“Definatly not a 4 Star!!!!!”
Review of Hotel My Dream

Hotel My Dream
Ranked #199 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed August 24, 2011

i went with friends, location was perfect next to the beach, shops close by.... etc, but the hotel was more like a 2star.... On arrival at the hotel, we was told there was no room for 6.... only 1 room available, and aparantly we had only booked for 5?!? after arguing with them from 5am to 7am we finally got 2 rooms, were 4 ended in 1 room and 2 in another as we was so tired and could not be bothered to argue no more. Lady at reception was very helpful, Manager was rude and arrogant.... rooms were never cleaned on a daily basis, i ended up taking toilet roll and towels my self from the storage cupboard as after asking reception so many times..... poolside bar staff where very nice, some of them used to Chill with us t the pool till the early hours of the morning.. Hotel definatly needs refurbishment, and the manager needs management skills
ohhh and the spa downstairs............. No Go....... unless you want to be checked out and talked about by the women there

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We have been back for 10 days now, I wouldnt say I would never go back there, but it wasnt the greatest. Majority of the staff are really friendly, especially the bar staff and receptionists.
The rooms are very basic but did the job, I didnt hear the cockeral I have heard about (but we were 4 floors up). The cleaner didnt come in everyday (I tipped her on the first day to keep her sweet....it didnt work lol) but as soon as I mentioned this to reception (twice) we then got clean towels and sheets changed etc.
I thought the air conditioning was very expensive, I tried 2 nights without it, then gave in. I was still charged 90 lira for 5 days though. On the day we were leaving, we werent getting picked up until 21.00 so we paid 70 lira to keep the room and they then turned off the air conditioning. After complaining at reception, I was given 25 lira back.

It is a good location however and it has some lovely restaurants nearby. Happy Holidays.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicksta50
Reviewed July 19, 2011

visited my dream hotel early july with friends and first impressions were that the hotel is in a good position and entrance very nice. however the first thing was that they messed our booking up and the attitude was unhelpful. after that being sorted we were shown to our rooms. these are a little tired and very basic . tables badly marked and bit worn . next problem was there were no towels no toilet paper no plugs for bath or sink, the fridge didnt work and the carpet had nail cuttings on it from previous occupant. After about seven visits to reception and as many promises we got towels and toilet paper but the fridge was never fixed and it took four days to get a plug. The breakfasts were adequate but halfway through breakfast the large plates ran out, and everyone had breakfast on saucer sized plates.
Staff were apologetic and worked very hard, they were polite and pleasant but seemed to be immune from the impatience of the guests. probably heard the same complaints a hundred times a day.
the hotel has a lot of potential if there was enough eguipment and basic services but the stained carpets and grubby furniture along with seemingly lack of management lets the hotel down. it is only truly a two star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank mybonnybee
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The hotel is clean enough if you are in your twenties and looking to party and chill out on the beach I would not recommend it if your misses loves cleaning she won't be happy, the “clean" pillows smelt and the sheets was stained. Cracked and smashed windows dotted about and the carpet through out the hotel has more stain patches then a Dalmatian dog. Was not happy with the 1st couple of days in the hotel as I was supposed to have my own room I found out after a long 7 hour jurney to find out that they were fully booked and they did not have my room ready witch I already paid for a year before. Annoyingly I had to share with my parents and eneded up on a camp bed with wooden slats missing. I had to put up with this for 3 days then finally with enough nagging they gave me a room, the toilet was not flushing and the water was not going down the sink howl. It seems to me that they over book on purpose and because there is another 3 hotels in the branch they swap customers aound to different hotels until they have a room availabul for them. This also happened to my auntie and her partner who had their 3 year old son with them. They got sent to another hotel 15 minuets away witch they had to pay for. so overall the hotel is a bit of a downer but I can not stress enough that the location is buitiful with loads of great resaurants, bars and cafes. And the views are bliss. The people hear are very friendy and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011
3  Thank Scottb0121
Reviewed July 16, 2011

On arrival, we were shown to the room which were not very clean, but if using it as a base for going around was acceptabe for the price. It does say in the brochures that there is a fridge in the room, but it is only as good as a camping coolbox as we had the staff out to see it and we were told to take our drinks out as it was only to be used for medicines??? The food for half board is not good for most european travellers, lucky we took cereal for our kids as that is only what they could have for breakfast and the evening meal for half board was the leftovers from the morning and vice versa. We had a smell in our room , I will leave it to your imagination of what that smell was but it was coming from the open drains. I would not advise going to the spa as the owners family and freinds were sitting down there making derogatory remarks about how people (the female holidaymakers) were dressed and were very creepy. The best thing about the hotel is the outside bar where the guys there made up for the rest of the hotel by being very helpful and friendly. I will not be going back there. This is only a brief review, I could go on and on, but hope it is enough for you to be aware if you do end up booking there. We normally stay in Club Julian an that is a real 4star, My Dream is a self proclaimed 4 star, (maybe lucky to be awared a 2 star in my view), so please be aware of this when and if you book to go there.

Room Tip: Room views were OK, but we were overlooking the pool area so cant comment on other rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LindaSch0110
Reviewed July 14, 2011

we were also there last year.this year much better.at the begining of our holiday there was strange staff but a few days later the staff changed.the old staff back from last year the manager of the bar ahmet is good.he can speak good english.he can help as much as he can.if u got any problem around the pool he will do his best to sort out your problem.the room is nice and big like before.the area is good which is far from loud music part but not far from the center.the room is clean. the breakfast which you will have the same in most hotel but they can also do english breakfast by the pool.you just pay little more than 2 pound.you also need to pay air condition for each day.
all i can say im having more than what i pay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank mccloy2011
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Me and my partner stayed here from 22/6/11 - 29/6/11.
The hotel is classified as 4* but at best it is 2.5*. Initially it looks fairly attractive, open lobby area, cream walls, deep brown leather sofas and chairs but it was let down by a massive crack in the marble of the reception desk..held together at the edge by sellotape, a shatter in one of the glass lifts, reception staff who had trouble understanding English and self righteous maids who didn't appreciate us having paid to keep our room for a further 8 hours on our day of departure!

For the money we paid we were foolish to expect better than we encountered.

The Food: we paid for half board, and ate breakfast 4 times and the evening meal 2 times. Breakfast consisted of hard boiled eggs, fried strips of salami, cooked tomatoes with a slice of cheese on top and chips, or instead, cornflakes or salad. The coffee machine was out of order every time we went for breakfast and the alternative was strange tasting orange juice from a dispenser machine. Yuck!
The Evening Meal was a choice of a concoction of square meatballs in a runny sauce with long spaghetti and chips, with a vast array of salad and desserts that looked like they were coated with frog spawn..very strange.
Even stranger was that the German, French, Russian and Brazilian guests seemed to lap up the food and couldn't get enough of it. Different tastes clearly.

The Pool area was well maintained and looked quite attractive though the pool itself was very deep so not suitable for children. The poolside bar served reasonably priced hot meals and cold drinks during the day and was a nice atmosphere in which to unwind. Abdullah aka William Shakespeare was a lovely and friendly and had time for everybody.

The Room (201) was moderately sized, comprising firm but comfortable twin beds, a very useful small fridge, and was furnished with deep brown wood furniture: dado rail, bedside cabinets etc, and nice light golden curtains.
What spoilt it was the inch wide chunk out of the edge of one of the walls, the very noticeable chips on the chest of drawers, the wooden headboard held together by silicone sealant, the missing bulb out of one of the light fittings, the numerous cigarette burns along the middle of the net curtain, large marks on the sliding doors of the wardrobe.
In the Ensuite the sink and bath were both blocked - my partner accidentally left on the tap at the sink for 5 minutes and the bathroom was flooded. The sink could've also done with being sealed with a silicone sealant where it was sunk into the fittings.

The maids were in every day to empty the bin, wipe down the surfaces and change our towels - but frequently for ones dirtier than the ones being taken away. On three occasions I went through the whole supposedly clean pile of towels on the maid's cart (abandoned in the corridor) and it took 5 attempts to source a pair of towels that were actually clean and free from stains.
The bedding - I had to ask for this to be changed as this was not forthcoming and after 3 days of 40C heat they really needed changing..this was done reluctantly.

Customer Service was really not brilliant. Upon arrival, the night manager laughed at me when I asked to purchase a safe for the room for the week. Not a good start.
The daytime reception desk staff had a very limited understanding of English and my numerous visits to complain descended into charades. We finally got the safe for a cost of 40 lira for the week and managed to use the airconditioning in the room without paying the 90 lira price (we think the remote control was in our room by error thus allowing us to use it without reception's knowledge!)

In reception are signs forbidding guests to bring to the hotel pool or rooms any items bought at the supermarkets e.g. water, yet the hotel does not sell large bottles of water and the small 500ml bottles it does sell are very expensive. Be sure to take a rucksack to the shop if you want to take water back to the hotel!

On our final day, despite having paid an extra 50 lira to keep our room for a further 8 hours on our day of departure, the bolshy head maid tried to force us out of the room refusing to take no for an answer..cue another trip to the reception desk to play charades.
Nightmare!

Avoid Sonny aka Turkish Bath Salesman at all costs. Very rude and seeks out everyone who is pale skinned and a new guest to persuade you to have a 'my dream turkish bath'. If he hadn't hassled us so much we would've had one.

If you want a cheap hotel and are willing to withstand bizzare food, and complain quite a few times to get things done, then this is your dream hotel, but it wasn't ours!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple