Grand Pasa Hotel
Banana Apart(Marmaris)
  • Restaurant
Lidya Garden(Marmaris)
2,101 results
All reviewspool guysnack barturkish bathpool areaentertainment teamturkeybar streetbar staffnext yearsaladgreat holidaylovely hotelevery nightchicken nuggetstattoo shopwater slidesevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This hotel is spotless , the lobby , bedrooms and pool area are immaculate .However the food is vile , bland ,only nice meal is the breakfast ,my 4 year old took chicken nuggets one teatime it was grey in the middle and covered in grease .So we tended to eat out quite a bit , food in local restaurants was lovely and very reasonable .The staff were in general very pleasant except the hairdressers , they tortured the life out of me . Also as most others have suggested the early bird gets the sunbeds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Kids club was good as were the waterslides for children .O.K hotel but wont be going back

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We just arrived home on the 5th oct after two weeks stay in what Thomas Cook describe as one of there top hotels the grand pasa 5* in turkey which we classed 3* as other guests said the same.The reception staff were not friendly and hard to understand.
Our room 237 especially the bathroom as in cleaning was never touched,the shower screen was filthy I dont think it has been touched since the hotel was built also the top in wash handbasin was the same.
The food was cold most of the time,we always checked dishes and cutlery to make sure they were cleaned right.
The white wine was horrible to drink and the rum/brandy and whiskey was poured from the same bottle.Hotel was overcrowed with guests and badly understaffed. If you want good food and drink dont go A/I in turkey.
Please take my adivce and avoid this over rated hotel

Reviewed October 13, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and would recommend this hotel to everyone I know. There's only one other place in the World that I've ever said that.
The Staff were always attentive, and even though very busy, queuing times were never noticeable.
You must try the Turkish Bath and massage. Cost me £30, and I got a sauna, face mask, steam room, jacuzzi, Turkish Bath and a massage. Qualified people, and I discovered muscles that I didn't know I had.
I have seen other comments about the lack of beds, but there were always beds available. The usual Germans and Glasweigans were out at seven in the morning planting their towels on the sunbeds, but there were still plenty of beds in sunny locations. I can never see the point of placing towels on unused beds for five or six hours, and then sit underneath a parasol for the afternoon. Perhaps a minor criticism of the hotel is that they should enforce their rule about the placing of towels on sunbeds and non-use. It's bodies what keep sunbeds, not towels.
The Ala Carte restaurant needs some attention though. Just a mirror image of the buffet, but with fresh cooking to order. I probably wouldn't bother with an Ala Carte restaurant visit myself now that I have experienced it.
A bus ride to Marmaris is 15 minutes, costing 1.5 Lira, and is the green bus on the main road. Just tell the Driver where you want to go to, and he'll let you off. If you want the second biggest Bazaar in Turkey, then get off at the Ataturk statue in the harbour. If you see something en route that you wish to stop at, just shout "Stop, please", and the Driver will pull over and let you out. There's a bus every five minutes during the day, and right up to the wee early hours there are also plenty.
I felt really secure here, and although there's quite a lot of "come and buy things from me", 99% of the traders will have a laugh and joke with you, and will be genuinely interested in your answers to the stock questions of "where are you from", and then invite you into the shop. Bartering is about honest wholesome fun, obtaining the best deal for the goods that you want.
Anyway, back to the hotel. A truly international hotel, and all tastes got on famously. Great service, and fabulous staff. I recommend this hotel to you, dear reader.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Returned from this hotel last Friday. Had a great time. Started off in a noisy room (ground floor by the road over the generator) asked to be moved and were to a pool view room within 3 days. Excellent considering the hotel was overbooked. Good size rooms, clean towels every day, bedding changed every couple of days. Food choice was excellent. Lovely salad bar. Waiting staff couldn't have been more helpful. Al a Carte restaurant is a must, the food is not the same as the hotel it is all cooked and served fresh. "We never got fresh borek for dinner in the hotel restaurant". We never meet the surly reception staff the moaners said to look out for. We have never seen a hotel pool cleaned so often, everything was scrubbed down every night. Always plenty of sun loungers. If you read that this hotel is not suitable walking for mobility impaired this is not true, but make sure you walk via the Artisan street. We would consider visiting again. Entertainment was poor but the animation team did the best they could. There is plenty of entertainment locally. Diana bar opposite hotel is a must.

2  Thank LynTerry
Reviewed October 7, 2009

stayed for two weeks in the grand pasa.the hotel was spotless, cleaners were working all the time.bar staff and waiters were brilliant nothing was too much trouble, our maid was simply fantastic most mornings we would go down to breakfast and by the time we came back our room was done.
the entertainment is not very good but watch out for the turkish night with folk dancing and for the boys an excellant belly dancer.the team try their best but only have limited funds and we're not really the get up on the stage and join in type so we didn't mind but at least it finished at a decent hour.

1  Thank lilyshropshire