“Genuinely excellent”
Review of Grand Cettia Hotel

Grand Cettia Hotel
Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This has to go down as my least-researched holiday ever. The requirements: cheap, low season, good chance of sunshine, baby-friendly. But mostly cheap. Turkey had never really occurred to me as a destination but the deals to be had were excellent, so, armed with trusty TripAdvisor I booked my first ever all-inclusive package holiday for my husband, 11 month-old daughter and I.

Best holiday ever.

The hotel is spotless and cleaned throughout the day. Our room was cleaned every day and was lovely - the bed was huge and very firm, of which I am a fan. We returned one day to find towels on the bed in the shape of a heart with a pair of my daughter's soft shoes in the centre! The maids were very friendly and their command of English really put us to shame (between us we speak more than 6 languages but really struggled with Turkish).

The food was excellent to the extent that we only ate two meals outside the hotel. The vast majority was Turkish and was plentiful and so, so good. (I've seen mention of the food being reused, to which all I can say is please educate yourself on the practices of restaurants. It is normal.) My daughter ate like a horse all week - for those with infants who require purées/bottles the restaurant has a dedicated station with a bottle warmer, microwave and blender. The local beer, Efes, was nice though I mostly drank lemonade and the odd glass of red wine - which started appearing in very large glasses once the staff realised I don't tend to drink alcohol without a meal.

The entertainment staff - in particular Ediz, Natacha and Yunus - were great fun and really enhanced our stay. Thanks guys, and the quizzes were a hoot!

Staying in early April meant that the season was only just getting going, and only 13 rooms were occupied during the most part of our stay. This meant though that we were treated like royalty! The atmosphere at that time was very family orientated, though I have to say that once other guests arrived it was clear that their priorities were getting terribly sunburnt and as drunk as possible as quickly as possible. This is no reflection on the hotel but a sad indictment of the British while abroad. I wouldn't have blamed the staff for getting very frustrated (I was!) but they were always very professional. Much as we loved Cettia I would not want to be there at the height of the season - but again, not because of any fault on the part of the hotel or Marmaris itself.

I could go on and on but I'll sum up by mentioning the treatment of my baby daughter. Obviously I'm her mother and biased when I think she's rather superb but the staff without exception seemed to agree wholeheartedly! When people say the Turkish love babies they're not joking. Everywhere we went she was the centre of attention and utterly adored. We will miss in particular lovely, lovely Serap in the restaurant who looked after us at every meal - thank you so much.

A perfect week, in sum. A return to Cettia is most certainly on the cards and not just for the incredible Turkish spa experience...

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank rfarnsworth
Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here a couple of years ago, had read mixed reviews before we went but needn't have worried. The main reception area is quite grand and impressive compared to some all-inclusive places. Generally the place was very clean and comfortable.
Also, for an all inclusive, the food was very good with a good variety every day of different sorts of dishes.
There could be a big queue for the outside bar quite often but you always seem to get this with all-inclusive hotels, think it must be a way of limiting how much drink they give away.
The staff were friendly and helpful too. A negative point was that the pool area was quite small and cramped and you had to get up early if you wanted a sun lounger.
Overall though it was a nice hotel with good food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Good hotel fun entertainment nice clean rooms maids were in every day bar 1 day. All inclusive is a good value of money to pay as me and my family did, the entertainment was very good at the pool as well as at night they had kids disco bingo and various shows. we went in July 2011

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank rebecca m
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This really is a fantastic holiday for families and groups, everyone is really helpful the spa is lovely and JJ is great guy!!

The entertainment yes its the same most nights but its about the kids having fun and they all did!

Food was fine better than your normal all inc choices and the external bbq/grill was lovely.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank JohnKH1983
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went here first 2 weeks in September and had a fantastic time. Only negatives I can say is evening entertainment does get a bit repetitive over 2 weeks, most nights it's bingo, mini disco and a game of adults making a fool of themselves. (Myself included)
This wasn't enough to put us off, as we are looking to go back this year.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Keysyboy
Reviewed January 21, 2013

As I have been going to the Cettia hotel for more than 6 years I know the hotel is top notch when it comes to food and cleanliness! Maids come around every morning to clean your room and they do a great job doing so, though if you're wanting a clean towel I suggest you leave your dirty ones in the bath or somewhere noticeable. Breakfast isn't a full English buffet it consists more of pastries because the Turkish don't eat pork,bacon etc.. You can go outside to get something from the Show Grill and there they make a delicious omelette and pancakes! Food at lunch time and evening dinner is delectable too consists of a lot of rice. It's a great hotel for kids there is always something to do when it's sunny outside that is, night-time entertainment is great too you're wanting more of a adult entertainment show/act I suggest you go to the Cettia Apartments as they have better adult entertainment! I'll be returning to the Grand Cettia in July/August for the seventh time this year! Hope this review is helpful!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank FloridaAddicted1
Reviewed January 17, 2013

we came to the cettia last year end of may (2012) ,we were a party of 16 friends and family kids and adults,we had a brilliant time,the hotel is lovely an clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful,before we went i read reviews on the hotel and to be honest some of them were just pathetic and nit picky ,the rooms are cleaned and fresh towels every day the food was nice and always a good variety and we had a vegatarian in our pty !!!!!! there is pleanty of entertainment goin on day and night which we all enjoyed ,i have been to turkey several time now always to marmaris and have never been to the same hote twice but we are returning to the cettia again this year as the kids didn't want to go anywhere else ,21 of us this time....... and we cant wait, hopefully coco, jake, and jesus(entertainment staff) will be there again too as they were brill ,

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family