and brought us up free drinks which we poured down the sink as we had seen him pour them! The next day we found out he could be spiking girls drinks with a form of vigarga which would explain him coming to collect the glasses in the morning, only ate there once and had a sandwich which to 45 minutes to arrive, so not again, drinks are reasonable prices and the boys who work there are lovely! Especially chuck! :) we also had frying pan and every thing to cook with but no hob. weird for self catering, bedding wasnt changed once and woke up one morning to find maids in our room wispering.. apart from all that rooms are big, balcony is huge! Pool area is nice but has lots of chlorine! Met some nice people, and had some good fun with everyone at the bar! Enjoyed my holiday and turkey thoroughly but wouldnt go back to these apartments!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Lauren H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Staying at the Banana Apart was an experience! The staff were really friendly, Harri the barman always helped me out if there was a situation and he helped introduce me to other guests as I was on my own. Food was average, nothing special but for what we paid was fine. I had a one bedroom apartment to myself which was great, it was massive and clean. Only problem I had was I didn't get clean sheets/towels, but when I asked it was done within minutes.

My friends would give a different review as 3 of them were put in the top floor terraced apartment that was always too hot and the ceilings were very low and always banging our heads. The shower didn't work in their room and flooded numerous times.

The pool atmosphere was good, the staff always let us chose the music and kept us entertained with conversations and making sure we all had a good time. We got to throw a pool party, always giving us free drinks for doing crazy things and having water fights. I got thrown in the pool more times than I found necessary. We were never asked to pay for food immediately and generally felt relaxed being there.

With these apartments you get what you pay for!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank kimberleyjane89
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have just arrived home after two weeks at the Banan apartments in Marmaris. This is the second time I have stayed at these apartments and I wouldn't book anywhere else for future visits to Marmaris. The rooms have recently been spruced up, theyr'e spacious and well maintained. Spotlessly clean, fab air con in the bedroom. All the equipment needed for self catering.Clean bedding and towels almost every day.The pool area is clean and has full sun all day although we prefer the bveach which is less than 10 mins walk from the apartments.Harry is the manager and very helpful and speaks good english, David and Chuck take the cases to your room and bring them down for you.I will be returning to these apartments next year and the year after, the year after.........

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building at the back or side away from the pool and bar. If you can ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bonniethebadger
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

staying at the banana appartments is something to give a miss . probably due to the barman Harri. he was the rudest person i have ever met in marmaris,no wonder the bar and pool area were always empty, i asked for a low floor as i am waiting for a knee op, but was told excersise was good !!!!and was given a room on the 3rd floor , always check the price of drinks as he will try to rip you off, dont ask for toast , they cant do it, the grill was broke.ordering cheese on toast was given cheese on slightly warm bread,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have just returned from the Banana Aps in Marmaris and glad to have arrived home in one piece. The electrics are unbelievable not even connected just stuck together with tape and hung off the walls. The cleanliness is also for the faint hearted. I had 4 towels in 14 nights and my bed was changed just once. There was no entertainment so if you want a layback holiday dont got here as you will have a 30 min walk into the centre of Marmaris or a 20 Lira taxi ride. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone,families,young couples and definietely not the older people like myself who was the oldest there at the time and was put on the top floor with no lift. Once I got down that was it for the day.

Room Tip: All rooms are same with air conditioning that usually dosent work anyway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We came to marmaris in August 2012 and chose to stay at this hotel after hearing reviews from family, we knew it wouldn't be 5* luxury and after all we'd only be sleeping there, but when we arrived in our transfer first impressions were okay it looked standard but okay, we were greeted by antiono in reception and he checked us in, I found him quite rude and couldn't really be bothered we'd had a delay coming over an we were tired we arrived in the early hours, the hotel was quiet and we were shown to our room out patio doors opened on to overgrown bushes which were taking over the balconys and we had the view on a filthy wall, the room look cleanish but very dated, we had a plug on hob which had 2 hobs on and one was broken and the wire was split and had electric tape round it, the beds were two singles so we had to push them together to create a double, we had plenty
Of storage to in pack a table and chairs in the lounge and plenty of kitchen accessories, the following morning we approached Antonio and said we'd like another room and he informed us new guests get to "crap" rooms and returning guests will get the "better" rooms, we were shocked by his answer so we went to the manager Tim who told us no rooms were available so we were forced to stay in that room, we continued with our holiday we went in the pool which had a lot and I mean alot or chlorine in it so much that your eyes were stinging and found it hard to breath when another visited told the manager they just laughed, they chef Erol was lovely food was okay but not the best and the bar area and tables were covered in ants so we chose not to eat here then we were treated badly because we didn't eat inthe hotel most of this animosity came from Antonio who came across as a wannabe ladies man always trying it on with the ladies and making them feel uncomfortable, Turkish night was a good laugh though, the cleaners were lovely, we had no rep at this hotel so could not take our issues up with anyone until home as staff didn't care they had safes but it was a block on reception which didn't look very safe and didn't give you piece of mind that your valuables would be safe, the hotel is located on a side street with about a 5 min walk to beach and a 2 min walk to get on the main road with all shops, bars and restaurants on, don't do local trips through the hotel we found they were alot more expensive we went to a trip organiser called olly down by the docks on the way to the indoor market is stay well clear of this hotel if you'd like a stress free holiday I'm not being fussy just all staff apart from the chef Erol had a attitude problem and generally didn't care!
Also we were charge nearly £100 for air con and a safe when we arrived defiantly won't be returning!

• Stayed August 2012
Crook, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Me, my mam and some friends got back from Turkey in September its the second time we have stayed at Banana and it is fantastic. When we arrived we got a lovely welcome. The lads who work there always helped us when we needed help and made us feel welcome all the time without fail. Antonio is amazing he always made us laugh and joked on with us everyday. Food wasn't bad the English breakfast there is lovely. We always had a great laugh with the lads (Antonio, Tim, Chuck) we will be staying again next year and can not wait! :D overall an amazing holiday the lads are awesome and very caring. Basic but clean. We love you Antonio!! :D

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MichelleandSteph
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Family Apartments
#63 of 234 in Marmaris
Aegean Princess
Aegean Princess
#31 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Banana Apart? Share your experiences!