“2nd visit and would go back for a 3rd!”
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Scotland
“2nd visit and would go back for a 3rd!”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Just arrived home after 2 weeks, being our 2nd visit to the Grand Pasa. Loved every minute of it again and would deff go back for a 3rd time. They could do with teaching some of the bar staff manners though and how to smile but stuff like that I can deal with and it wouldnt put me off not going back as you are at the bar n away with your drinks within seconds. restaurant staff are very friendly and work soo hard! food was much better than last year, still not excellent for us personally but only because we arnt use to half of the stuff they serve but we never went hungry, plenty of chicken/turkey and rice and nice soups. Entertainment staff are just halarious...i dont know how folk can be negative about them they work really hard and not their fault that people dont want to join in things, some of the shows at night are quite cheesy but a good laugh! sunbeds were a problem sometimes...it would be fine if greedy folk never took 2 or 3 pads for 1 sunbed!! always the same people up at the crack of dawn with the towels out in the exact same beds every day even though theres a sign to say dont but nothing gets done so everyone has to do it. Asked for pool view and we got the view of another hotels pool, asked to change and they gave us another room the next day no bother. Rooms are very spacious and clean and towels are changed every day. A lot more foreign people this year most of them rude as usual, 5pm when the cakes come out it was like zombies all rising and following the tray in, clearly a big queue of people waiting on them and the rude folk just barge straight in infront of you shrugging their shoulders if you say anything to them! Only thing going later on is the resort wasnt that busy, the beginning of september last year was jumping but at the end of september this year it was quite empty and made you feel like you didnt want to go in most pubs as there was hardly anyone in them. Even though some of the staff look like they want to be somewhere else there is something about the Grand Pasa that makes us want to go back for a 3rd time. Would deffinetly recommend it but if you dont fancy the 40 minute walk into the main harbour or a taxi then I would get something a bit closer.

1 Thank rmac_x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 7, 2011

2 weeks is not long enough!!! Omg this hotel is totally amazing in everyway can't believe the people on here sayin anything bad about it the staff for one were brilliant in every bit of the hotel reception cleaners food bar entertainment hairdresser shops the rooms are gorgeous the pool stunning everything is so nice and clean I made alot of great friends and they made my holiday amazing the hotel alone was great couldn't ask for any better there was always something different to eat every night different entertainment everyone was so friendly they all work really hard Charlie the pool boy was great to bar staff amazing had such a laugh and entertainment I never wanted to leave some of the guests could have been a bit nicer though some were very rude one night thebarman served a man and the man sat at the bar and the barman asked if he needed any help the man turned round and said screw you I was totally shocked theres no need the barman was being so nice but 10 out of 10 for the hotel and staff iv booked for next year the day after I gt bck best time ever and a massive thanks to bar staff Kaan,gokhan,Cameron and entertainment Rambo and booboo and hairdresser Ben had a great time thanks to everyone from Catherine dundee

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Catherinebaby
SOUTH WALES
Reviewed October 6, 2011

One word WAW!.....i work for a travel agency and tried my best to find fault with the hotel...but couldnt...i had an amaziiiinggg holiday....and so did my other half...so much...that we are already thinking of booking it again for nxt year and ive only been back 3 days :) ....
there was loaddddsss of cholice on food...i didnt once see a repeated choice of food the whole week i was there...apart from the snack bar....pleanty of choice on drinks too...and the staff would go the extra mile to make your holiday an enjoyable one.
Dont even get me started on the Entertainment...i havent laughed so much in ages...cheesy...but my god funny....rooms were lovely and cleaners were very friendly and cleaned the rooms perefctly...GRAND PASA....you are definetly seeing us again nxt yr...YOU MADE OUR HOLIDAY :) X....p.s ... rambo the entertainer is a legend ;)

Room Tip: choose a room to the front of the hotel if you want peace and quite as the back of the hotel and fro...
3 Thank MANDYBLONDIE
Guisborough
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Whatever you do do not read the bad reviews about this hotel we could not fault it!!!!! From the moment you see it you are amazed and i would certainly rate it 5 star! It is so modern and classy and beautiful.
Ok so check in is easy and the staff can seem a bit off however you are warned by your travel rep that that is the Turkish way and they don't mean it that is just their mannerisms. Lovely little man to take your suitcases to your room (i didn't know whether to tip or not!) The room itself very clean we had a double bed and a single bed, flat screen tv with sky (Including Sky Sports which kept the other half very happy) huge built in wardrobe/shelving plenty of space for both our clothes. Patio doors onto balcony which had 2 chairs and small table, again all clean. The bathroom was wonderful, bath with very powerful shower, lovely black marble sink area with complimentary shower gels etc, hair dryer in the bathroom and shaving plug. Towels were provided and replaced daily with maid service.
The pool area was good although i do advise putting towels down early if you can (there is a sign saying you cant but EVERYONE did it) music is played throughout the day and the entertainments team do various games etc.
The food we couldn't fault. Always plenty to choose from breakfast,lunch and dinner although do bear in mind things are cooked differently to how we english do them. The desserts you must must try cake of all sorts taste fabulous and of course you can get as much as you like :)

All in all i would most definitley recommend this hotel without a doubt and i wold certainly go back

Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Arrived home on 25th Sept and didn't want to as we had a brilliant holiday. Extremely clean, friendly hotel. Aircon unit in the room cooled the room in minutes so I slept like a baby. Hotel 300m from beautiful Marmaris Bay. Food was excellent although we forced ourselves to eat out a couple of times as there are some excellent restaurants nearby. Thoroughly recommended.

1 Thank Mitchyboy01
scotland
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was pleased with the Hotel overall but there are a few things that I thought I could offer my thoughts on:-

Rooms - very large and well kept, the cleaner was really good on our floor and was happy to see us and would give us a 'hello' in the morning. I had a love heart made from towles and flowers on the bed a few times amd this made me smile. The Bed was so hard for me, I know this is difficult to get right but I had a few terrible nights without any sleep.

Food - I thought the presentation was great and I never struggled for food on any visit. The food was always hot, it just seemed to cool on the plate really quickly. I thought the resturant was really warm so I was happy to eat and leave so it was a little rushed.

Snack Bar - This was really good, there was a good choice and a small salad buffet every day, It was the same food every day but I loved the food there and was really happy, would be great for the kids.

Pool - The pool are was clean and as normal Charlie was amazing round the pool, There was someone picking up litter and collecting glasses. I fully understand why they need plastic glasses round the pool but they were discoulored and not nice to drink from. They should be replaced when they look so bad.

RECEPTION STAFF - What can I say? This is what kills the Hotel for me. The staff are the rudest and most miserable staff ever!!

BAR STAFF - Again for the 1st time in Turkey ever there were no friendly faces, no one was interested or cared. The glasses were slammed on the bar. I even asked for a smile from a few and that was a struggle.

ANIMATION TEAM - I have left the worst to last, Lazy, Lazy, Lazy. out of the 6 days we were there they hardly ever talked to anyone and they sat on the stage in the shade, they even had a lie down on a few occasions as they must have been tired!! At no point did any of them come accross and talk to us. If they had made more effort they may have got a few more to take part in the games and dances. Some reviews say they are friendly but they must just pick a few and they cant be bothered to talk to others. Every day was the same they just could not have cared less it was terrible round the pool some days watching them dance with each other in group round the DJ box... On days where no one wanted to take part they should have done something as an animation team to let new arrivals see what they do!! 2 days in a row there was no pool games, no dances, nothing!!
I love Turkey I go every year and I have been to better parts, Not too keen on Marmaris to be honest. I would not go back to this hotel, I have had better on a lower start rating, its a shame as the Hotel compex is so nice.

Room Tip: I emailed and asked for a pool view, no one ever responded but we got a pool view and this was very...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank lolrothnie
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Went for 11nights and had a fairly good time, apart from extremely rude & useless reception staff who need to brush up on their customer service skills

• Stayed September 2011