“Is this the same hotel that I stayed in”
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #21 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Myself, daughter and grandson have just returned from our holiday Marmaris Grand Pasa Hotel. Although the hotel is nice but it is not 5 star. Firstly our room 220 was on the side of the hotel right opposite the disco room at the Green Nature Hotel so we had loud music every night from around 9pm until midnight and some times later (drove me up the wall). I did not find the hotel staff that friendly and when I requested a second door key as I wanted to be a bit independance to my daughter I was told that I could not have one. When I asked why some friends of our had been offered one when they arrived they reluctanly gave in and supplied me with one. The room itself was quite nice and spacious but very mean with the toiletries. The food was not to my liking but this is not suprising and I am very fussy. We had al acarte one night which I ordered chicken with mushroom sauce, when it came it lookedeas if someone had been sick over the chicken. So be warned have the chicken with pepper sauce much better. The main dining room was ok but was just like a canteen in a factory at lunchtime. The pool area is nice but the pool was not heated and it was very cold. I had a turkish bath whilst there which was very nice and good value for money £35.00 for around 2 hours. However the exfoliating left me with bruised arms but as my skin is quite thin due to my age this was only to be expected. The jewellery shop was very nice and my daughter bought me a ring from there but I have yet to see if we had value for money as I have not yet had it valued here, they did repair two of my rings ( replace one stone in one ring and two in another for £35.00. Emra in the tatoo shop was also nice and alway very polite (my daughter had two tattoo's done). The entertainment is far to repetative and it would appear that is was the same earlier in the year as it was when we went. If you want an english breakfast then go to Diana@s which you get a good breakfast for £1.60, we also had a good a course steak meal for 26lr which again was very good. We booked for a boat trip with the man up the road, well what can I say it must have been the oldest boat in the harbour (The Traveller) we had rain the afternoon before and the foam lounger mattresses had not been removed so when we got there in the morning they were soaking wet. The boat was not very clean and although the travel man advised that all drinks were included this was only the soft drinks all others had to be paid for the cost for the trip was £37.50, Also be warned if you go on the this boat and you are offered an ice-cream don't have one unless you want to pay for it. My daughter and grandson was at the other end of the boat when it came me having to pay for the ice creams so was unsure if my daughter had had one, so paid for three 15lr but it turned out that my daughter did not have one and they refused to refund the 5lr also another couple did not have one and they tried to get them to pay anyway. Went on the bus to Ichmeler which is very nice and the oilice very friendly had our photo took with the officer out front which my grandson thought was good as he had a gun.

All in all we had a good holiday. Would I return to turkey yes but not to Marmaris and not to the grand pasa but would go to Ichmeler. Oh and just one more thing. book a taxi get from the airport and back much better that the coach cost around £70.00 there and back.

Room Tip: Insit on a poolside room as these are much quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank noddy504
Write a ReviewReviews (2,097)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband, 9 year old son and I have just returned from a weeks stay at Grand Pasa and had a fantastic time despite having two days of rain! The hotel is gorgeous, the standard rooms are very well furnished, spacious and extremely well equipped. Air-conditioning is modern super efficient and in all rooms FREE! The balconies are large and well furnished too, there are four electric sockets in the bedroom, flat screen t.v, ample wardrobes, safes, and lovely clean built in mini fridge! The bathroom is a good size too with full size bath- fitted with sliding glass doors and a shower over the bath ( dont be put off the shower was very powerful and always hot enough)!!
The food is really excellent, this is the second time I've stayed here and I've never had a bad meal on either visit. Meals are eaten in the large well equipped dining room and are buffet style but there are several chefs serving fresh cooked meats too! The selection is endless so it's virtually impossible not to find something to suite even the most picky of eaters. The desserts are really delicious so if you have a sweet tooth be prepared to put on a few pounds!! The hotel does have an "a la carte" restaurant but whilst it's fine and my husband and I went on our lady visit- we didn't use it this time as my son preferred the selection of food in the buffet main dining room. There is also an outdoor snack bar by the pool which does the most delicious chicken kebab meat (fresh) and pizza, chips, salad ect if you don't want to go inside for lunch.
The reception area is stunning, with an enormous glass atrium, and the different floor levels all look down onto this area. The bar area is very plush with lovely changing light effects and super comfy plush sofas. There are endless seating areas on the raised terrace which is great to sit on and enjoy an after dinner drink! The swimming pool is large with a three slides to keep the children happy! My son spent hours on the slides but he is a competent swimmer- you would have to be careful with young children especially weak swimmers!! There are plenty of sun beds and mattresses. There is a really lovely spa and wellness centre at the hotel as well as an indoor pool and gym and sauna. This is where I come to the slightly niggling part of my review. Unfortunately it's not made clear to you wether the use of the indoor pool is free or is only available as part of a payable spa treatment!! The same applies to the sauna. The gym is free to use and is well equipped for a hotel gym, however the spa staff seem to think that the gym is there for their own personnel use ( regardless of hotel guests waiting to use equipment) and offer no help or advice to guests when they are using gym. It seems they only appear to be friendly and pleasant when they are touting for business with the new guests around the pool at the start of your holiday! If you don't want to spend money on treatments they don't want to assist you at all. Please don't let this one criticism put you off what is a really lovely hotel in countless other ways as you would be missing out on a real treat!
If you do go do try Ichmeler beach (ok so it's not pure White sand) but the views are truly stunning- the most beautiful place I think I've been 360 degree views. So hop on a dolmush (local mini bus) 2 :50 lira and enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are great but apparently some on the other side have sea views!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mandyhem
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my parter and 2 of our friends all aged between 20 - 24, I found the hotel to be very clean, all the staff to be very helpful and polite, the food was pretty good considering most all inclusives have te same thing day in day out. I thought there was a range of food and different most days! Breakfast is 5**
The pool was cleaned every day, rooms were cleared every day,
Only thing I was disappointed about was our balcony faced the hotel behind which I wasn't best pleased with, but I should of checked when I booked that our balcony faced our pool!
Great for kids as the slides are great (and big kids like ourselves)
We are looking to return next July.
Over all, great hotel! Can't really fault it!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank danii26
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was our first trip to Turkey, and we were not disappointed. The 90 minute transfer from the airport does not warrent a comfort break, but is forced upon you by the coach firm. Twenty minutes in the company of a dozen other coaches is not what you need after a long journey.
The hotel (pronounced 'Grand Pasher') is about five years old. All important first impressions are that everywhere is clean, and well laid out. Reception was welcoming and speedy. Rooms are spacious, consisting (in our case) of a double and a single bed, a table with two chairs, plus a chair at the dressing table. Storage is plentiful. The powerful shower is over the bath, and sliding doors completely isolate the shower from wetting the floor. The bedroom area is carpetted, which ensure quietness, but at this end of the season looked a little grubby. The balcony (with another two chairs and a table) was spacious, and completely private from our neighbours (a good security feature!).
The restaurant is roomy and clean. The waiters are extremely friendly, especially with the kids. Food is varied, satisfying all nationalities. As with any other hotel, buffet dining can mean some food is hot, and some only warm. Bacon does not exist on the breakfast menu, so do not expect a fry up. On our visit, the hotel was only perhaps 75% full, so one toaster was always asking for queues. It is to be hoped thar another toaster is used in peak season. Evening meals again should satisfy most tastes, but strangely (to us anyway) potatoes other than chips are a rarity. Another rarity is ice cream. It is almost a special ocassion when that appears! But the sweets are the best bit. Such a variety, very well presented, and absolutely unavoidable.
The pool area is clean. On our visit, sun beds were not a particular problem, but when help was needed, Charlie was there like a flash to find a spare bed or two. Does anyone work harder in this hotel? I think not. If you want music all day, find yourself a spot at the snack bar end. The other end is quieter.
As for the evening entertainment, well...what entertainment? I know it was the end of the season, but surely they can do better than this. Belly dancing, male belly dancing, karaoke, all depending on audience participation. A few kids trying to dance. No expense spared then? Some chap break dancing appeared a couple of times, if you like that sort of thing, and he had the audacity to come around with his hat after for a collection! If you do get 'in the mood', the end of evening bingo will surely calm you down!
The hotel is about 5 minutes stroll from all the shops you are likely to need. Cheap buses, running every 5 minutes, are also on the main street. The beach is only another minute away. A taxi rank is almost outside of the hotel.
The hotel opposite is noisy by day (10.00 to 5.00), but quiet by night. Two fun pubs within a couple if hundred yards are noisy by night, but only until midnight. They do not close then, but everything is behind closed doors.
To summarise, we really like Marmaris, especially the Marina, and the free sun beds on the beach. The Turkish people are very friendly, and English was rarely a problem. The hotel was value for money, if a little far from the main centre of things. Marmaris we will certainly revisit. We will consider this hotel again, but only after looking at the alternatives.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Vagabondfan
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great value for money. Hotel staff are mostly lovely although there are a few exceptions who suffer from a severe attitude problem.

We had paid extra for a room with a pool view balcony but this was ignored and overlooked. It was only when a refund was demanded that the appropriate room became miraculously available!

Pool side staff and entertainments staff great.

Cratering staff great. Walked me through each dish to identify whether I could eat or not given my allergy.

As with most males we encountered in Marmaris, a lot of the male staff there were very slimy...

Food was ok although an extremely limited vegetarian menu at times which meant my fellow traveller struggled. (Although when she requested something off menu because of this, they did accommodate), and very obvious recycling of leftovers.... Ie potato wedges reused from evening before as potato slices at breakfast... And still fridge cold as the Bain Marie had not managed to warm them through... Left over fruit put out again and again and the melon had gone off... Spicy turkey at lunch and spicy turkey with peppers at dinner... At lunch time things frequently ran out and lunch was only half way through... However the snack bar actually offered better food than the main dining area at lunch time...

Wifi was not working for the first 24 hours and eventually this was fixed but its just difficult getting the staff to acknowledge that there is a problem to begin with.

For what we paid couldn't complain in the slightest and we did have a great time...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank dreamer1979
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We only had a short stay at the Grand Pasa hotel but even so we were very impressed with this lovely hotel, the room was spacious and clean, the food was excellent and the staff were very helpful, we must thank Mel-Tem on reception as she was very helpful to us. There is plenty going on during the day, and lovely relaxing areas to sit during the evening. Alcoholic drinks good quality and plenty of tea and coffee too. There are shops on site and even a tattooist who I believe is very good. Marmaris and Icmeler in walking distance but regular dolmus if you dont fancy the walk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhydaman
Reviewed October 25, 2012

arrived just after midnight and i must say on previous reviews it has been mentioned that receptionist staff were not very helpful this is still the case and should be addressed however you do get a comment leaflet so make sure you fill it in,
ROOMS our room was very spacious and clean and was kept that way throughout our ten days, clean bedding and towels everyday.
FOOD choice's on starters main meals and desserts were plentiful well presented and very tasty however it wasn't always as warm as we like it but this was not the case all the time , we tried the outdoor snackbar on a couple of occasions my advice would be to pass on it as there were no covers over the food be it hot or cold and this was always cold
ENTERTAINMENT the animation team did a brilliant job through the day ,we never joined in but we could see them and people who joined in looked as though they were enjoying themselved nightime activities varied kids got entertained first with the usual dancing then shows began only critisism was they didn't go on long enough.
my one fault of this hotel would be our room ,as we were over- looking the hotel next door which ok was a pool view however not ours, all day it was very loud and having a siesta was impossible try and book /request a room with an even number at the end

we enjoyed our stay however if we were going back to marmaris we would go back to green nature resort and spa

Room Tip: as on my review numbers ending with an even number had the pool views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple