“annoyed and decieved”
Review of Emre Beach

Emre Beach
Ranked #38 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed July 11, 2013

ARRIVAL..3/11july 2013 having had a long day getting there we arrived at gone 3am to be greeted by a night manager who told us we would be staying in the emre sister hotel over a busy main road,to say i was unhappy is an understatement as id read the reviews about them ALWAYS doing this to new arrivals so i emailed ahead about 3 days before to point out id booked and paid more more to stay in the emre beach and would like a room there,clearly made no difference, i was told "im night manager, i know nothing, you change in morning" i had to chase up the rep and get her to arrange a room swap, which took till about 12.30 then it wasnt cleaned so we had to wait till 3pm and subsequently we wasted half our first full day swapping rooms and unpacking,
FOOD.. was a bit repetative but thats expected with all inclusive, it was edible and I did manage to find something to eat which was good! . To be honest, if you are going to Turkey then be prepared to eat their food. you have to be open to trying new things. we never really ate many of the desserts as some of them were pretty tasteless, but some days there were a few nice things
,DRINKS were average; all-inclusive alcoholic drinks were limited. Beer, wine (red/white), vodka, gin, raki (Turkish spirit), and brandy. Having been to Turkey before I thought this was limiting as in other hotels there was more choice, but it didn’t matter too much.although i would swear the alcoholid watered down
LOCATION was lovely, right on the beach with loads of sunbeds,and lots of restaurants and shops close by to walk around,you have to check out the 3 brothers bar next door to emre on the beach, good laugh and lovely lads
The room itself was nice however storage for clothes let it down. Another downside is that the maids came to clean the room at about 5 in the evening which was too late as most people are up from the pool or the beach by then, all in all, marmaris is lovely but would i go back the emre beach...NO

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Emre Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam;

We are very sorry to hear you feel deceived, but please hear us out:

Our night manager is instructed to offer guests rooms at our sister Emre Hotel when the rooms with the good views are not available at Emre Beach Hotel. Please note that while we try to accommodate specific room requests as much as we can, that is not always possible, especially when the hotel is full. The Emre option is a way to make our guests, whose room requests could not be accommodated, happy.

The drinks included in the all-inclusive are spelled out in our info. sheets as well as our contracts with tour operators. We have explained many times here at TripAdvisor why the drinks could not be watered down, but following in your style, I would swear they are not watered down:)

The maids come in the morning, after breakfast time- but if you have a don't disturb sign, they'll come back in the afternoon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,358)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here for 10days from 28th june to 8th july , well what can i say the food was terrible, we had to eat out most nites , the tables cloths were disgusting , we had to tell them to change them when we got a table !!.I was just shocked at what was on offer ,i no it was only 4star , but my view was it was more like a 3star , our room was not cleaned ,they just made beds ,and never even had sheets on the top just a blanket ..... i got sheets then they took them away !!! When i asked for them again i never got them ,the bathroom was not mopped and you had a terrible smell in the rooms ,i would never stay there again ....It was a experiance the staff were poor , and one young girl told me a member of bar staff asked her out ,when she said no was very rude to her and made her fill uncomfortable , it is not a pick up joint for the Turkish Men who work there , the Management really need to address this porblem ,i would not like my daughter& her friends to stay , staff should have respect for the customers .... Don't think i would remend this Hotel to anyone , they need to sort staff and food it is not 4star ................

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank joanna w

Dear Joanna;

We appreciate that you have shared your views on Emre Beach Hotel with us.

While you don't detail your comments on the food, please note that our food is getting very high marks, thanks to some major changes in the menu, of late.

Our waiters change dirty tablecloths as soon as they see them, but they may not notice the dirty tablecloths right away when the restaurant is full. Since it seems that they changed your tablecloths when you told them, we are not sure why you were not satisfied.

Please note that the rooms are cleaned everyday; sheets and towels are changed every other day (everyday upon request). The sheet is actually under the blanket (bed cloth), which keeps the sheet clean. That's probably why the maid was surprised when you asked for an extra sheet.

Finally, please note that we ask our staff to treat guests with the utmost respect. We have zero tolerance for anyone who fails to do so. Asking guests out is unethical and unprofessional as well, and is especially not tolerated.

EMRE BEACH HOTEL

I booked this hotel through First Choice as the reviews it was getting seemed to be positive. I checked a week or so before we went and was a bit horrified at what i read. I contacted First Choice (no reply) to make them aware of what was being said, i even looked for other hotels to book in to.

So we went as a small group of lads and arrived in the early hours. Check in was quick and fine, no problems. The bell boy showed us to our room, the usual walk around - nice guy. There was no food or water in the fridge, something you'd expect from a supposed 4 star hotel in 30deg heat? You only get 1 key too which is a pain, but manageable.

The Room:

Smaller than it looks in the pictures but nice enough. Small bathroom, balcony, wardrobes, TV etc. There is a safe but you have to pay around 2 quid a day. (4 Star??) Wifi is also payable at 25TL Per PERSON for 7 days. (4 Star??)
Aircon was good, maid service was great, they were polite and smiled and said hi every day, fresh towels etc etc.

The Pool:

2 pools, a deepish and a shallow. Both are decent sizes. Sunbeds all around it. Some days it was easier to get a bed than others but we never had a problem. Everyone reserves with towels so you either join them or miss out. Beach was pretty busy especially the jetty but we got on there one day. Its nothing special. The pool bar is...well closed. It has a fruit and water drink machine but that's it. I thought that was poor. Avoid it unless you like the feeling of pouring bleach down your throat as the juice is a bit too concentrated, I diluted it anyway. Sunbeds are okish, some are broken but most are ok.

The Bar:

There is one main bar and a bar for meal times. Its stupidly busy at times and the staff are working double speed to serve people. Usual drinks on offer. I can see why some people say the vodka is watered down as it has little effect, I watched closely though and the bottles seem sealed. I think its all alright. Overall the bar experience (getting a drink) wasn't too pleasant. The seating area is nice however, great view nice furniture. They need to open the pool bar properly, they need a couple more bar staff too.

Entertainment:

I never took part or went to this but I understand it is the usual Karaoke, bingo, singing dancing shows. Lasted an hour or two. During the day there is darts and water polo, Dino the entertainment geezer will make you aware of that.

The Food:

In a word...AWFUL. I'm being fair here and it was truly horrible. My friend who is the least fussy guy ever when it comes to food almost broke down in to a dull sob one night and i nearly joined him. Breakfast is terrible, Tried it once and never returned. Lunch and dinner were not much better. Food was often cold, menus were made up of thrown together ingredients from previous sittings. Yes they had a BBQ style area but the queue was massive and greedy fudgers would snap it up before you could grab a plate. The night I did get there i thought i was picking up a nice steak but it turned out to be LIVER! from god knows what animal...I just presume it's from the stray cats that patrol the eating area outside. Seriously though...Liver??

We had to eat out some nights because we were just so hungry. The food really ruined the hotel for us as when you book an all inclusive package its something that really matters. We ended up eating bread and chicken nuggets and chips mostly. Credit where its due though, the salad bar was acceptable, heaps of Melon available too.

One issue with the restaurant area was that tables were never made up. I always had to source my own cutlery, staff do work hard though.

Staff:

Staff are mostly great and cheerful and have a laugh and work so so hard. They are rushed off their feet and work long hours. Bar staff can get a little cranky but I don't blame them when they have to rush so much and also deal with people that seem to have learnt their manners from baboons in a zoo.

Location:

If you complain about the location then its your own fault for not doing your research. It was my second time to Marmaris so I knew where I wanted to be. Its a nice location, 20mins walk from the beach bars, 15mins on the bus to bar street or 45mins walk (to sober you up at 5am). Great views, excellent scenery especially from the bar. The main road is at the back of the hotel and so the Dolmus (bus) is on your doorstep. There is a little supermarket thing at the back of the hotel too.

Summary:

Iv stayed in better 3star hotels than this alleged 4star. In fact we went passed our previous hotel from last time a few times and we were quite jealous.

Food really lets it down along with the extra charges, WIFI, safe, late checkout. I know this is normal in some hotels but i expected this one to be a step up from what I read and saw on the website. I don't know how they got a TripAdvisor certificate. I hope they take in to consideration what people are putting on here so that they can retain it!

I wouldn't come here again, i will pay an extra few hundred quid and get something much better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir;

We appreciate that you have taken the time to write such detailed comments on Emre Beach Hotel. We would like to address some of the issues you have raised.

We have a complimentary bottle of water for each guest upon arrival at the fridge, but other than that, the fridge is provided so that you can store your own food & drinks.

We state in our info. sheets as well as our contracts with tour operators, that there is a fee for WiFi and safe.

We have had huge improvements in the food of late, but I should note our food never made me sob- and as an owner, I always eat at the hotel. Our waiters make up the tables as soon as possible, but when the hotel is full, they may need a couple of minutes.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Emre Beach Hotel from the 28th June to the 5th July (this review is slightly long winded but honest if you would like to read a thorough review). After much deliberation in our Travel Agents, we decided to go ahead and book in February/March of this year. After telling the agents what we would like and how long we would like to go for, Emre Beach fitted to our criteria perfectly.

After booking we decided to look at the hotel online. However a few weeks before we were due to go, we looked at reviews and were shocked to what we were seeing, and problems that other travellers had come across, such as:
• Early morning arrivals being sent to sister hotel Emre Annexe
• Lots of cats around during meal times
• Rude staff
• Bad food/drink etc

After reading this we became worried about what we were letting ourselves in for, nevertheless we didn’t let this get to us too much.
After arriving at Dalaman airport at midnight, we took the 1.45 hour journey transfer to the hotel.

Arrival and Reception:
We arrived close to 2am, and were greeted by the man at reception desk, who was pleasant and quite informative. The check in was quick and easy and we were given our all-inclusive wristbands. (Note: You have to pay 50Lira if you lose it!) The reception itself was lovely. It had nice décor, very modern with lovely furnishings and fittings. It definitely had what you would expect from a 4* hotel.

Room:
Our room was on the first floor, and around the corner from the reception, but the bell boy on duty still took both of our cases to our room, and didn't expect a tip. The room was a good size, and had a double bed and a single bed (we didn’t use it as we were booked into a double room). The room had air-con which was free and the temperature was adjustable. The room also had a safe for a small charge of about £2 a day which is worth it if you want to keep your valuables safe. We payed for a safe and the bell boy came and set it up for us. After he finished, he stood and waited. Me and my partner looked at each other wondering what he was waiting for, when he simply said "safe serviiiice" and smiled. We gave him a small tip and he left, but we found it a bit rude that he asked.
We had a pool view with no balcony, just a glass gate-type of panel. Having no balcony was a bit of a shame as it would have been nice but we assumed it was for security but there was enough space to hang the wet towels and swimwear. The mini fridge/bar had 2 complimentary bottles of water in them, which we drank on the first day but they weren’t topped up again. The bathroom was also nice and very modern. In the hotel welcome pack we were told that the shower would take a few minutes to warm up. We put this down to maybe being solar heated, but it didn’t take too long to warm up to a nice temperature and it was very powerful. The television had a few English channels and mostly Turkish or other languages but you don’t go on holiday to watch TV. The beds were comfy and the sheets were changed every other day but made up every day. The room was also cleaned on a daily basis. Overall we were very happy with our room.

Pool/Beach:
There were two pools, which were both really nice, and there are normally sunbeds free, but if you want to be in the sun all day, make sure you are up early enough to get a bed in the middle of both pools. The other sunbeds are on the sides but after about 2pm they start to get a bit shaded.
The beach was also fairly nice. It’s a man-made beach and there were too many stones and pebbles to get into the sea, but ok if you do it quite quickly. There are quite a few sunbeds but they are normally all taken mid-afternoon so again if you want a day at the beach get down there earlier to avoid disappointment. There is a private pier also on the beach only for people staying at the Emre. We found that sunbathing on pier was nice as there was a nice breeze so would recommend that.

Food/Restaurant/Bar:
The restaurant was nice and big and there was always an area to sit in if you wanted some shade, as was the snack bar, but maybe a few more seats are needed? We were worried about the cat infestation that we read about, but this was not the case! We saw about 3 cats at the most at meal times. Yes the cats sometimes sat by the side of the table but if you don’t tease or attract them with food they move on quickly.
The food was the bit that we were most worried about after seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor. As I’m a vegetarian, I was very worried at what the hotel had to offer.
It is safe to say that I do not want to see anymore salad, chips or bread for a long time. But I did manage to eat which was good! I did find the vegetarian options very limiting every day, and rather repetitive, but there were some veggie options such as pasta salads and some vegetable dishes. My partner on the other hand didn’t have any trouble and managed to eat something different every day and thought that most of the dishes were quite tasty. To be honest, if you are going to Turkey then be prepared to eat the food. If you don’t like it, don’t go to their country, its simple. You have to be open to trying new things. We never really ate the desserts as some of them were pretty tasteless, but some days there were a few nice things. The best dessert is in the evening; the ice cream is lovely and so creamy!
The snack bar offer coffee, cake and biscuits from 5-6pm, which is always a nice treat before dinner and we most certainly took advantage of this. Being a snack bar and all-inclusive we were expecting snacks available throughout the day (after going to other all-inclusive hotels) but you have to pay so we were a bit disappointed with that.
Drinks were average; all-inclusive alcoholic drinks were limited. Beer, wine (red/white), vodka, gin, raki (Turkish spirit), and brandy. Having been to Turkey before I thought this was limiting as in other hotels there was more choice, but it didn’t matter too much. The beer was cold, and refreshing but perhaps watered down? The white wine wasn’t so chilled or refreshing. It was left out all day so was warm and not what you want with your meal or a nice drink in the bar, but we made the best out of the situation and had it with lemonade which was nice. There was a good variety of soft drinks, such as Pepsi, Fanta, lemonade, etc. They also had juices on a self-service tap by the pools and of course water. One negative though were the warm/hot glasses.

Entertainment:
Well the entertainment could be better, but we did enjoy some of the things that there was to offer. (The one man circus act was pretty good). Not as good as we thought it could have been, but needless to say we were entertained some nights. Bingo was fun and so was the music quiz, despite it being about 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.
Killer Darts in the morning is a bit of fun! Especially as the entertainment lady has such an infectious laugh! You always know when she’s around.

Location:
The location was lovely, right on the beach and lots of restaurants and shops close by to walk around. Marmaris town is where the lively nightlife and where bar street is, and only costs about 90p (2.50 TL) to go there by the local bus. Overall very good, but if you want a bit more nightlife rather than a relaxing quiet holiday stay in the centre of Marmaris. One place we would recommend is the Samdan restaurant which is about 3 minute walk from the hotel. We ate there once after not finding what we wanted at the hotel, and what a good choice it was! Entertaining, big meals, good variety, and lovely staff. Without a doubt recommend this! Yum!

Overall Emre Beach is a nice hotel if you want something nice and simple with a good location and lives up to its 4* status. The food needs to be thought about again (especially reading other reviews too), so people aren’t left disappointed. We had a very good holiday and enjoyed the sights of Marmaris, and we thank Emre for a nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AM2612
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Emre Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam;

We would like to thank you for having written such a detailed and informative review of Emre Beach Hotel. We are glad that you had a very good holiday and enjoyed your stay, and so perhaps we'll see you again next year...

Based on TripAdvisor comments as well as responses to internal & tour operator surveys, we designed a brand-new menu; today (July 10) was actually its first day. We are sure our guests will love the selection and quality.

Please note that the beer is from one of the two major suppliers in Turkey. Granted, it is not Belgian artisan beer, but it is certainly not watered down- it comes tightly sealed in barrels anyway so there is no way to water it down.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just came back from 7 days stay in emre beach hotel..The hotel has got really good location just on the beach we really like it! stunning view! Food wasnt great,specialy breakfast,not to much meat choices..very often food was cold.We had room facing on the swimming pools but still with a lovely sea view.Room was cleaned every day ,fresh towels every day but extremely small and bed was very small.After 5.00pm no hot water.We have arrived at 4.30 in the moring no food offered .Very poor evening entertainment.Hotel was very clean as well.Staff generally was nice and very helpful except lady who is the cashier in the bar. THE WORST WAS THAT THE HOTEL IS NOT PROVIDE SHOWERS for the guests who have been checked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so if your flight back is 1.50(like our was) you have to check out at 12.00 (midday) and if you are not buy late check out,you are not able take shower! they offered shower next to the swimming pool! manager send us to the gym area,but there they wanted money for shower! funny!we never had that trouble before!even seven years ago in 3 star hotel in grece! this is not 4 star hotel! so shame cause can be nice in so very nice area!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir or Madam;

Please note that the food is kept on heaters and its temperature regularly checked by our nutritionist on the premises.

We have hot water 24/7 at the hotel; maybe you experienced a short temporary problem.

Finally, please note that we do not have shower rooms, but we do offer a late-checkout for guests who are late flights.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

When me and my boyfriend booked this holiday the hotel had great reviews, however about a month before we were going the hotel seemed to take a turn for the worst and the reviews were terrible so we rang our helpline and they assured us everything was ok. Answers arrived at the emre beach the receptionist was a young man was very helpful, the bellboy then showed us tour room which was on the first row on the fourth floor and we had an amazing view of the bay and could just about see icmeler. The room itself was nice however storage for clothes let it down. Another downside is that the maids came to clean the room at about 5 in the evening which was too late as most people are up from the pool or the beach by then, therefore the room was cleaned a round 5 times in the two weeks we stopped there.
As for the food, we had absolutely no problems. We only ate out twice and that was because we went out for a walk to icmeler! They always had different things and did kebabs and had rotisserie chicken which was lovely! They had ice cream most nights and this was very nice!
The drinks were very basic and cocktails were not included but as we talked to many people from different hotels, it was the same in their hotels too so not just emre! The drink was fine, I had vodka and my boyfriend drank the beer and we didn't have a problem with it!
The beach and pools are both lovely and there are always sunless!
Al in all we had a lovely time, a holiday is what you make it and after seeing people sitting round being miserable I can see why they didn't enjoy it but that was not the hotels fault!
If your not expecting 5* luxury then I would definitely recommend giving the hotel a try as the location is perfect,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charlotte_louise92

Dear Charlotte;

We appreciate that you have taken shared your impressions of Emre Beach Hotel with us and TripAdvisor visitors.

We are very pleased to read that you had a lovely time and that you would definitely recommend Emre Beach Hotel. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

As with many other people we were not put in the beach hotel as booked for, the annexe is lovely but apart from the bar no other facilities. rude staff and no variety in the food. management need a huge shake up. the owners wife introduced herself to me as the manager and then was extremely rude to me when she realised I actually knew what i was talking about. other guests commented later on how rude she was. the staff at all levels seem to think the truth is not needed and if they lie to you they will get you out of their hair. Thomas Cook who we went with and other Travel firms need to take a good look at this destination. the rep was useless.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank satday

Dear Sir or Madam;

Please note that the staff and owners alike always treat guests with the utmost respect. In the incident you mentioned, the owner's wife simply told you she did not know the problem and told you that she would be calling the front desk manager to help you out. We honestly don't know who you found this to be rude.

We do have a dozen hot dishes and the same amount of cold dishes at dinner in addition to the large salad, fruit and dessert bars, and so we are surprised you thought there was no variety.