“Huge dissapointment despite mostly helpful staff”

Halici Holiday Village
Ranked #184 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Huge dissapointment despite mostly helpful staff”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

our room felt dirty all holiday, we had air conditioning but the extraction pipe led out of a cracked hole in the window which led to alot of bites and sleepless nights, due to the loud music coming from a very nearby hotel.
the food was good but by no means great, we had to go out every morning for breakfast despite being all inclusive. Potatoes, pasta and casserole every night without fail. followed by the same for lunch the next day. snacks were okay with burgers and chips being served
on my final day I saw two maintenance staff welding less than metre away from guests on sunbeds without eye protection, i couldnt really believe i had seen it.

on the other hand the majority of staff were brilliant, with special thnks to
abdulkadir celik
ergun candar
ridvan dogramaci

who ran the activities each day who were very friendly and did a good job of gettin guests involved
all in all marmaris was brilliant with lots to do, but very crouded beaches, and the hotel didnt come anywhere close to what we were expecting

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tom e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We arrived 4/5am to be greeted by a moany unhelpful Middle aged man. There are 2 different hotels joined together but not exactly close! The part we were in was down the huge hill that the main hotel sits on top of! There are 1000 steps! Myself and partner are fit early 20s but we even found getting to breakfast/lunch/dinner exhausting! There is a lift that screeches like crazy and there are people getting stuck inside hourly soo take your pick.

The staff are awful!!!
All moody and rude! You'll be lucky to find anybody smiling except 1 chap up in the dining room that collects glasses.
The man on the front desk is exceptionally disgraceful!! My partner and I had broken air com as did most of the others we had spoken to and asked if anybody was going to come to fix of as we were promised on arrival into our room he disgustingly answered NO and continued with his game on Facebook! Terribe service!

FOOD-
The food was repetitive!
Stews everyday and whatever left overs from lunch was concocted into a strange salad for dinner! Recycled food everyday! The salad bar was nice and on occasion (twice in a 3 week stay) some fresh grilled chicken breast.
NO FRUIT at breakfast or at any time! An occasional watermelon was sliced up and the table attacked for a slice at dinner. The deserts were awful! All jellyfied and had a strange shaving foam textured cream all over them.

ROOM- the rooms stink especially the toilet! It seemed if your neighbour flushed the toilet your whole room would fill with a noxious stench. The aircon did not work for 2 out of the 3 weeks we were there! Sweating like pigs each night & morning!
Toilet & sink leaked so the bathroom was a 24hr paddling pool! The shower only had boiling hot or freezing cold temp and 4/5 days power cuts/ no hot water at all plus no fridge for drinks. The cleaners change the bed each day but do not do anything else? We had to ask for new towels on more than 5 occasions! Otherwise changing them twice a week!

Reps-
they're all liars! All trying to sell overpriced excursions when down the hill the prices are cut in half and are exactly the same. Don't believe anybody in turkey they're all trying to rip you off and get your money!

YOU CAN USE ENGLISH POUNDS IN MARMARIS!
No need for lira and you know how much you are spending using pounds! They except any currency I'm sure they'd even take blood!

All inclusive-
This hotel does not live up to any all inclusive ive been to.. Food not avaliable all day the meal times very short not as in description on holiday site! Tiny drink selection no cocktails and the ice cream is only served 2 days a week where if you're lucky to survive the hour que you might get a decent tiny scoop on a stale cone! And you are only allowed 1!!!!

Shall not be returning!
People/place is not worth your money no matter how good the deal is!!! Cheap= cheap service!
You get what you pay for! Be warned!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jessum

Travelers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

North Yorkshire
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My parents booked this hotel for us to all go as a family with our one year old. We have been to turkey many times before, even staying in the same area. Then my dad started to read the reviews...... For months.....over and over! Now I've always believed tripadvisor to be a communal moaning place for travellers, myself included as I had never written a review on any of the wonderful places I have stayed, this appears to be true! Review after review moaned about mundane things, poor food choices, the amount of stairs..... The list went on.... One even referred to it as 'the hotel from hell'!
Upon arrival (late Friday night), admittedly I was thinking 'jeez there are a lot of stairs' as we were shown to our room and I would say that this hotel isn't really suitable for people with mobility or heart problems! We arrived at our room (207) and after seeing the fancy lights of the golden rock hotel I did think 'dads done it again, back to basics' but to be honest 'basic' worked out fine as we were never in the room! The rooms were clean and tidy, the bed freshly made each day and towels changed. We did have an electrical problem in our room which was dealt with efficiently!
The first morning we woke up and opened the door..... The hike up them stairs was SO worth it, our view was basically the whole bay of Marmaris! We watched day after day as the cruise liners pulled in as the sun rose. Truly breath taking! Next came breakfast. Now I don't really know what sort of 'choice' people want for their money (some rooms are available for as little as £11 a night at certain times of the year) but you got a cooked style breakfast with grilled tomatoes, sausage, eggs, (which can be cooked while you wait) pancakes, dried cereal, bread, yogurts.... I mean the list goes on.... After carefully choosing a seat that over looked the whole of Marmaris and eating our lovely breakfast we made our way to pool. We soon learned that our blonde haired, blue eyes daughter was going to be the star of the show as everyone swooned over her (the Turkish folk are particularly fond of children and this is to be mistaken for anything else, they genuinely love kids. It came as a bit of a shock to my hubby but having been that blonde haired, blue eyed girl myself once I didn't once feel anxious about the situation and by the end second day my hubby loved parading her round to everyone! The staff are LOVELY too, from the cleaners to the waiter and the lady in the supermarket but especial EMRE the barman! Determined to make our daughter love him by the end of the week he gave her ice cream, posters to play with, ice cubes (which she loves) and showed her the lights on the bar-it eventually paid off!!! The pool area is so clean, my husband actually said its one of the only pools he's ever been in that hasn't had sand/grit or hair in the bottom of it! The whole hotel is very clean! Apart from sometimes the table cloths should be changed instead of just wiped down! Music is played throughout the day and some of it isn't to everyone taste, like my parents (50 & 60 yrs old) but still they enjoyed watching their grand daughter dance away. Tony was our animator but I think they do alternate. He was brill! PLEASE PLAY THE DARTS GAME! I know sometimes on holiday you think 'I don't want to look like a div in front of people I don't know but.....YOU DON'T KNOW THEM! And you're probably never going to see them ever again! We felt the games really brought people together and my hubby and dad soon got into water polo to. Unfortunately during our stay there were no shows on an evening, I believe this to be because it is the begin of the season as the night we were leaving they were having a Turkish night with belly dancers! We got the free ice cream on Tuesday as promised and snack at 2.30 which was burger, chips, pasta and salad. Then at 4.30 is afternoon tea and biscuits (which my mum loved)! Oh I forgot lunch, lunch time we were served something different everyday, with a wide range of food choices and fantastic salads and puddings. Evening meal was the same idea, different food to lunch but a wide choice of foods, soup and salads. Our evenings were spent strolling along the sea front (which is only a ten minute walk away, but it does take longer to get back up as you have to go up a hill to the hotel). It's a beautiful walk along the front, more hustle and bustle though in the hotels down there which made us appreciate ours more! We'd then sit in the bar area chatting to fellow holiday makers and staff before retiring to our room!
We will definitely be going back to halici semera, and I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms have a sea view, but you may what to request a lower level one if you struggle...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Stacey H
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in June 2012. The hotel does not look like the one in the photo above. It's definitely not a 4* hotel either. The staff were very friendly and involved everyone in games by the pool and got to know you. They provided a bus to and from the night life where the staff also came with us and made sure we got back on the bus and back home safe as it would have been quite a trek back. It's close to all the shops and different kinds of restraunts also.
The food wasn't the best but it was edable. It was just bland and it was the same thing every day. However there is another on sight restraunt but you have to pay to eat there. We did once and it was nicer and cheap.

The main thing that ruined this hotel was the fact that on our last day, out flight home wasn't until 7 o'clock in the evening, yet they stopped us from using our all inclusive deal from the morning, even tho that day we had paid for as it was our 7th day. Every other guest we told were appalled as it was so hot and being our last day no one had any money left so could not afford any drinks. So other guests had to go and get us something from the bar as they felt sorry for us.
Also in our room the chain on the toilet broke on numerous occasions.

You had to get up at about 6am to reserve a sunbed or you'd be without alllllll day.

The views were awesome of the sea.

The hotel is on a hill with millions of steps to get to most of the rooms so a pain if you have to carry a heavy suitcase.

Free wifi was available at reception.

Can't think of anything else to say.
Cheerio.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Emilysm101
West Bromwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I like to think im not one of these picky people who i often see on reviews but this hotel was far from amazing. me and my partner went here with friends, as couples, and had looked at reviews and photo's before we went, this being sed the price was one of the main things that attracted us to this hotel. looking back now i wish we had paid the bit extra for a better hotel. I wish all i could find to moan about was the fact we had no warm water for showers until we asked for it or that there was mold and rot around the taps or even the massive hill leading up to the hotel but sadly this is not the worst of it, in the first room we were put in we had broken showers (both rooms) beds like concrete, stains on the bed sheet that i dont want to know what that was, balconey door was broke for anyone to get in through and to top it off our mates room had droppings (assuming it was rats) all over bathroom sinks, bath and on floors. needless to say we asked to move rooms, it took 2 complaints about the droppings but we were moved eventually but right at top of hotel (from witch we climbed a mountain every morning for breakfast, litrally) but in all fairness these rooms were better but as i say our water was constantly cold until we notified someone. On top of all this, although it was cheap we paid the money expecting an all inclusive holiday and got there to find it wasnt really, the only free drinks was their vodka, rum and beer anything else you had to pay for, food was not the best but luckily im not very fussy with food so always found something to eat even if it was just chips n bread.

Room Tip: rooms at bottom of hoter are were we experienced rat droppings and general unclenliness (if thats a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah P
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We was the last ones dropped off, dont mind but it was quite a long way and getting tired, to make things worse the driver had dropped my case off the drop before us, so I had to wait for the driver to go back to the hotel and pick my case up. hmmmmmmmm nice.
any how, we didnt see the view as we arrived around 0400hrs but when we got up, Gob smacking views of Marmaris and the harbour.
the room was good the drianage was abit of a problem as very time we showered it overflowed. by hay holidays.
the food was great and the staff was good, dont take the turkish bath visit, hmmm there is better out there at the same price. there was a little shop on site that was good and the man in there was kind even though he didnt speak much english.
be WARNED the walk up from the main road is hard especially if you have a walking problem or drink problem or it dam too hot, taxi (cheap).
the hotel has alot of steps however its well worth it just for the veiws through the day and night when the harbour lights come on.

Room Tip: try not to get a room near the restaraunt, the fridge condensers are at the back and will keep you a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris8706
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here for a week all inclusive with one if my girlie friends! Had an amazing time! Yes it's not a luxury hotel but for what you pay it is worth it!
Steps!
Yes there are a lot of steps! We stayed in the room furthest away and I have a hip condition, it wasn't a problem! There is nothing wrong with a bit of holiday excerise!
Rooms!
The rooms are basic however they are very clean! Beautiful views from the balcony. Hair dryer, tv, aircon, fridge.
Animation team!
The animation team where excellent and made our holiday, every single one of them. As 2 young girls i was abit weary of going out at night but the animation team arranged a minibus shuttle to bar street for anyone in the hotel (as it is too far to walk) stayed with us all night and looked after us and then bought us all home at 3am. The reviews about the animation team being sacked I think is a lie as there was plenty of animation worker whilst we were there and they did the job brilliantly (13 sep til 21 sep)
Pool!
Pool was clean and a big enough size. Sun beads are a challenge but just put your towels out early. If you can't get a bed half the pool area is decked so you can easily just lay on a towel, plenty of space!
Food!
Food was very basic but edible! Not amazing but never went hungry! (And I'm a fussy eater)

Overall this is the perfect hotel for a cheap all inclusive holiday. If you want 5* luxury then pay double the price and stay in a 5*

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends