“brilliant two weeks!”

Grand Cettia Hotel
Ranked #15 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“brilliant two weeks!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

just got back from a wonderful two weeks at the grand cettia hotel. The rooms were not the biggest but were very clean and decor and facilities were good. Flat screen t v and sky kept kids entertained while getting ready to go out. The food was of a good standard for an all inclusive especially the constant freshly grilled and bbq'd food outside. And finally, the biggest plus was the amazing entertainment team who worked so hard to keep everyone involved and not afraid to make a fool of themselves, so ediz , batur,younis ,coco and the girls should be proud of themselves. A quick mention for all the bar staff and waiters as they work hard for long hours with smiles on their faces. All in all a great holiday!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank zuludan77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well when we arrived at half 3 in the morning first impression looked good, bellboy took our cases to room 2010 he opened door for us give him a tip left us to get sorted. Room ok steped out onto balcony to be greeted by the wall of the next building then all of a sudden a loud noise our air conditioning fan on balcony rang reception to asked to be moved told Hotel was full and could look into it 3/5 days to move ( so thought what is the point). I just get to the mean points:

POOL- Overcrowed too small for hotel. Sunbeds never seen sooooo many towels on beds by half 7. This was ridiculous. Apparently hotel rules no sunbeds can be reserved if unattended over a hour towels would be removed (never seen a towel removed in the full 2 weeks i was there).

FOOD - (Quality) very poor for a "4 Star" more like 2 star.
Our 2 weeks stay there loads of people ill including myself. Hotel put it down to dehydration. But as you can see by below comments this was down to food posioning but hotel loved brushing this under carpet.

Entainement team - Excellent - always around from 10am to 10pm from pool games to darts.

Kids Club - Excellent - My son who is 5 loved this. Kids Club team friendly.

Thomas Cook Rep - Chris unfriendly never speaks when walks passed you (blanks you). He is the only Rep that i have came across that never asked my how my holiday was going in the 2 weeks i was there.

Photographer- San G superb couldnt fault him took loads of photos of us wihin the 2 weeks. Well worth £100.

Spa - Fantastic me and my husband went for a full massage while our son was in kids club. Well worth £35 each.
Massage included:
Turkish bath - Scrub - Rub with honey,milk and then a foam.
Full body massage which lasted an hour and 10 mins.

So basically what you pay for in the Cettia Hotel you get excellent service.

Location - 15/ 20 min walk from beach
Taxi drive to Marina - best place for food.
Hotel up steep bank easier to cut through Cettia Apartments if didnt want to walk up steep bank

Overall - Never again.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Gemmma28
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival in the afternoon the bellboy took us straight to our room and we had requested a mid level room with a sea view which we got, the room was spotlessly clean and tidy and was cleaned every day by a friendly maid service who even arranged the sheets into fancy displays. We requested extra towels and sheets which we got the same day. Our experience whilst at this hotel was food was good and varied and suited a family of 4, 2 children aged 9 and 12, breakfast, lunch, dinner and the all day snacks served all day and even the midnight soup if you we're peckish. The drinks in the all inclusive we're fine and you couldn't drink alcohol all day because of the heat going towards 50 degrees and soft drinks, tea and coffees were included. We had no problems getting a sunbed in a morning and we saw some towels taken of sun beds that had been reserved and the pool attendants would get a sunbed off a pile that they had and put it out for you if it was busy, jimmy the pool attendant was very helpful and friendly and would tell you how much he loved you and would miss you! The sun beds were stacked away every night and the whole pool area was cleaned. The entertainment was going on from 10 am till gone 11 pm and the team worked very hard coco, Yanis, batty boy and involved anyone that wanted to take part and all in all the entertainment was just a bit of fun to have on holiday, I dressed up as a baby and threw coco in the pool. The water slide was enjoyed by both the children and the adults and the pool was lovely for a cooling dip, but walking around the poolside was slippy and the pool attendants tried putting mats around the pool edge. The staff did walk around the pool trying to sell extras but once you said no to them they didn't bother you again but they were still friendly. All the hotel staff were friendly from the managers, the reception staff, the restaurant staff and the bar staff. I had a couple of Turkish shaves in the salon which were amazing. We went to the welcome meeting with Chris the Thomas cook rep who came across as being friendly and funny but straight after that his persona changed and he seemed unhelpful and rude, we booked a shopping trip with him to a market but finished up in a gold shop, a leather shop, a Turkish delight shop and marmaris bazaar which could be done for 2 Tl each on the dolmus so felt the trip was a waste of a day and expensive. Chris did advise us to go to a restaurant at the harbour called the golden plate were the steaks are out of this world. The bazaar was full of fakes but was fun to experience and be prepared to haggle but the shops opposite the hotel were also good to buy in and just be prepared to say no. Overall we really enjoyed this holiday and found it relaxing and fun, we didnt want to leave and would go back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Shankzzy
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had a brilliant 2 week family holiday hotel staff brilliant food brilliant rooms are very clean fresh towels and bedding every day this hotel had everything you need got to say the weather was to hot for us it was hitting 50 degrees really hot but great ... thank all

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 582Anthony69
swansea
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Ok firstly I don't write reviews that much, but on my way home I thought to myself people need to know exactly what they are booking when they go to this hotel as it is not what Thomas Cook make out and it is nothing like the reviews some people have posted this site.

The Truth
All inclusive: having been all inclusive every time I have been abroad this one was different as you could not have cocktails or bottled water. Both me and my partner love our holiday cocktails so a little disappointed you had to pay and it was not cheap. But other than that everything else was great. no real bacon or sausage so breakfast was limited to fresh bread cheese, some pancakes with fruit and a couple of different cereals. There was a kitchen outside which was constantly making things from burgers, pitta breads and pizza's during the day plus the main kitchen was open for lunch.
Evening meals again where good, great choice and very tasty.
Maybe the fact there where queues for food was a problem for some people but if you waited for 30 mins there was no queues at all and the food was never ending, once one ran out they replaced it with a fresh batch.

Hotel Size: I must agree that the hotel could get a little over crowded but this really adds to the fun of the holiday. Everyone is having fun and it really is a good family hotel.

Hygiene: Biggest problem for me on this holiday. Hotel was spotless, restaurant was also good standard but the bar staff where really dirty. one member had a hand wrapped covered in blood and was still serving drinks. Not great and hopefully will get sorted as I did complain twice about there hygiene.

The Myth: During our time there lots of people were falling ill with sickness from the food (apparently) This was not the case as my party of 10 who where there from the 7th aug to 21st were all fine apart from my 4 year old daughter who had stomach cramps but this was because she was dehydrated. once we put the salts back in to here system she was back to her self. The food is fine the hotel is clean there was a sickness bug going around the hotel which could not be blamed on anyone.

The Facts. This hotel was very good and it was the first time both me and my partner were not ready to come home after two weeks so that for me says alot.
Big mention must go to the entertainment team who made my holiday. they were fantastic I think I was on stage as much as them sometime, called bingo while ediz sat with my family marking my bingo card. Amazing !!!!!

Have to mention Chris the rep who I thought was terrible, walked past you with his head down, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but turkey. So if thomas cook read this please let Chris now he needs to work on his people skills.

Hotel Managers where amazing, blond lady and short dark haired guy who has his own office where so polite and approachable never had to ask them for anything but always stopped to talk to you and see how your day was.

rating the hotel 4 star and not 5 only because of the bar staff hygiene and the fact cocktails were not included in the all inclusive

Room Tip: Look hotel room are always hit and miss not everyone can get a pool view so its pot luck deal with i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Stk1980
Manchester UK
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Cettia Hotel from 23rd July- 6th August Travelling with my partner and 9 Year Old Son.
Arrived at the hotel in the early hours and was checked in swiftly and without any issues.
We were given a room directly outside the lifts on the 4th Floor (room 417 I believe) which was to be honest one of the larger rooms and was more than adequate for me my partner and son. It was clean and well presented.
Rooms were cleaned on a daily basis by the cleaner and new towels swapped out on a daily basis. The general cleanliness of the hotel itself seemed to be of a decent standard as well as the dining area and the outside dining area.
There was various activities throughout the day which me and my son joined in with including darts, killer pool and the adults daily pool game as well as the Water Polo in the afternoons for both the adults and Kids.
This did however get a bit repetitive going into the second week.
The food there seemed to be of an ok standard with a bit of variety althoughthe hot dishes were only luke warm at times and didn't seem to be rotated and monitored so you really didn't know how long the food had actually been left out for.
The best food generally came from the outside grill which was cooked fresh and in front of you.
After a week The food also became a bit repetitive and boring!!
The variety of drinks was so so although the luke warm water, powered orange ( still) and blackcurrant that you could help yourself to in the outside bar left a bit of a vile after taste in your mouth after drinking it!!!
We also had professional photos done onsite which for the money are well worth it and a great keepsake.
Now onto the characters in the hotel.
Big shout goes out to Coco, Bat, Eddie and the other 2 main members of the Entertainment Team. They really do work their socks off and strive to keep all the guests entertained and make their stay as enjoyable as possible ....even if it also got a bit like groundhog day!!
Marta the Guest Relations Person is Brill, always available and always asking the guests if they are ok and approachable to resolve an issues or questions you may have.
Chris The Thomas Cook Rep ......Didn't really deal with/see him until the day we were due to travel home. Typical stereo type rep....all about me me me and how he was leaving the company, not really interested in listening to anything else ......enough said!!
Speedy The Rep from the Spa..... All nicey nicey when hes trying to sell you the spa treatments but once you have been on them or you do not take up the spa treatment offers he practically ignores you or lets on when its to his liking. This guy is to be honest a clown!!
Sam and the other Chap who do the professional photos on site were always polite and pleasant and made time for all the guests without being pushy salesman.
The waiters did seem ok especially Ugg ( I believe his name was this) who worked their socks off and always seem in high spirits.
The main gripe I have was the Hygiene side of certain things in the hotel.
For instance the waiters had a habit of putting ice in your drinks by scooping it up from the ice containers by hand into your drinks and handing you your drinks with the same hands via the rim of your plastic cups/glasses!!! Also they used dirty clothes to wipe down the bar area and tables that you would eat from ....Not very Hygienic at all!!!
Beware also of slipping and falling flat on yer a** if you happen to have drinks and walk around the pool area as its that slippy and dangerous when returning to your cramped up sunbeds where the only option of getting onto the sunbed itself is via the foot of it as they are all that close together you are all practically sat on each others laps!!!
Don't forget also to set your alarms for 6am in order to reserve a decent sunbed/s....later than that and you've got no chance :O(
Oh I must also mention the fact that after returning home from the Grand Cettia within 24 hours both me and my partner became really unwell with stomach cramps and played constant tag in the toilet back home. Obviously we had managed to catch some of the Viral Bug that had just kicked in at the hotel. We knew it was in full effect as our sister and her husband joined us one week into our holiday and the day after we left they both informed us that they had the sickness and diarrhea bug as did multiple other guests at the hotel including children there!!
Would I return to the Grand Cettia hotel again ........NO........Would I recommend the hotel to others....... Probably Not !!!
I would however consider the Cettia Apartments (Self Catering and Half Board) over the road if i was a first time visitor to the area as they did seem to be the better choice!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MancCrew
Wigan
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Well were do we start, we arrived at the hotel at 3am and first impressions was "wow its amazing". The hotel itself is actually probably one of the nicest that we have stayed in, its very clean, most of the staff are very friendly and the food is very good.

Within 5 minutes for our first morning at the hotel we got collard by "Speedy" the Spa sales man, we then spend £60 per adult and £60 for my 13 year old girl on a Turkish bath and massage at the hotel SPA, I have to say that we really enjoyed this but was gutted when we found out that other 5 star hotels in the area are offering this for £10 each, it left us feeling ripped off.

The two camera men, Sam and SanG are brilliant, they are both very very nice and the photographs are excellent, well worth £100 of anyone's money.

Here are the bad points, the pool and sunbathing area is just too small for the hotel, you need to be up for 06:30 to get any chance of getting a sunbed in a decent area. The sunbeds are all lined up side to side all throughout the complex and there is simply no space to move. The entertainment team start at 10am and that's when the music gets turned up, DONT get a sunbed near the stage, you will soon get a headache !!!!!!. The pool as packed and defiantly has no space to relax in. At times it was like a club 18-30 hotel.

Around 5pm they start clearing away the sunbeds near to the stage to start preparing to set out the dining tables outside, this is when mad rush 2 of the days starts, everyone then starts waiting around to grab the 20 or so tables near the stage as this is where the kids and nights entertainment is, if your not ready for 17:30 your not getting a table outside and wont get one all night.

The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the beach and about 45 minutes for the marina. Not a great walk as you get hassled all the way down by every Bar, shop and people selling excursions. If you do want to book any excursions then the Jeep Safari, the boot trips and the Aqua Dream waterpark would be worth doing to break your holiday up. You will be able to book these for £8 per adult, Don't get ripped of by them as they will start at around £17 each per trip. The two excursions bookings offices outside near the hotel "Batman and Terry's" will always start high but will come down on price. If you walk towards to beach about 1/2 a mile from the hotel you will get a much better price. Look around before buying !!!!!!.

Sounds like I have done nothing but moan, overall the hotel is very good but just too busy (but we did go in August) And turkey is not for us as its Hassel Hassel,Hassel !!!!

The Harrison Family