“Awesome time!”
Review of Hermes Hotel

Hermes Hotel
Ranked #47 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed August 20, 2014

1st of all i would like to thank all the staff they really did keep everyone entertained and mass respect to Ali G, Mehmet, Eagle, Martin, Ozzy, Mahmood, Berhan, Piko, Jamie, junior and danny (sorry if ive forgot anyone) you all deserve a round of applause lol. Stayed here with my wife as a young couple and met loads of great people at the hotel, cant wait to go back next year! In my opinion i thought the hotel was great. The pool was pretty big, food was nice, drinks were reasonable and there was constant entertainment each night. The hotel is located in Armutalan which is kinda the 1st stop when coming to Marmaris from the airport road down the hill, its not the center of Marmaris but the bus stop is round the corner and its only 2tl to get to the town centre about 10 - 15 mins away (last stop is at the fountains) or you could just get a taxi which would roughly be around 20tl There are lots of shops, supermarkets & restaurants nearby so the centre of Marmaris would mainly be for if you wanted to go to the beach, clubbing or explore the place & maybe do some shopping in the indoor market. We also found that the best exchange shops are also in the town center just near the entrance of the indoor market they gave a good rate & didnt take any commission so only exchange about £100 back home then just exchange the rest when you are in Marmaris. Like most hotels in Marmaris the hot water is charged by solar panels and is only on at certain times, we found the best time for a hot/warm shower was roughly between 07:00pm and 08:00pm yeah the rooms may be slightly dated but nobody wants to go on holiday to spend their time in the room, the air con was great so thats all we were really fussed about. the pool area however looks quite new and there is an indoor area with pool tables, a games machine ps3/xbox (about 50games) and an afew internet p`s (for the games machine & pc you need to pay 1 or 2 lira) The hotel also has a barber and tattoo place inside which was quite handy. All in all we found this hotel to be a blast and we were happy to have stayed here, the staff and group of friends we had met here were all brilliant!
we wish you all the best and hope to see use again soon

Room Tip: all the rooms were the same really but if you wanted a bigger balcony request one of the top floor c...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wazy87

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I like this hotel it is quite and the must important thing for me is the cleansing for bed and bathroom I recommended this hotel oh the price is very good just 70 T.L.
The stuff are very kindddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My family (ages 40, 34, 15, 11 & 8) spent our second holiday here, we arrived early hours of 26th July for 12 night- we had the best time and cannot wait to go back!
Yes we had a problem with our rooms on arrival, but Mehmet put this right straight away.
The food here is outstanding, as are the drinks (if not a little on the strong side!)
The service is amazing, the staff really cannot do enough for you.
Our room was always clean with fresh towels and bedding.
I have to say I witnessed some very disrespectful guests, in the twelve nights we were there. You are staying in Turkey, why can't people be respectful of their culture?
I can't understand why there is so many negative reviews, I certainly wouldn't choose to come here a second time if half of these things were true!
A massive thank you to Mermet, Fiko, Ronaldo, Junior, Ali G, Eagle & Martin (sorry if I missed anyone) for making our holiday so enjoyable.
See you next year guys :-)

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was my first time abroad on my own with my two boys, which scared me a little. My youngest has behaviour problems which made me more fearful. I have to say I had the most amazing holiday. The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels, yes the decor was basic but I was not expecting nor paid for the Hilton. The staff were warm and welcoming and couldn't do enough for you. The staff could see I was by myself and made the extra effort to interact with my children which made me more at ease. The food was always lovely, large portion for both adults and children. The night time entertainment was entertaining and fun for all ages. The only criticisms I could give is that the fold out 3rd bed was far to hard and was not suitable to be slept on. Also the breakfast was very basic and my children wouldn't eat any of it. However this would not deter me from returning to this hotel and I have already started pricing up for next year. I do believe this hotel is under rated and deserves a higher rating xoxox

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Torijayoscar
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week at the start of August. The hotel itself is brilliant, rooms are basic but are kept clean and we had no problems, air con was great and we had a lovely pool view! The staff where always very helpful and happy to see you, they kept the place very lively and enjoyable for our stay. We met amazing people and enjoyed the holiday as a group. The only thing that was concerning when we arrived was the distance from the hotel to the centre of marmaris, however the dolmus bus was only 2tl and got us their in only 5 minutes. Their are plenty of shops and restraunts near by if u don't no want to travel into the centre of marmaris.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in july when we arrived it was late receptionist was lovely showed us to our room. Room was small but done its job no tv no fridge but again what do u want for a 2 star hotel breakfast was terrible if u didnt like fresh fruit and cornflakes u knackered. Other food in the hotel was amazing staff were fab and nothing was to much for them maid service was good clean towels everyday all in all a good hotel will def stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Many good things to say about Hermes Hotel it has been one of the most outstanding experiences we have had. The rooms were very clean, service was excellent by most staff especially from the hilarious Mehmet we was always treated very kindly. Every night there was excellent entertainment. This holiday has defiantly been an unforgettable experience we will defiantly be returning again soon

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends