“Arrogant staff”

Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Manchester
“Arrogant staff”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Booked 10 days here in Oct/Nov 2012 although expected to be out visiting friends most of the time (more of a fall back in case my friends were busy). On the whole the hotel was decent. Comfy air conditioned rooms, though was surprised to have to pay for the safe in a 5star hotel. The food was decent but had better in the 4star Fantasia in Icmeler. The restaurant however resembled a school canteen - noisy, poor atmosphere and you were 'herded' into set areas. Not pleasant. Beware the location though is very close to other hotels and on my first night I had a disco in my room - from the hotel opposite... it was so loud that even with ear plugs in it was unbearable - not the Grand Pasa fault though and they did move me the next day. As I was out most of the time I can't comment on the other facilities but I can warn you about the night manager who was arrogant to the point of disbelief... his attitude was appalling... no manners, no customer service... just full of himself... and the hotel let itself down by failing to follow up complaints from hotel residents (I was not the only one) in fact another customer was trying to complain at the same time as me and was also ignored. Would I go there again... answer is NO. There are plenty of options in Marmaris. Is this 5 star? again NO, maybe 3.5 star if such a thing exists. The Customer Relations manager tried to be very helpful (but again no feedback) and one of the reception staff very professional but also determined not to allow a complaint to be made. If you choose this hotel just be aware that if you have a bad experience then it will remain so, nothing will be done to assist you. If things go well, then enjoy yourself. This hotel is on the outskirts of Marmaris and you will need to get the Dolmus into the centre, but other than that it is ok.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor if you like it quiet and ask to face the pool.. hotels nearby can be very noisy...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Evie T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Went here few years ago.outstanding hotel. rooms great,food great and location great.

One thing lets hotel down, its entertainment,not the best but watchable.

Set up in the hills the views are fantastic and all markets and shops in easy walking distance..

Loved it

• Stayed December 2011
6 Thank theo19732000
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went here as a family for the October half term break. The hotel was modern and bright. The cleaning staff seemed to be always working and the place was spotless. Our room was cleaned daily and towels changed.

We had a room on the fifth floor overlooking our pool. It was nice and quiet away from any noise.

The food was plentiful with lots of options. There was an area where the chefs prepared various items fresh. In the morning this was pancakes, omlettes etc. The snack bar was good providing the usual pizzas, burgers etc. The chicken kebab meat was excellent as was the traditional turkish flatbread that was freshly baked. There was also a nice selection of salads. I can honestly say I never went hungry in this hotel!

The pool area was perfect. A very large pool for swimming and a smaller one for the children with the slides. There were always plenty of sunbeds and the pool staff were excellent.

The only downside of the hotel was the entertainment staff. They were abysmal and only interested in smoking and playing their own overly loud music. When they started each afternoon they drove people away from the pool!

Don't let this put you off though, this really is an excellent family friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the hotels pool on a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank AprilRosie
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My fiance and I went here on the 17/10/2012 for a week, The journey from Dalaman airport to the hotel takes about 1.5 hrs. You stop off at a little place that has toilets, a shop, jewellery shop & hot food. The kebabs from here are really good so do try one!! When we got to the hotel we were checked in quickly and shown to our room.

Our room overlooked a couple of other hotels rather than our own but we werent too bothered about that. The rooms are spacious enough. There is a tv, with plenty of channels, hairdryer, telephone & safe in the room. The safe is a TOTAL RIP OFF! We paid for it, about £30 for the week, and they give you a card WHICH YOU DONT EVEN NEED!! There is a switch on the inside of the safe door, if you switch it off and then on again you can set the code. So there is no need for this card they give you when you pay for the safe!!

The hotel is extremely clean, our room was cleaned every day & given fresh towels. The reception & pool area were always spotless. The guys who work at the hotel do not get enough credit. They never stop!!

The hotel entertainment is crap. But isn't it like that everywhere?!

The food is excellent! I have been to a few all inclusive hotels in turkey and i must say this hotel is by far the best for food! Plenty of choice, always something for everyone, buffet options & chefs cooking fresh steak, kebabs, burgers etc. The lunch time buffet at the pool bar is ok, can get quite cold because people dont recover the food like you are suppose to!

The pool is great. The water slides are excellent!

Myself & my partner both got tattoos done by Emrah. He has a tattoo studio located next to the hairdressers at the side of the pool. He is VERY good at what he does. He done my tattoo in 20mins, which back home would take someone probably an hour, & it has been done excellently. He is reasonably priced, I paid £60 for mine. I will upload a picture.

Overall, we had an excellent stay here. Maybe if the entertainment was a bit better i would give 5 stars.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sam31782
Fishguard, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Myself and my Girlfriend (both 24) booked the grand pasa for a week at the end of august. We flew into bodrum which was a long transfer to the hotel, we have booked again and are flying into dalaman (this will save us about 1.5hours on a bus!). First impressions of the hotel were very good. Its a beautiful looking hotel and is always clean. On arrival our room had been double booked so they put us in a suite for the first day, much to our delight it had a big bathroom with Jacuzzi, a big bedroom and a big living room area. We were later moved to our room which was obviously a lot smaller but still a really nice room. Our balcony was at the back of the hotel facing the hotel next to ours but we didn't mind this as it was still nice to sit there for a evening drink. The food was always hot and plentiful. At lunch time they did kebab meat, chips. salad and burgers at the pool bar. We found this pretty good. In the day time there was always something going on like pool (table) competitions, water polo etc. The only down side was the evening shows which sometimes weren't very long but were still quite good. All in all its a great hotel and good value for money. I think some people only go on holiday to complain so dont be put off by the bad reviews. ENJOY! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Bhearne
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Having read previous reviews of this hotel i decided to give it a try for a late break.
I was though very dissapointed with the hotel although the building is acceptable the level of cleaning was disgusting the maid never once cleaned our room the floor remained unhooverd the towels were not changed until I complained at reception.
The food was adequate but never hot and the resturant staff were I think very rude and ignorant
Their favorite phrase being "sorry finished" when asked for anything
The food in the pool bar was disgusting left for hours getting cold and covered in wasps and flys its a wonder more people did not get food poisoning

The bar staff especially the lobby bar are rude arrogant and lazy they gave me a glass of white wine in a cola glass when I asked them to change it they replied "its a glass use it"
The entertainment staff were abysmal and just wanted to blast you all day with loud music and shouting.
All in all a poor holiday at a very poor hotel that as seen better days and there is not much more to say about the place thats a positive but marmaris is a great place a beautiful bay so relaxing
My advice to the owners sack the manager sack the staff and start again

Room Tip: on over looking the pool its away from the loud music of a night from the green nature next door
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank reg c
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

just returned from a 1 week stay at grand pasa half term week, myself ,husband and 9 year old daughter, and we certainly enjoyed our stay at this hotel, first time to turkey and booking again for next year. The only let down was the entertainment but may be due to end of season, all the staff are friendly, the rooms are very clean and modern, the food was excellent, good variety, and the drinks were nice, overall an excellent holiday, I would go back to this hotel, but cause its our first time in turkey would like to try out different areas, just booked to go to bodrum at the club blue dreams resort just hope its as good as the pasa

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family