“HONEST REVIEW”
Review of Club Hotel Pineta

Club Hotel Pineta
Ranked #209 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Thought id write an honest review to bring T/A ratings back up. Just booked this hotel again for April this year as large group of us stayed here last April aged from 6months to 74 years and have to disagree with the bad reviews some people have wrote. Firstly as for review on theft from maids i find very hard to believe as my mum had lost her camera n thought she lost at airport but only to be advised by reception that maid had found it down back of cupboard in previous room mum stayed in on 1st night and handed it in unknown to her that mum was stil in hotel and hadnt reported it missing. (also proof that rooms get good cleanout). No problems on changing rooms as many of our group got room changes to be together as soon as they became available. No complaints from us whatsoever on any members of staff as we found them all equally friendly and very helpful. Grounds are extremely well kept as are the 3 pools. Food is mostly turkish and is same with all inclusive hotels all over turkey meat options are limited, but with me being the fussiest of eater i still found something to eat everyday. Drink was plentiful inc hot, cold and alcoholic and never seen any sign of running out the 15days we were there. Entertainment at night i must admit could have been better tho it was april and just beginning of season, but the entertainment staff were fantastic and really done their best. Pineta is ideally situated and within walking distance to bars, restuarants, beach, public transport etc and tuesday market right on doorstep. I just cant understand what people have to complain about for approx £7.50 a day you get 4 meals, all hot, cold and alcoholic drinks, friendly staff, clean rooms and bedding, airconditioning (that costs at least £5 a day elsewhere) what more would one expect? I wonder how much the moaners spend a day at home??? or better still what price would they charge for the same hosptitality?????
Look forward to seeing you all next month and hopefully if hotel has been refurbished all other apects have stayed the same.

Room Tip: hotel supposed to be refurbished this year but previously block c best.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank patricia m
Write a ReviewReviews (2,343)

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Went end of June last year had a brilliant holiday! I am only 18 years old and I got this holiday quite cheap as I can't afford to spend thousands of pounds on a hotel .. Anyway I was scared to go reading the bad reviews but the bad ones are so over exaggerated and probably people paying cheap prices and expecting luxury accommodation (not gonna happen sorry) .. Anyway.. The hotel is in a good location near bars, shops, restraunts, beach etc.. Outdoor area of hotel is nice.. Large area 3 pools 2 outdoor 1 indoor.. Hairdresser / spa in hotel is very good cheap prices .. The hotel holds hundreds of people so I loved the hotel for the reason that I met loads of nice people ! Which makes a holiday in my opinion.. There is a rooftop terrace where there is entertainment at nights .. Loads of tables and chairs and the all inclusive bar (good laugh at nights) , the food wasn't that bad always something to eat .. Usually there was rice , chips, pasta , chicken nuggets , salad, soup bread etc.. Entertainment team were great always cheery and having a laugh! At night bus runs to bar street and back leaves 11 returns 3am only 5 lira.. Very cheap! .. Anyway.... I have read that the pineta is being refurbished this year probably will be finished before summer I would imagine does anyone have any info on this ?? And if anyone's going to pineta in July or has questions feel free to add me on TWITTER @emmajamesxox

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank Emmajamesxox
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Sold to us as 4 star and having never been to Turkey before I wasn't aware that what is sold as 4 star will be around 2 star. This was 2 star if it was lucky. Stayed all inclusive, if you could call it that. Yes we got all our food and drink but there was only about 4 alcoholic drinks you could have and it stopped around 11.45pm. Food was ok but then we aren't fussy eaters. We went in April and the pool was so cold you couldn't even go in it. Hotel is dated and desperately in need of a refurb. Room was basic but ok. Bathroom was a bit grotty. The only saving grace is the staff who are lovely and go above and beyond. Entertainment was poor but the staff did their best. Also, the behaviour of some of the people there when the family entertainment was on was shocking. If i had been there with kids I would have complained. Had a good holiday but very disappointed with standard of hotel. To be fair, Marmaris was not for us either, felt like Blackpool with sun but that is a personal choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Julie A
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I do not know what all these bad reviews are all about???
I went in july 2012 with my husband and daughter age 10 we arrived at the hotle and were served straight away they left our bags down the stairs and walked us to our room 2 mins later they were back ! It was a fantastic room clean bathroom fresh towls and toilet paper every day the beds were re maid and freshly changed every day it was a double bed and single for my child fantastic room not. To big as we didnt need one. There was 3 pools fantastic always entertainment adults always speaking and making chloe giggle loads of kids there fantastic friendly familys! I felt safe with chloe going of with her friends she had a laugh exsploring the hotels she said every single one was amazing no' broken floor borda, lose carlet, door frames falling of' ect chloe friend got stuck ontop of a climing frame and they went to reception and got great help straight away no trouble what so ever! Chloe was getting her drinks and snacks fine all day. No questions asked! Yes the food was not great but its turkey? They are going to cook what the eat?! Overall this holiday was fantastic one of the best i have ever been on!!

Room Tip: South side alot quieter and block c is the best!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here in October 2012, with my sister, we found the hotel a bit dated with old loose carpet n in need of modernization ! However our room was nice and was cleaned everyday, towels and bedding were changed. The staff were great but there was a serious lack of entertainment ! just bingo n maybe a half hour dancer in the pool bar area, but mostly just weddings !
Im not a fussy eater but by the second week, i wasn't eating much more than bread and jam, there was plenty of salad but it didn't always look fresh and the 'meat' just tasted like a bad kebab ! There wasn't must choice at all. We were eating out by the 2nd week and i can highly recommend Piccadillys along the main road for a cheap but lovely breakfast, lunch n dinner.
A must to do at the hotel is the Turkish bath, when you arrive you will meet the adorable Antonio who really does make you feel so welcome, we had the full works n come out feeling so clean and refreshed and relaxed. (Antonio, if you read this...♫ ♪ hello....♫ ♪ )
We always found the 3 pools to be clean and didnt really have any problems finding sunbeds.
In the 2nd week there seemed to be a lot of trouble and we often felt like we was on 'The Jeremy Kyle show' ....police appeared, fights, domestics... but i blame the class of people that had turned up, getting drunk , not the hotels fault !
Would i stay there again ? Hmmmm ? Actually, yes, i probably would but not All inclusive ! Eating out in the area is very cheap and not much alcohol choice in the hotel, only really beer, wine, vodka or raki !
Turkey itself was fab n defo will go back :)

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Debz31
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Was here in October 2012; read all the reviews and was dreading it as i don't keep well but...
to be honest the staff went out of there way when we checked in as it was around 1am I was due medication and had to eat with it and they got me a toastie free of charge they gave us a room and yeah it was basic but as long as it is clean we didn't mind. They were cleaned each day, the animation staff were brilliant and the chefs were lovely some of the bar staff could of used a smile on there face but as it was end of season they probably wanted to go home so didn't mind; the AI food was average but edible but in the hotel there is a takeaway bit near the pool (got to pay) but the food is beautiful and wasn't that dear; There was 3 of us and we all go tattoo's done and if i am honest the guys in the studio made our holiday the studio is spotless and they used fresh needles for everyone; they also cleaned our tattoo's every day and made sure no infection got into them. They were so lovely and to be honest i would go back (PS there is supposed to be new management this year so it might be more up to standard) it is what it is a cheap holiday and a hell of a laugh ! Plenty of lovely placed to eat out if you don't want the food and its cheap as chips

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kirsten88
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been on cheap package holidays and I always expect to "get what I pay for". I understand exactly what that means. But not with this hotel. The rooms are filthy, terrible. The swimming pools tasted really bad and I believe that's what gave me and my son stomach problems later in the week. The reception staff were awful, we had to wait for over an hour upon arrival at 8pm to have a room given to us. It did appear though that they were trying to re-furb parts when we were there but it doesn't make up for the terrible reception and other staff. Steer clear.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank V0xxy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Pineta Park Deluxe Hotel
#21 of 234 in Marmaris
Club Dorado Hotel
Club Dorado Hotel
#97 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Club Hotel Pineta? Share your experiences!