“An experience”
Review of Club Hotel Pineta

Club Hotel Pineta
Ranked #209 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have just arrived back from Hotel Club Pineta yesterday. I stayed here for 2 weeks with my boyfriend and another couple ages 21-24 from northern Ireland. On arrival I was very impressed with the grounds of the hotel i thought they were lovely, and the reception area was decent. Although when we were shown to our room thats where the problems started. The door of our room we were shown to was BEHIND another door, making it awkward to get in and out. Also the balcony door handle was completely broken off and we were unable to open this door. As if things werent bad enough our balcony was actually facing another balcony. After seeing our room we went straight downstairs and complained about it, they told us to come bak the next day to change rooms. We were given a couple of different room keys to have a nosy, some of the rooms were terrible. I told them we requested a pool view and they said they do have a pool view but with two single beds which was not a problem atall we just pushed them together and they were actually really difficult to move so you dont slip in between them. So in the end we were given a good room with a beautiful view of both pools. Rooms are basic but they have everything you need. The staff had absolutely no problem helping us change rooms. The other couple we went with were given a good room to start with so they had no problems. Soo now onto the food, first night we ate there i was not impressed one bit. However this was the only time i could find a problem with it because during the rest of the holiday i thought the food was absolutely fine. Infact most night we all enjoyed it. The breakfast was good offering fried eggs, scrambled eggs, different types of breads, cereals, although the milk is absolutely boggin it tastes watered down. We went to the supermarket to buy milk there but it was worse it just smelt like eggs and tasted sour so id avoid it altogether. Lunch was lovely they had different pastas and chips were always on offer. They had a huge salad bar and lot of different meats on offer chicken kebab some nights too most things were edible and im quite picky. Aswell as this they have snacks at around 3 oclock including chips sometimes pizza and burgers. Again around 5 there was more snacks these were like short bread biscuits. There was only a few nights we decided to eat out sometimes at breakfast if we wanted a little lye in we would go down the street you can get a english fry for 6 lira. As i said loved the grounds of the hotel pools were nice and clean it was always very busy too they always done pool games in the afternoon and a pool dance everyday which was fun. If you want a sun bed though 8 oclock in the morning is even cutting it close to be safe i would go down at 7. There are a few sneaky people too who decide to steal a sunbed or two so watch out. A little tip aswell if you decide to buy a lilo or a ball write your name on it because the Turkish steal like its goin outta fashion. Seriously if you dont nail it down t they will take it. The alcoholic drinks are not watered down atall and you can take as many as you can carry, except after 11.30 pm when two drinks are allowed per person. Sometimes they use tiny cups so i would recommend buying a slushie cup and using it. At night time though they tend to still use plastic cups but they are a bigger. If you throw in a few lira tip they fill your glass up with a good bit more vod. We didnt have a problem with any of the staff apart from one guy who worked at the hotel reception i dont know his name but he had glasses basically we came with another couple who stayed at a different hotel and he wouldnt let them in even though one of them was sisters with the girl staying in Pineta. They are very strict about letting outsiders into the hotel. Thats all i can really think of about the hotel at the minute. I was so scared about staying at Pineta because i was reading reviews literally every day untill we left to go here and some of the people who write them must make it their mission to scare the hell out of ya because its not even a quarter as bad as half the people on here make it out to be. If youve booked to go i would still look forward to it we all had a brilliant time and really miss it. Turkey itself is lovely and the hotel is in a great area.

• Stayed: August 2013
H_seyin_M2013, General Manager at Club Hotel Pineta, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for providing such a comprehensive review on your recent stay here at Club Hotel Pineta. We do try to honour any specific guest requests but unfortunately they can only be provided on an availablility basis. However, we are delighted that our reception staff were able to assist and provide a room that met your expectations. We are glad that you enjoyed the food as we do aim to cater for a wide variety of tastes and nationalities. Club Hotel Pineta does operate a strict policy on access to the hotel for non-residents. This is due to us operating an All Inclusive system and also for guest security. Many thanks for your honest opinion.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,343)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

After reading the reviews on here I was very concerned about what I would find, and even tried to change the hotel before I left. Unfortunately this was not an option so we had no choice but to try and make the best of what we had.

We arrived at 01:00 and on arrival I was starting to think I had no reason to worry, the outside looked clean and nice, the reception spacious and comfortable and the chap on the desk friendly and helpful. He took my details and showed me to our room, and I am afraid it is now the bad review starts.

Accommodation

Room provided was in block C, this is apparently a refurbished block and one I paid extra to stay in when an upgrade was not available. Our room was on the 6th Floor so the lift was needed, however it did not seem to work from the ground floor, the only way to call it was to go to the 1st Floor and get in press 0 and then it would go down, not ideal when you have cases and just want to get to your room, luckily the reception guy taken us to our room was able to work the puzzle out.

The room its self was to the back of Block C and was small, very basic, un clean and very low, I am 6ft 2in and had to duck a lot due to the low beams, imagine being in your attic at home and you have an image of the room. The bathroom was dirty and smelly with mould all around the shower tray, the toilet looked like it had not seen a toilet brush in the last year and in addition there was no offer of shower gel or soap. The balcony was small but ok so no real complaints there, however it did look directly into the room either side of us and opposite in the apartment’s below.

In addition the rooms where not very secure, the doors closed however did not lock very well and in addition some doors had gaps of about 1 inch wide, this did not make me feel very secure in the room

The décor was dated and poorly finished, for a block that was refurbished I was expecting maybe new carpets, freshly painted walls etc., however instead I got paint all over old and tied carpets, trip hazards on the stairs and hall way where carpets joined together and walls in magnolia paint however not finished well.

Meals (Well breakfast – we did not stay around long enough to try anything else)

After a very sleepless night due to the aircon in the room being very noisy and my concern over security we were looking forward to a good breakfast, unfortunately we did not get this. On offer there was cereal, toast, some hot food consisting on scrambled egg and hot dogs, fruits including water melon and drinks both hot and cold, the restaurant its self was not up to a very good standard, the floors and tables where dirty, next to the drink machine where marks from what looked like mould and the smell in the restaurant was one that out us off our food.

We decided to sit outside due to the smell however where surrounded my cats, I know the hotel cannot stop cats however they can prevent them, unfortunately this was not helped by the staff feeding them inside the restaurant, I say this after seeing a member of the restaurant staff bending over hand feeding a cat some ham.

At this point we could not stay at this hotel any longer, it would have ruined our holiday, to resolve this I asked at reception about the possibility of moving to the sister hotel around the corner, the pineta park Deluxe however she did not take kindly to this request and made me wait for the manager during which time she spoke with her friend in Turkish and pointing and staring at me.

We did finally get our move at a total of 650TL, about £220, however to be honest I would have paid more not to have stayed at this hotel any longer. It is the worst hotel I have stayed in and one I would not even recommend to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark W

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here on Trip Advisor. Our rooms do receive a fair degree of wear and tear due to high occupancy and back to back usage however we do aim to keep them clean and well maintained. We do try to discourage cats from entering the hotel however our biggest issue is guests in the hotel feeding them and thus encouraging them to return. We appreciate your candid views and honesty.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at the hotel, we was checked in within 15 minutes and went straight to the room. Our cases were brought up around 2 minutes later by a man in reception. The rooms were basic but cleaned daily. The cleaner brought fresh towels every day for us and cleaned around the room. We didn't usually go for breakfast as weren't hungry but when we did, there was a wide variety of food to chose from which suited all different cultures. Lunch was a variety of different foods but as the weather is so hot we didn't eat much. There were foods such as chicken, fish, beef, turkey, vegetables, pasta, rice and some other foods that I hadn't heard off but where nice to try. At 2pm after lunch, there are snacks on if you are feeling hungry and once the main food had gone they would bring cakes and biscuits which where very nice. Dinner started at 7pm usually but this was brought forward too 6:30pm on the last few days that I was there. People where queuing up outside waiting for dinner to start which I thought was greedy and a lot of the people that moan about food on here must have liked it as they all sat there with around 5 plates of food for one person. Sometimes the food was wasted. I found it better to go for dinner around 8pm because it wasn't as busy and there where less queues for the food. The drinks at the bar started at 10am and finished at 11:30pm. The cups where hard plastic which was safe for taking outdoors as this reduces accidents. Sometimes they would be in smaller plastic cups but you can take them back and get them refilled. At meal times we was given proper glasses for drinks. The bar staff where friendly but only one woman was nice. 2 of the women were rude but the others made up for it and where polite to me as I always said please and thank you. We wasn't interested in the entertainment because we sat by the pool with other families so we can't comment on that but from what I could here they all seemed to be having fun. There is a jewellers in the hotel which is the best place to get good quality gold for cheaper prices. If you want gold go to that one, don't trust people if they want to take you to buy something cheaper because they will get the money for it and charge you more. There was only one incident when we stayed and it was nothing to do with the hotel. There was an English family playing in the pool but had to sun umbrellas to use for when the children got out of the pool. There was a Turkish man sat reading and his was burning so he asked the english mans friend could he use one of the umbrellas but they said no because its for the children so he sat back down and didn't say anything. Half an hour later it still wasn't being used so the Turkish man took it and then the English man jumped out the pool and was pressing his chest against him aggressively which made him feel intimidated so the Turkish man butted him and they started to lunch each other. I think the English man should have borrowed it to him until the children needed it and none of that would have happened so we can't blame everything on Turkish people. Overall I enjoyed my stay and met some really nice people there and enjoyed speaking to the staff as they where very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013
H_seyin_M2013, General Manager at Club Hotel Pineta, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay here at Club Hotel Pineta. We do take guest security very seriously and operate a Zero Tolerance policy against violence to protect our guests, staff and partner travel agents. We appreciate your honest opinon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hi
We are booked into this hotel and arrive at the weekend. I booked as it said it had been renovated and that's what my booking says, Can someone let me know if it has indeed been renovated or have I been blagged. Thanks in Advance. I'm sure we will enjoy ourselves regardless.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Please be advised that there has been a new outside decked seating area added for 2013 and the lobby was refurbished in 2012. 70% of our rooms have been refurbished and will be provided in accordance with your reservation. We look forward to welcoming you to Club Hotel Pineta.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

hotel looked good from outside and reception looked good to.then to our family room.club hotel pineta renovated my a--.i would like to no what part was renovated.within 5mins of being in my room i was back at reception with my conformation and said my paper work says renovated,they said yes renovated 10 years ago,this was c block.rest of hotel wasnt any better.food ok found something to eat every day but wasnt the best but mind they catered for 5/6 nationalities inc there own.3 swimming pools all to deep for young kids that arent able to swim.pool depths 2 x 2.50 meters and 1 x 1.50 meters.this was all inclusive hotel.you have to pay for things for kids to do like,putting,tabel tennis,pool,playstation,air hockey and kids club didnt excist and the hotel wanted 50 lira to switch lights on for football park.not the hotel to take kids to.look for something much better than this hotel if your taking kids.dont go for turkish bath at hotel they rip you of.25 quid at hotel 10/11 quid outside hotel and dont go to the empourium restaurant another rip off.if you are booked in at hotel pineta and want to do some trips and saunas speak to fatih who will be in reception at pineta..good luck to one and all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you providing your opinion on your recent holiday here at Club Hotel Pineta. Our hotel had a new outside decked area built in 2013 and the lobby area was refurbished in 2012. 70% of our bedrooms were fully refurbished during the Winter of 2009/2010. We do have a rolling refurbishment programme which is on-going. Our food does cater for between 10 and 12 nationalities depending on the time of year. Thank you for honest comments and review.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Me and my girlfriend (Age 21) stayed at Club Pineta at the start of August 2013 for 1 week.

On arrival after transfer from Dalaman Airport, we checked into the hotel and our room. First impressions were a little disappointing, air conditioning was very poor - no more better than someone breathing cold air on you, air con did leak slightly, when we informed the staff they said someone would be up within 1-2 hours, but never arrived, bathroom included a shower and toilet, which worked fine throughout our stay. One thing to bare in mind, 5 times a day there are public Muslim prayers read out over mosque speakers, one being at 5:00AM - this woke us every night without fail.

There were 3 pools 2 of which are outside, that seemed clean. If you plan on staying in the resort during the day make sure you go down to the deck chairs around 6:30-7:00AM or you will find yourself without something to sit on for the whole day.

Breakfast is from 7:30-10AM
Lunch is from 12:00-1:30PM
Dinner is from 7:00-9PM

The quality of the food is ok. However we found it quite bland after a few days. If you are English as you can imagine the type of food is very different. Pasta, rice and salad is served every day. We chose to eat out on a few occasions, and would highly recommend a great bar/restaurant called 'Faros', which is a 10 min walk along the beach. They also are right on the beach so have lots of sun beds which includes FREE WiFi and bar service.

As you leave the entrance of the hotel down the main road opposite there is a small shop that sell excursions which we found very helpful. All travel is arranged to and from each trip. I would highly recommend the all day boat trip (£9 Approx) and the water park - make sure it is the bigger one as there are 2 near by, (£9 Approx) which is also all day.

There a lots of staff around the hotel, which is very good. Rooms cleaned daily at 2:00PM. Only issue is some staff speak little English even at reception which can get a little frustrating when you need to talk to someone.

Overall I would say the hotel is pretty average. Would I stay here again? Maybe, if the air conditioning was improved and the quality of the food. I would definitely return to Marmaris, but would choose a hotel along the beach front, maybe slightly more expensive but well worth it in my opinion.

3  Thank JLEac

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments here on Trip Advisor. We do take note of guest feedback and use it when planning future services and investments. We appreciate your honest review.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have recently returned from 10 days at this hotel. We were 2 rooms between 7 of us.
Firstly, when we arrived at 4am we were put in the inferior rooms as everyone else seems to have been, however I now know why and think if they explained this on arrival there would be less unhappy holidaymakers.
The main hotel rooms are carpeted and as the majority of flights are during the night, people are paying extra to keep their rooms on (£20 till 6pm and £30 till midnight) . The cleaners can't Hoover during the night and move beds about so they do it in the morning. If you therefore go with the view that you will be put in a holding room 1st night, the reception will give you various rooms to check out the following morning. We were moved lunchtime without any shouting and screaming at the poor reception staff.
The hotel itself is really big and spread out. 2 outdoor pools and 1 indoor pool. Breakfast is served in the large dining room with plenty of choice. Cereal, dried fruit, bread and toast, cheese and hams, salads and olives, various cooked foods like scrambled eggs, fried tomato, sausage and either fried eggs or pancakes done fresh by the chef. There is a fruit juice machine and tea/coffee facilities. We took tea bags with us to get a proper cuppa. After breakfast, pool games start about 10, but these are for teenagers and adults really. There is a kids club but our children never used it. Lunch starts at 12 and again there was plenty of choice. Had some lovely fresh fish (yes with head and tail still on) always a fab salad bar and 3 or 4 hot meals. Lovely desserts and always lots of freshly cut melon. Lunch finishes at 2 but starts again straight away til 4 in another part of the hotel. 5 til 6 cakes and biscuits are brought to pool bar before evening meal 7 til 9. Evening meal is similar to lunch but hot food is different and there is also soup and bread. The bar in the dining room is open at meal times and you get a lovely glass of cold fees there.
Evening entertainment starts at 9 with a kids disco, bingo and bit of a show. They also lay a bus on to either a beach party or bar street most nights.
The plastic cups the hotel use are really rubbish as they are small and flimsy. However, as long as it is plastic, the staff will fill anything so do as we did and pack some plastic pint cups. You will be the envy of the hotel...... other people were buying large slush puppies from the onsite cafe and using them.
By one of the pools there is a really well priced cafe and ice cream bar (ice cream is not all inclusive). There is also a holiday shop with clothes, inflatables, food and drink, cigarettes etc. More expensive than down the road but....
Rooms were cleaned every day, throw towels on bathroom floor if you want them replacing. Every where you looked there were staff busy doing something.
it has been extremely hot while we were there. It reached 54 deg and people were being sick through sun stroke and dehydration. We went to the chemist at the bottom of the road and got medicine for less than a couple of quid and the sickness went quickly. There is a doctor's surgery in the hotel and a doctor comes at 5 every day. This is free, we used them. It only costs if you need to go to hospital. He can write a prescription if you need one.
There is also a turkish bath onsite. We paid 10 quid for scrub, massage, sauna and face mask. There was a hair dresser onsite which seemed reasonable and sunny the rep for them worked very hard to drum up business.
There is a phone and you can buy phone cards from the shop. 3 or 4 computers, x box and a few other games. There were 4 trampolines but they cost 3tl for 10 mins.

Someone came round asking if you wanted to have a meal at their restaurant by the pineta delux. We went for steak and it was terrible, however the entertainment was good.

if you want a turkish kebab either lamb or chicken, we used tic tacs, the second place on the right walking down from the hotel.
We regularly went for a late beer in the fun pub on the left near the bottom of the hill. Lovely blokes in there and a tiny pool where the kids could have a dip in while we sang karaoke.
If you want to buy t shirts go market. Marmaris market is on all day on Tuesdays and is far cheaper than shops. We got 4 t shirts for 10 quid, 10 boxers for a fiver, converse and vans were 2 for 15 and a radley purse and handbag for 20 quid. Kids also had fake beats for 3 quid a set. They like English money, mixed or turkish.
There is a cash machine at bottom of the road and behind that is a shop mostly with clothes in which I used as I had forgotten to pack my daughter any shorts. They were £1 a pair in there.
There is a small aqua park on the next road to hotel which was great fun for £7 each and kids cheaper. Best value trips were jeep safari for £7 adult and 3 for kids with lunch and same for boat trip with all inclusive bar and lunch. We booked these through place at bottom of road on right by the taxi rank. You have to haggle for everything. It is a pain.
The hotel is 5 mins walk from beach and only a couple of mins walk from the main road where you get the dolmus bus to either marmaris main town or icmeler.
We paid £ 1200 for 10 days during school summer holiday. What a bargain. We had a great time and for the money I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fiona130571
H_seyin_M2013, General Manager at Club Hotel Pineta, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your comprehensive review on your recent holiday here at Club Hotel Pineta. We are glad that you had an enjoyable holiday and took the time to provide such positive feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Pineta Park Deluxe Hotel
#21 of 234 in Marmaris
Club Dorado Hotel
Club Dorado Hotel
#97 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Club Hotel Pineta? Share your experiences!