“No place on earth can be that bad !”
Review of Hotel My Dream

Hotel My Dream
Ranked #201 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

They destroyed ALL our holiday. I don't know where to start ! Once u step there get ready to lose your holiday for ever ! DON'T STAY THERE is my simplest advice. It's dirty all over. Never get any service unles we pay a bribe. No one speaks engilsh broken lifts. Disgusting food I had a worm in my salad.

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank Earlybird_eye

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just want to star by expressing my dismay at the positive comments left about this hotel. All i can think of anyone who reckons they enjoyed this hotel must be of VERY low standards. I do not usually go for splashing out on a nice hotel when on holiday as I did not see the point since I would be spending most of my time outside the room, however, on this occasion proved to have been the gratest mistake which ultimately ruined our holiday (mw and my partner). Whilst Ali and his colleague were great and kept you entertained, the hotel itself could have featured on holiday from hell, we were there for 7 days and our bedding was only ever changed once! I physicaly had to screw our bedding into a ball, once i realised that yet again our room had to been touched, and dumped it on reception desk where a female member of staff (who did not speak a word of english, nor did anyone else in the hotel for this mater) just gazed at me without offering clean bedding. The hotel owner/manager was the creepiest, dullest person I had ever met and on 2 occasions found him messing about in our room as he clearly just let himself in claiming to be looking for a towel that fell from upstairs, funny thing is he left room empty handed as this mysterious towel was no where to be seen... All these are pure facts and at no point of this review am I exagerating. What is even worse is that you are surrounded by amazing looking hotels yet this particular one is dirty, run down, breakfast was shocking to the point where we went all week without it even though paid for it in advance. you are sontantly pestered by these massage folk (they rent their premises from the hotel) constantly bothering you to pay for a massage, and when I said I was not interested I was told that they had to pay rent end of month and that i needed to help them! couldn't complain to anybody as no one spoke english which for me was strange as it is full of english people. Other than this terrible hotel, the resor itself is not for couples I do not think, creeps and people constantly bothering you to buy stuff and drink at their bar, everytime you go for a sunlounger some shady figure appears claiming to own them and wanting money out of you, regardless of where you go!! it is all about money money money. If they do not sense you will give them a sensible tip they will ignore you or do very little for you. Word of advise... I hope you do not fall for this horrible hotel, in fact I wouldnt advise you to go to Marmaris at all it is horrible, but if you do want to go then keep away from this hotel, pay that extra 80 pounds and stay somewhere decent. Oscars great place for food and also allens grill in icemeler, fantastic clean and resonably priced.

Room Tip: If this place is the last hotel standing and you have no other choice then ask for a sea view room a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank skander
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having spent three weeks,from the 6th sept to 28th sept,at my Dream Hotel with my wife.our room was spacious (pool view) staff friendly and always willing to help.Rooms Cleaned daily,which i must say we had the friendleness maid,she made us laugh everyday.Having been to marmaris twenty six times i would say the hotel is one the best we have stop at.Infact we have booked up for 2013 already.

Room Tip: try for a pool view get some good viewof the bay and tip the maid early in holidays
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank thenumber1bull
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Once again My Dream delivered everything we expected it to. We arrived at 2am and were greeted by the night porter, who to say the least was more than helpfull, he allocated us our room and helped us to the room with our luggage then reset the in room safe for us. We got a few hours sleep then went down for breakfast, my dream does a normal turkish breakfast (as most turkish hotels do) nothing fancy, but you can get nescafe coffee,fresh bread and boiled eggs a selection of cold meats and cheeses plus usually something the chef has made on the hot plate.
The rooms are carpeted and have air con for which there is a charge,the choice is simple if you want air con pay for it if you don't, don't pay for it. our sheets were changed every two days and towels daily and the room was spotless. If you need anything for your room just ask the room maid (a few lira wouldn't do much harm in helping this cause they are on low wages compared to england).
We found all the staff friendly and helpful from the front desk to the pool bar and upstairs.
We have stayed at My Dream on many occasions but the last time was five years ago, i've read many of the reviews and wondered what could have happened to the hotel to get such bad reviews, the old management has gone the new management is bringing this beautiful hotel back to its former glory, a lot of work is going to happen throughout this coming winter to ensure this.
I have been back home for less than a week and have already booked My Dream for next year.
Many thanks to Hasan and everyone at My Dream for a great holiday.

Room Tip: the hotels best side is overlooking the pool as these rooms face the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We loved our stay at My Dream Hotel and did not want to come home. Marmaris is a lovely resort and my favourite out of the other resorts I have stayed in Turkey. We arrived late evening and were shown to our room by one of the receptionists. Unfortunately it was not what we expected as we had paid for an upgrade, we informed reception who said another room would not be free until 10am the next day. We moved rooms and wow what a view, fantastic. Rooms were better than expected after my previous stays in Turkey, bathroom clean and spacious. Balcony was large with two chairs and table, adequate for our needs. We only had breakfast once even though we booked b&b, it's so cheap to eat out. The reception foyer has plenty of seating with tv screens. Wifi is free downstairs but the receptionist gave us the code for the Golden Rock hotel across and we were able to get this through out.
Bar staff were very friendly, especially Ali, so funny....pool nice size but could have done with a clean up around the pool. Plenty of free sunbeds, you get the usual towels out at dawn situation.....
Hotel had a gym which my partner used, far too strenuous for me....
My only real gripes would be the 1. the hotel manager who I might add we thought he was the odd job man, looked very scruffy and had a bad bo problem 2. We asked how much it would be to keep the room on(we got two prices as we asked different staff on reception) not good customer service. After we paid to keep said room on we were approached the day after by one of the receptionists asking why we had not vacated the room, luckily we had asked for a receipt which we promptly showed him,bearing in mind it was the same receptionist that we paid the money to.

Some fabulous hotels in Marmaris and we will definitely be back next year.

Lots of choices to eat out, lovely food and friendly waiters.

Sad to be back.......

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Me and my mum stayed at mydream for a week! Overall we had a really nice time. When we first got there we didnt have any toilet roll and the shower curtain wasnt upto much so we went to complain to reception who were really apologetic and fixed the problem straight away! Our rooms were cleaned and had a supply of fresh towels everyday. We went bed and breakfast here. I have to be honest, the breakfast wasnt up to much at all, just a typical continental breakfast. I did speak to the hotel owner about this and he said he was going to change it, not sure when though or what he's going to add to it!
Overall I think the bar staff make this hotel especially Ali! They're all really friendly, speak really good english and cant do enough for you! If your a Micheal jackson fan, Ali dances exactly like him!!
In marmaris itself, there are a lot of people who try and hassle you to do the trips! I went on the turkish bath trip which was organised by the rep that comes to the hotel. Id never had a turkish bath before and didnt have a clue what to expect. The place they took us was dirty and we seemed to sit around waiting a lot then when it was finally your turn it was very quick (5 mins) The lads that worked there were very unprofessional and hassled a lot to get photographs and were VERY inappropriate with the girls. Anyways I got talking to Ramazan who runs the spar at mydream and he managed to persuade me to have a turkish bath and massage at the hotel later in the week which was about £35 altogether! OMG it was AMAZING!! My turkish bath lasted about 45 mins and then had a full body massage with chocolate oil that took about an hour which was heavenly! The masseuse was very professional and knew exactly what he was doing. He actually teaches massage in Thailand and he fixed my aches and pains so if your gonna have a turkish bath id strongly reccomend that you have one at the hotel rather than go out!! Also if your a gym fanatic, there is a gym at the spar which is something that I wasnt aware of and wish i had known about it earlier in the holiday!

Room Tip: Room with a sea view is a must!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank legojuice85
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed here one week with my husband and his family, 2 separate rooms. Both rooms views were outstanding. Was dreading staying here after the mixed reviews. The furniture needs updating broken draws etc. The rooms were cleaned everyday. I had breakfast once as I'm a fussy eater, all they had was salami olives and cheese. The man behind reception didn't speak English but was very pleasant. Theres FREE wifi in reception-bonus. Recommend the boat trip. Overall enjoyed staying but was hardly in the hotel

• Stayed: August 2012