“A wonderful hotel”

Ranked #133 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We went to this hotel on may 2012 , we had read previous reviews so had mixed feelings , but as soon as we walked into a spotless reception it was the start to a fantastic relaxing fortnight . The management and staff cannot do enough for you and they never stop cleaning . The food is excellent if a bit limited but what do you expect in a small hotel , they cannot afford to do it on the scale of the big hotels , everything was well cooked and well presented .we were so pleased to have chosen this hotel that there is a big possibility we will return next year , thank you to all staff at the hotel .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Jeanette H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

When you stay at the Asli it truly is at your own risk. My girlfriend and I went for 7 nights with another couple and, from minute one, it was one disappointment after another.
Our transfer from Dalaman Airport to the hotel arrived in Marmaris at 3am and we were happy to get into what was a very clean and shiny reception with a smartly dressed guy behind the counter. However, the smiles soon disappeared when TJ, the 'part owner' (as he introduced himself) appeared and told us that the rooms we had booked 5 months ago weren't ready/available! A bottle of complimentary wine was promised (but never received) as a sweetener. He told us that he 'part owned' another hotel just around the corner and that we would have to spend our first night there.
So there we were with all our bags, marching through the backstreets of Marmaris at gone 3am to what can only be described as dirty, rundown flea pit!
After checking in, just happy to get a bed for the night we were shown into a Twin Room (we had payed for a double). We soon found we werent alone...a dead cockroach was our room guest!
After we hurriedly left that place the next morning we finally got our rooms at Hotel Asli. These once again were Twin and not Double Rooms! However both our room and our friends room both had views of the sea and reasonable sized balconies (the hotel is in a very good location!)
Before I get to the main point of this review, I'll tell you about the food. If you can guess what it is (coz the staff don't seem to know), then by all means try it but I'm afraid you'll be left wishing you had eaten out instead. If you like chicken and chips and you can't get enough of watermelon, then your in luck! However 7 days of it gets real old real fast.
My advice, eat out as much as your budget will allow.
Now onto the thing that you really need to know...
The cleaning staff at the Asli are a bunch of theives!!
Each of the rooms have a Safety Deposit Box in the wardrobe into which my gf and I locked away both our passports, cameras and iPhones as you would.
With the first 24hrs, on the first day that the maids cleaned our room, we soon discovered that my gf's iPhone had been stolen from the locked safe!!
After turning our room upside down for over an hour and checking the safe (which is only tiny) many times, and having at that point never taken it out of the room, I went down to reception to report the matter and ask who on site has keys the the Safes in the rooms?
I had spoken to the man at reception previously and knew his English was not too bad, however very quickly he seemed to lose the ability to speak it!
I asked him twice if the maids have keys to the Safes and was told yes and then no. I asked him to check the security cameras (as there was one right outside our room), but he would not allow me into the back office. I demanded to speak with the owner and was told he was in Holland! And the manager was uncontactable until tomorrow!
He promised me that in the 4yrs he had worked there that there hadn't been a single incident of theft and gave the impression of finding my accusations preposterous!
After a night spent comforting my gf, whose holiday was being totally ruined, we had come to accept that it was gone and we should try not to let it spoil the rest of our holiday. After spending the next day on the beach, which is crowded but very clean and the water is lovely...we went back to the Asli for a shower and to get changed to go out for the evening.
I asked my gf to put my camera into the safe for me and when she opened it...sitting right there in the middle of the safe was her iPhone!!! We debated for a long time as to the 'what's and whys' of how it reappeared in a locked safe...one that had been thoroughly searched by both of us many times?!
We finally decided that the fuss we made and the fact that only us and the cleaners had been in the room had prompted the management to talk to the maids and tell them if they had taken it, to replace it or face the sack?! This is speculation but the fact remains it was stolen and then returned, without a word from anyone at the hotel!!
For the rest of our stay we were treated with a certain bad attitude by the staff and given some filthy looks by the cleaners, making for an uncomfortable atmosphere!
It boils down to this...
If your taste buds don't work you'll love the food.
The staff are really rude.
You have to put your used toilet paper in a bin next to the toilet and not flush it coz the toilet will block and you will be fined for it.
Paranoia about your valuables going walkies is a real drag when all you wanna do is relax.
Bottom line, find somewhere else to stay and watch your back in Turkey in general, they will try and be your best friend but they are only after your Lira and Sterling.
I hope you took the time to read this review because everyone deserves to go on holiday, relax and be looked after, but you will get neither relaxation or good service at the Asli Hotel, Marmaris.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank AOO3

Travelers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Cowdenbeath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Location of the hotel couldnt be better..20 mtrs from Beach and everything you need on your doorstep. 25 min walk to marina. All inclusive was Excellent value for money with a decent choice of food on offer. Lots of fresh fruit and salads along with a choice of hot meal, soup etc. Drinks from bar no hassle like other places we have been in past (only 2 drinks at a time) Choice of beer, soft drinks, wines and Spirits.
Staff very friendly even though not all great at English but a smile goes a long way. We stayed in room 210 which was a family room with 2 balconies and paid for the air con which we left on 24 hours a day..which was needed as temp was up at 45 C so well worth the cost. Hotel is very clean and rooms are of a good standard for 3 star. Bar and restaurant out the front isnt part of all inclusive but very good priced compared to other places nearby. Overall a top holiday and will visit again in the future.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the air con as it is well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
kaunas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Best thing about this hotel is location, center is just 10 minutes of walk and sea you can see from the balcony. Food is great, we've been here in July, maybe for that reason there was plenty of vegetables and fruits. Good soups. Rooms are quite good, just shower is not very comfortable to use, small and water runs everywhere. Stuff is friendly and always ready to help, answer questions etc. I'd like to come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was 209. Sun here is only in the morning, also from the corner you can see the sea.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pagerintoji
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

From start to finish there are so few faults that it’s pointless me telling you them, but for a fair review I guess I need to!

The food was some what bland, but the variety is awesome, fruits, yoghurts, juices, savoury and sweets.

The air con is on only for set periods of the day, but you are able to pay for it to be on all day at a cheap price. (I couldn’t say as a result of the price changing)

And that’s all!

Everything else which is great about the place;

The room is spacious enough for two people and balcony complete with every room, you are with in 20 meters of the beaches, and the pool is very nice considering how hot Turkey is!

There are many shops, restaurant, pharmacies and hair salons in and around the areas.

I recommend book excursions through the tour guide (He will look after you and do better deals) (With insurances)

Lastly the staff were brilliant, most of them don’t speak great English, but a smile is the same in every language! They would mess around with me and my partner, push me in the pool when I would not be looking!

The staffs made us feels like King of Kings and Queen of Queens.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same just location of sea or land.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank BrianRiach
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I with my three friends (all girls) stayed at Asli Hotel and it was amazing!! The place is nice and clean, always being cleaned and staff are attentive all the time. Staff are very very polite and even though some may not be able to speak fluent English, they do try their best! For the price we paid for all inclusive, we were not disappointed. Right from check in to check out 7days later, it was brilliant! For all inclusive alcohol, they have vodka, red/white wine, raki with english fizzy drinks (lemonade etc). Dont be put off cos what u normally drink isnt there, you will make do! lol the pool is lovely and the beach is literally on your doorstep. The location is so convenient for anyone who hates travelling too much when on holiday (me!) the beach, watersports and various restaurants and clubs are on your left and the main shops, supermarkets, restaurants and souvenir shops (24hrs!) are on the right! For young people looking to go to the infamous bar street it is a 20-30min walk away but when the weathers so nice it feels shorter- we however cos we were lazy were pleased to find that there was a FREE shuttle bus every night from asli to bar street and the same shuttle bus would pick us up at 3am and drop us back to asli! You really cant go wrong with this hotel, I cant wait to go back there next year! - only one negative and that is the food, my friends being non-vegetarian had no problem they were happy but as a vegetarian u find the only thing they serve is egg, chips, salad (egg being main course)!-scrambled, omelette but that seems to be the case everywhere. But food is cheap everywhere anyway and with so many places around to eat (mcd's and burger king not far at all) it isnt a problem anyway.
Please do pick this hotel because it is amazing all round- best part being location! Also anyone goin here, if you love water sports do go to the watersports hut directly next to the hotel- amazing people and experiences!
Have fun and thank you ASLI!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chand K
Portsmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We are here now at the Asli and we are very grateful to be here. We weren't booked here, we were booked at the Sun Beach which is on the beach with lovely staff - sadly the only two acceptable attributes. The Asli is charming, very very clean, smashing room with good facilities - having literally just voted with our feet - we inspected the room before even negotiating with the very polite man on reception. The ambiance is clean efficiency and very calm. The gulf of difference in the standards was worth forking out for - never under-estimate how important a good room in a good hotel is. Hilariously we can actually see the room and hotel we left to be here and we are very happy indeed. We have decent storage, working and clean fixtures and fittings - a fridge and bar no less, a small bit very clean bathroom. We've yet to sample breakfast.... but we're confident they can deliver.

• Stayed May 2012