“dont think twice, book the grand pasa now.”
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Swansea, United Kingdom
“dont think twice, book the grand pasa now.”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We have just come back from a weeks break at the grand pasa hotel in Marmaris. It was a lovely hotel, pool area great, not to crowded around pool, plenty of space for everyone, staff were great in all aspects of the hotel. The food was good with a large selection for everybody.The EFES beer is just the ticket for 30 degree sun, just a five mins walk to the beach and prom. I recomend the turkish bath and all the trimmings for the male and female. £60 for both, brill. We went to Dianas bar just down the road, crazy place, staff were great there too. We got ripped off in the bar called, no name. they ripped us off for about £30, thats there last from me, watch if you go there folks. Walked to the harbour one day, it was brilliant, what a site, will deffo go again, soon hopefully.

Room Tip: try and get pool view, its lovely.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank mortona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed here from 6th-16th May the weather was great. Hotel was very clean, room excellent but no iron and they charge for ironing so take a travel iron!! The food was good and so was the service lots going on round the pool, music is loud in the afternoon but it's English chart music and good atmosphere. Didn't even finish one book. 5 minutes to the beach and 45 mins to town centre but lots of shops on the way or you can hop on a one of the buses which run every 5 mins on and off where you want for less than £1. Great holiday and would go back to that hotel!!

• Stayed May 2011
Nuneaton
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Went for the second time to this hotel after last years amazing hols. This time with my 2 sons and partners and my 2 year old grandson. It was every bit as good as last year. I must commend the hotel even more this year as my grandson was rushed to hospital with convulsions and also bronchial pneumonia.
The hotel arranged for the ambulance and doctor with utmost speed and professionalism and we all are eternally grateful to them. Whilst my son and fiance were in the hospital they arranged for every meal to be ready at the hotel reception for every one who was going to the hospital to visit and also for my son and fiance`s meals. When he was discharged the hotel greeted him back in the reception as they were all very worried and upset by the whole episode.
I really Haven`t got any negative remarks about this hotel. It was fantastic last year and was equally fantastic this year after he was discharged. One big difference this year is the photographer. Last year we refused to have any photo`s as the person at the hotel was arrogant and ignorant. However this year, due to complaints he has been changed. It is now a fellow called Selim. He introduced himself to us, told us his what he was able to do and then left us to decide. We ended up having a sunset photo shoot with him and the photos are just amazing. All my family bought alot of pictures from him as they were professionally taken. He became a very close friend of all my family and offered discounts. It will be worth the time and money if you require photos and I would highly recommend him.
So any one booked for this hotel, please don`t worry. I`m sure you will enjoy it as we have and be safe in the knowledge that if you require any emergency assistance, they are more than adequate to deal with anything that happens as they proved with my family.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank AXLNUNEATON

hello
i spent 2 weeks in this hotel from 2nd may 2011. and i think the standard was quiet good not 5 star. All the complaints about the food is crazy, so much choice and if people put the lids back on food trays it would be hot, there is so much choice at breakfast lunch supper plus the snack bar, and all your drinks, what do people want, do they eat this well at home i bet not. In the rooms they could have bin in the bedroom and not just the toilet i find that not hygenic, no coffee making facities i took my own ,no fruit or wine in the room, just bottle of water in the mini fridge which worked well and was clean. The gentleman who got people for the massages and sauna was good value for money and every thing is done in a prefessional manner, he is lovely bloke. I believe people do work hard in this hotel and do there best. There is many shops outside hotel bus stop 1 minute from the hotel plus taxi rank just outside hotel. I would go back to this hotel because i think its good value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank chocolategirl1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Lovely hotel.
Staff are friendly and work very hard. Food was good which i never found to be cold. Lots of choice.

WILL BE BOOKING TO BE GOING BACK!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jennifer112
Reading
Reviewed May 22, 2011

My partner and I were all inclusive however hindsight tells us B&B would have been better. The hotel itself was lovely, the staff very friendly and helpful, the rooms wonderfully clean and large. We had a room high up overlooking the pool which was good because we did not have too much noise. The only noise we really experienced were selfish people coming back to their rooms at 4am after going out clubbing and talking at the top of their voices.

Our main letdown with the Holiday was the food. I can eat pretty much anything however my partner is allergic to cheese and mayonaise, and it seems that the Turkish liked to put cheese on everything. So for the last 3 nights of our holiday we ate out at a lovely restaurant called Sandan on the main road. There was always something my partner could eat at breakfast and also lunch because of the snack bar however the evenings were a struggle, there was even cheese in the chicken soup!!!.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't that good so there is very little to do if it is raining but sit around.

Room Tip: High up overlooking pool.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tilehurst40
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We have just returned from the Grand Pasa hotel after staying here on the 5 May for 14 nts. After reading the reviews in April I thought we had made a huge mistake and even tried to change to a different hotel. Thank fully we did not. The main complaint people seemed to have was with the food bt we found something different to eat every day. At breakfast you could get freshley made omlettes, pastries (about 10 different types) cereals eggs etc the only thing that was missing was bacon and sausages but it is a Muslim country. Lunch and dinner again we always found something to eat, there is a huge selection of salads with quite a few traditional Turkish dishes. There is a lot of chicken/veal and fish dishes but even my 7 year old never went hungry. The items cooked on the grill were very nice and we often had whole grilled sea bass and trout. At times some of the dishes were cold but this was often because people had left the lids open on the serving dishes. I must say some of the guests behaviour at dinner left a lot to be desired. I had 7 year old with me who commented on how bad people's manners were while getting food. It is not nice to have someone in the queue behind you who is picking out chips from the serving plates with his fingers and then tasting them or the woman who picked up the rice dish on the spoon and smelt it saying urgh that is disgusting as my little boy went to put some on his plate after her.
We went to the A La Carte restaurant twice during our stay. You were offered 2 menus to choose from one seafood with 3 different types of fish or the oriental with chicken/lamb or beef kebab. We thought the food was lovely and it was nice to be served drinks and food by the waiters.
The drinks were quite weak although my husband said the beer tasted ok. A lot of people were asking for large measures of the alcoholic drinks.
We managed to get a sunbed everyday by the pool and if you asked the attendant at the pool if you came down at lunch time he would always find you sunbeds. The attendant did work very hard running about for people getting them parasols, sunbeds etc and he was always mopping around the pool area. One word of warning is that the area around the pool did become slippery at times. The pool was cold but as it was the start of May it was warming up. Once you are in and swimming around it is quite refreshing though. There is no shallow end in the pool and we made my son put arm bands on as he is not strong swimmer.
Our rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. Although some nights were quite noisy due the hotel across the road and other guests.
We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Pasa and I would say it is a 4 star hotel. I understand that it has a Turkish rating of 5 star and some people did expect this to be 5 star British standard. I would say that the price we paid is certainly not for a 5 star hotel and you do have to bear in mind that often you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family