“Brilliant Hotel”

Ranked #191 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Leicester
“Brilliant Hotel”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel My Dream is a lovely hotel in Marmaris, situated just outside of the centre of Marmaris which is ideal if you want to good nights sleep!
The rooms are very spacious and cleaned everyday, with fresh towels changed every other day. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and are always on hand to help out. (Unfortnately my partner had a reaction to asprin out there and was rushed to the hospital). The staff called out a doctor straight away and made our stay as comfortable as possible.

The beach is about 2 mins walk away from the hotel, with bars and restaurants lined up ready to pounce on you to get your custom.
The pool was very clean and sun loungers were available throughout the day.

We booked the hotel for B&B but as it was so cheap and the food was so good in restaurants we never needed a breakfast in the morning!

I think this is a perfect hotel for anyone looking for a relaxing quiet holiday, with attractions within walking distance!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eccles20

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Llanelli, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Read all reviews about this pit b4 you think of booking because its cheap: when myself & my family arrived we were pleasantly surprised,the reception looked fab,but looks can b deceiving,the hotel manager told us we had to walk up 3flights of strairs as the lift was out of order & was waiting to be fixed late afternoon(he didn't say what afternoon).we got in to our room & we were absolutely mortified,dirty bedding no bed for my 8yr old son,thread bear towels & very smelly,the little fridge didn't work & the tiles were all chipped on the balcony!i went down stairs to speak to the manager & he kept me waiting 20mins b4 he even acknowledged me,I was very calm wen I spoke to him to complain & his reply was sorry its not up to you're standered but wat do u want me to do about it,my blood boiled!as it was morning when we arrived we were all tired & fancied breakfast as it was an all inclusive holiday,to my dismay they had only foreign food no cereals, no toaster for the bread & 1001 different cheeses,when I looked around the restraint a lady & her family advised me not to Eat anything,she explained the buffet breakfast was from last nites evening meal & by the
Look of if it was all over the floors as well,so lunch time I could see for myself but my husband said lets try it so we did with disastrous results,my husband was ill for 3 days,he didn't leave the room,I went to a little shop next door to buy him iced water & when I was seen brining it into the hotel I was told not to bring it in(I pretended not to hear him)I was followed up to our room,the manager knocked the for nearly breaking it down whe I opened it & asked me where the bottles were I replied in the fridge,he said it was not for drinks to be kept in,so what's a fridge for he said only guests who pay for mini bars,all the time he was ranting at ma he didn't see my husband in bed,boy was he in for a shock up he got & pushed him out the door,with this my son was hysterical crying because the manager upset us all.ifound a rep & explained all that had gone on & he spoke to the manager said none of these events ever happened.we met a man & his son who was the same age as mine & I was happy to see my son happy he'd found a freind so it took his mind off things,we also met a lady & her daughter,so we all decided to stick together for the rest of the holidays,we bought all our food from the poolroom bar as this was separate from the hotel,we only slept at the hotel all 3 family's stuck together,when talking to the bar staff they told us everybody complained about how the guests were treated by all hotel staff & even the rep.i rang the holiday company who said they would re-embere us with the all inclusive money as we unable to eat anything at the hotel, to this day I haven't had a penny back,if I didn't know where to eat or where to go as I've stayed in this resort many times before I think I would have gone mad,please be very careful we considering this hotel,oh yes & to add to it all I had a mobile phone bill of £124.80 for all the calls I made complaing.be warned this hotel is not anywhere 4star,it shouldn't have any rating let alone be in any brouchers & it should be called My Nightmare hotel!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Linda S

Travelers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

They destroyed ALL our holiday. I don't know where to start ! Once u step there get ready to lose your holiday for ever ! DON'T STAY THERE is my simplest advice. It's dirty all over. Never get any service unles we pay a bribe. No one speaks engilsh broken lifts. Disgusting food I had a worm in my salad.

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank Earlybird_eye
leeds
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just want to star by expressing my dismay at the positive comments left about this hotel. All i can think of anyone who reckons they enjoyed this hotel must be of VERY low standards. I do not usually go for splashing out on a nice hotel when on holiday as I did not see the point since I would be spending most of my time outside the room, however, on this occasion proved to have been the gratest mistake which ultimately ruined our holiday (mw and my partner). Whilst Ali and his colleague were great and kept you entertained, the hotel itself could have featured on holiday from hell, we were there for 7 days and our bedding was only ever changed once! I physicaly had to screw our bedding into a ball, once i realised that yet again our room had to been touched, and dumped it on reception desk where a female member of staff (who did not speak a word of english, nor did anyone else in the hotel for this mater) just gazed at me without offering clean bedding. The hotel owner/manager was the creepiest, dullest person I had ever met and on 2 occasions found him messing about in our room as he clearly just let himself in claiming to be looking for a towel that fell from upstairs, funny thing is he left room empty handed as this mysterious towel was no where to be seen... All these are pure facts and at no point of this review am I exagerating. What is even worse is that you are surrounded by amazing looking hotels yet this particular one is dirty, run down, breakfast was shocking to the point where we went all week without it even though paid for it in advance. you are sontantly pestered by these massage folk (they rent their premises from the hotel) constantly bothering you to pay for a massage, and when I said I was not interested I was told that they had to pay rent end of month and that i needed to help them! couldn't complain to anybody as no one spoke english which for me was strange as it is full of english people. Other than this terrible hotel, the resor itself is not for couples I do not think, creeps and people constantly bothering you to buy stuff and drink at their bar, everytime you go for a sunlounger some shady figure appears claiming to own them and wanting money out of you, regardless of where you go!! it is all about money money money. If they do not sense you will give them a sensible tip they will ignore you or do very little for you. Word of advise... I hope you do not fall for this horrible hotel, in fact I wouldnt advise you to go to Marmaris at all it is horrible, but if you do want to go then keep away from this hotel, pay that extra 80 pounds and stay somewhere decent. Oscars great place for food and also allens grill in icemeler, fantastic clean and resonably priced.

Room Tip: If this place is the last hotel standing and you have no other choice then ask for a sea view room a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank skander
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having spent three weeks,from the 6th sept to 28th sept,at my Dream Hotel with my wife.our room was spacious (pool view) staff friendly and always willing to help.Rooms Cleaned daily,which i must say we had the friendleness maid,she made us laugh everyday.Having been to marmaris twenty six times i would say the hotel is one the best we have stop at.Infact we have booked up for 2013 already.

Room Tip: try for a pool view get some good viewof the bay and tip the maid early in holidays
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank thenumber1bull
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Once again My Dream delivered everything we expected it to. We arrived at 2am and were greeted by the night porter, who to say the least was more than helpfull, he allocated us our room and helped us to the room with our luggage then reset the in room safe for us. We got a few hours sleep then went down for breakfast, my dream does a normal turkish breakfast (as most turkish hotels do) nothing fancy, but you can get nescafe coffee,fresh bread and boiled eggs a selection of cold meats and cheeses plus usually something the chef has made on the hot plate.
The rooms are carpeted and have air con for which there is a charge,the choice is simple if you want air con pay for it if you don't, don't pay for it. our sheets were changed every two days and towels daily and the room was spotless. If you need anything for your room just ask the room maid (a few lira wouldn't do much harm in helping this cause they are on low wages compared to england).
We found all the staff friendly and helpful from the front desk to the pool bar and upstairs.
We have stayed at My Dream on many occasions but the last time was five years ago, i've read many of the reviews and wondered what could have happened to the hotel to get such bad reviews, the old management has gone the new management is bringing this beautiful hotel back to its former glory, a lot of work is going to happen throughout this coming winter to ensure this.
I have been back home for less than a week and have already booked My Dream for next year.
Many thanks to Hasan and everyone at My Dream for a great holiday.

Room Tip: the hotels best side is overlooking the pool as these rooms face the sea.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We loved our stay at My Dream Hotel and did not want to come home. Marmaris is a lovely resort and my favourite out of the other resorts I have stayed in Turkey. We arrived late evening and were shown to our room by one of the receptionists. Unfortunately it was not what we expected as we had paid for an upgrade, we informed reception who said another room would not be free until 10am the next day. We moved rooms and wow what a view, fantastic. Rooms were better than expected after my previous stays in Turkey, bathroom clean and spacious. Balcony was large with two chairs and table, adequate for our needs. We only had breakfast once even though we booked b&b, it's so cheap to eat out. The reception foyer has plenty of seating with tv screens. Wifi is free downstairs but the receptionist gave us the code for the Golden Rock hotel across and we were able to get this through out.
Bar staff were very friendly, especially Ali, so funny....pool nice size but could have done with a clean up around the pool. Plenty of free sunbeds, you get the usual towels out at dawn situation.....
Hotel had a gym which my partner used, far too strenuous for me....
My only real gripes would be the 1. the hotel manager who I might add we thought he was the odd job man, looked very scruffy and had a bad bo problem 2. We asked how much it would be to keep the room on(we got two prices as we asked different staff on reception) not good customer service. After we paid to keep said room on we were approached the day after by one of the receptionists asking why we had not vacated the room, luckily we had asked for a receipt which we promptly showed him,bearing in mind it was the same receptionist that we paid the money to.

Some fabulous hotels in Marmaris and we will definitely be back next year.

Lots of choices to eat out, lovely food and friendly waiters.

Sad to be back.......