“Lovely hotel”
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #21 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went here as a family for the October half term break. The hotel was modern and bright. The cleaning staff seemed to be always working and the place was spotless. Our room was cleaned daily and towels changed.

We had a room on the fifth floor overlooking our pool. It was nice and quiet away from any noise.

The food was plentiful with lots of options. There was an area where the chefs prepared various items fresh. In the morning this was pancakes, omlettes etc. The snack bar was good providing the usual pizzas, burgers etc. The chicken kebab meat was excellent as was the traditional turkish flatbread that was freshly baked. There was also a nice selection of salads. I can honestly say I never went hungry in this hotel!

The pool area was perfect. A very large pool for swimming and a smaller one for the children with the slides. There were always plenty of sunbeds and the pool staff were excellent.

The only downside of the hotel was the entertainment staff. They were abysmal and only interested in smoking and playing their own overly loud music. When they started each afternoon they drove people away from the pool!

Don't let this put you off though, this really is an excellent family friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the hotels pool on a higher floor.
7  Thank AprilRosie
Write a ReviewReviews (2,097)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My fiance and I went here on the 17/10/2012 for a week, The journey from Dalaman airport to the hotel takes about 1.5 hrs. You stop off at a little place that has toilets, a shop, jewellery shop & hot food. The kebabs from here are really good so do try one!! When we got to the hotel we were checked in quickly and shown to our room.

Our room overlooked a couple of other hotels rather than our own but we werent too bothered about that. The rooms are spacious enough. There is a tv, with plenty of channels, hairdryer, telephone & safe in the room. The safe is a TOTAL RIP OFF! We paid for it, about £30 for the week, and they give you a card WHICH YOU DONT EVEN NEED!! There is a switch on the inside of the safe door, if you switch it off and then on again you can set the code. So there is no need for this card they give you when you pay for the safe!!

The hotel is extremely clean, our room was cleaned every day & given fresh towels. The reception & pool area were always spotless. The guys who work at the hotel do not get enough credit. They never stop!!

The hotel entertainment is crap. But isn't it like that everywhere?!

The food is excellent! I have been to a few all inclusive hotels in turkey and i must say this hotel is by far the best for food! Plenty of choice, always something for everyone, buffet options & chefs cooking fresh steak, kebabs, burgers etc. The lunch time buffet at the pool bar is ok, can get quite cold because people dont recover the food like you are suppose to!

The pool is great. The water slides are excellent!

Myself & my partner both got tattoos done by Emrah. He has a tattoo studio located next to the hairdressers at the side of the pool. He is VERY good at what he does. He done my tattoo in 20mins, which back home would take someone probably an hour, & it has been done excellently. He is reasonably priced, I paid £60 for mine. I will upload a picture.

Overall, we had an excellent stay here. Maybe if the entertainment was a bit better i would give 5 stars.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sam31782
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Myself and my Girlfriend (both 24) booked the grand pasa for a week at the end of august. We flew into bodrum which was a long transfer to the hotel, we have booked again and are flying into dalaman (this will save us about 1.5hours on a bus!). First impressions of the hotel were very good. Its a beautiful looking hotel and is always clean. On arrival our room had been double booked so they put us in a suite for the first day, much to our delight it had a big bathroom with Jacuzzi, a big bedroom and a big living room area. We were later moved to our room which was obviously a lot smaller but still a really nice room. Our balcony was at the back of the hotel facing the hotel next to ours but we didn't mind this as it was still nice to sit there for a evening drink. The food was always hot and plentiful. At lunch time they did kebab meat, chips. salad and burgers at the pool bar. We found this pretty good. In the day time there was always something going on like pool (table) competitions, water polo etc. The only down side was the evening shows which sometimes weren't very long but were still quite good. All in all its a great hotel and good value for money. I think some people only go on holiday to complain so dont be put off by the bad reviews. ENJOY! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Bhearne
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Having read previous reviews of this hotel i decided to give it a try for a late break.
I was though very dissapointed with the hotel although the building is acceptable the level of cleaning was disgusting the maid never once cleaned our room the floor remained unhooverd the towels were not changed until I complained at reception.
The food was adequate but never hot and the resturant staff were I think very rude and ignorant
Their favorite phrase being "sorry finished" when asked for anything
The food in the pool bar was disgusting left for hours getting cold and covered in wasps and flys its a wonder more people did not get food poisoning

The bar staff especially the lobby bar are rude arrogant and lazy they gave me a glass of white wine in a cola glass when I asked them to change it they replied "its a glass use it"
The entertainment staff were abysmal and just wanted to blast you all day with loud music and shouting.
All in all a poor holiday at a very poor hotel that as seen better days and there is not much more to say about the place thats a positive but marmaris is a great place a beautiful bay so relaxing
My advice to the owners sack the manager sack the staff and start again

Room Tip: on over looking the pool its away from the loud music of a night from the green nature next door
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank reg c
Reviewed November 7, 2012

just returned from a 1 week stay at grand pasa half term week, myself ,husband and 9 year old daughter, and we certainly enjoyed our stay at this hotel, first time to turkey and booking again for next year. The only let down was the entertainment but may be due to end of season, all the staff are friendly, the rooms are very clean and modern, the food was excellent, good variety, and the drinks were nice, overall an excellent holiday, I would go back to this hotel, but cause its our first time in turkey would like to try out different areas, just booked to go to bodrum at the club blue dreams resort just hope its as good as the pasa

1  Thank lisa0ne
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Having read the reviews of the hotel, both good and bad, I travelled to Marmaris with fairly low expectations....I was not disappointed, however, for the price paid, the hotel was completely acceptable.

The lobby was clean, attractive and very well furnished and the reception staff were welcoming. Unfortunately we didn't get a pool view room, but that's just pot luck so can't complain. The room was spacious, clean, serviced everyday and had a very good sized balcony.

Now the food; very important as it's an all inclusive resort.
Personally I found breakfast to be the highlight of the dining experience at the hotel. The lunchtime menu was very bland and the evening menu was repetitive. The desserts were OK, but all in all, the food was just about hitting average. I do however understand that being an all inclusive resort, costs restrict the quality and variety of food thatcan be made available. Do not waste your time with the "a la carte" restaurant. If like me you are not expecting much, then you will probably leave the a la carte laughing at the atrocious meal and service. Itwas the one evening that I enjoyed the repetitive nature of the food in the main canteen. Along with the wife and I, everyone of the parties in the a la carte the same night, went to the main canteen straight after.

As we were a couple, the child entertainment in the hotel was not a priority; but it did not look very good. I don't think many of the prents were impressed. This was especially important as we travelled during half-term week; so though not a priority to us, it was for families and should have been for the hotel.

The shop in the resort was expensive compared to the '5 Star' resort' across the road; with even equivalent phone cards being 20% dearer in the Grand Pasa.

Thje exchange rate in reception was not much difference to anything else in the whole of Marmaris. Infact, best rate I found was only 0.0125 better; so even if you exchanged £500, you would only be better off by £5 by walking all the way in to town. It's safer to buy at the hotel.

The room safe.....do NOT NOT NOT pay for the room safe. They give you a card and charge you 5TRY a day. All you have to do is look at the back edge of the door (so basically where the hinges would be on any normal door) and flick the switch. This resets the code and you can type in your own code and use the safe for free. Unfortunately I learnt this too late!

Finally the pool area....well only one word....excellent.

It was clean, attractive, large, a separate area for water slides and overall an extremely welcoming part of the complex.

I hope this has been useful. For a family with young children I can see the attractiveness of the all inclusive Grand Pasa. However, it was not for me and the wife. Despite this, the overall value was still good.

A note in general about Marmaris: if you are expecting to experience turkish culture, it's not the place to go. If you're looking for white or yellow sandy beaches, it's not the place to go.
The peninsula is famous for making honey, so you must be prepared to be annoyed by wasps, especially when dining outside.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were a group of 11,ranging from 17 months to 71 years old,and the only fault that we could find with this hotel were the 2 miserable ignorant gits that worked the lobby bar,apart from this we could not fault our stay,the rooms were of a good standard and cleaned every day "to a good standard",the food was nice and not repetitive,and the sweets counter was the best that we have ever seen in Turkey,our 17 month and 4 year old grandkids ate well and plentiful,yes it may be true that the entertainment is not the best,but then again so is most in Turkey,the outdoor pools were a bit on the cold side for us oldies,but our 13 and 9 year old grandsons never gave it a second thought,and we never saw them again while the slides were going,"10 till 1 then 2 till 4" overall we had a great time here and would certainly return,"GREAT HOTEL"

Room Tip: to avoid big queues at lobby bar nip down to disco bar where the barstaff are very pleasant and you...