“Excellent boutique-style hotel!”
Review of Malibu Beach Hotel

Malibu Beach Hotel
Ranked #150 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Was a little dubious about booking, as i recall what the hotel used to be like, and was a bit wary looking at the info/pics as, from past experience, they always show the best room, and it's never the one that you end up with. In this instance, the rooms were exactly as shown. Smart, designer-style rooms, very tasteful. Despite the rooms and balcony being a little on the small size, they were very comfortable. The room was fully equipped with LCD tv, safe (no charge), A/C (no charge), kettle, mini-bar and the most amazing walk-in shower, furnished with Dove shampoo and body wash. In fact, having stayed in many hotels here over the past 15 yrs, i can say (with some experience) that the rooms here equal any of the 4* hotels i've stayed in, and much better than quite a few of them. Unless they decide to go "all-inclusive", which more and more hotels are doing in Marmaris, then i would definitely not hesitate in booking it again.

Room Tip: Rooms on left side (looking from front) get the sun in late afternoon, whilst those on right get it...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been coming to Marmaris for 8 years now 2-3 times a year and have stayed at this hotel everytime and this year is no different have just returnd from my 2nd trip this season an planning a 3rd before season is out.... Before it was the location an the staff that made me return time and time again. This year was no different only that the hotel had a much needed refurb... The hotel now is AMAZING i could believe that i as walking into the same hotel - The rooms where fantastic and the right size and the shower you no longer had to hold onto the door to make sure it didn't fall on top of you :) also now all rooms have a mini fridge and th air con comes with the costs to say i was impressed was an understatment.

The beach - the beach is well kept and is staffed with people always ready to help you ther is plenty of sunbeds fpr you to laze around... The only thing i would suggest id that the beach is very stoney so bring a pair of swim shoes or jelly shoes.

The pool - The pool is basic but it is maintained well there is an adult pool and a kids pool the sun normally comes round in th afternoon so you can spend your moning on the beach and afternoons at the poolside.

Hotel Bar - the hotel bar which is on the beachfront is brillant The food is also really good and resonably priced and if they dont have something thy will do everything they can to get it for you. and all of the staff are amazing they couldn't do enough to help you they all work very hard and very long days but always seem to make their customers smile. Constanley dancing around full of energy, th shows that are on in the evenings for m can be very repeatitive but you get used to them an for someone that is visiting Marmaris for the first time will enjoy the shows. All of th entertaiment on finishes at midnight bu you can sit on in the bar for as long as you like as the bar remains open.

All round a great hotel - Location - Staff Great... Cant wait to go back.. :)

Room Tip: I always request 3rd floor seaview
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I didnt stay at the hotel but i did eat at the resturant and OMG i would never return and anyone that like good food wouldnt bother trying it, me and my family turned up and they sat us down to order which we did then with in 2minutes if ordering they turm the lights off and it turned into a night club so we couldnt even see what we would be eating so we canceled and went home, the next day weytryed again but turned up earlier again we sat down ordered i ordered sea bass my boyfriend the steak we ate our starters then out mains turned up i didnt get a sea bass i got a fillet the same as my boyfriend they said they put it though wrong and they would make my fish but it would take to long so with it getting late i said i woul have the fillet and waited onthe sauce which i wish i didnt, the steak was full of fat and teasted like sour milk so i couldnt eat it. They come up aftet andasked how was it after telling them the boss come over and said what do you want me todo i said take some money off as we didnt eat it he laugh at me told me i had to pay or they willcall the police.. this isnt the first time this has happened i used to cometo marmaris alot withmy friends a couple of years ago and seen them doing the same with others but put it down to the customer being funny but now i know.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lmcr10
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've recently come back from a week's stay at this hotel with my boyfriend, and I have to say it was awesome. I went on the recommendation of my mum and sister who recently came back from there (knowing that my mum has very particular taste and high standards) and I wasn't disappointed.

Rooms were beautiful, a little on the small side but didn't bother us at all as they were very nicely decorated (as per the brochure). Rooms were equipped with free air con and free safety deposit box. Aircon operates on a timer, so comes on during the evening. We had a seaview which was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Was a little noisy at night with the entertainment going on outside in the bar area of the hotel, but to be honest it didn't bother me at all - simply because we were out of the room more than we were in it, and the music was switched off at Midnight anyway. Once the patio door was shut you couldn't hear much going on outside. The view from the room more than made up for any noiseyness by far!

Entertainment at the hotel was good, but a little repetitive on occasions (never seen so many Wacko Jacko impressions in my life lol). But can't complain as our hotel made more effort with the entertainment than a lot of other hotels on the beach front I think. Pool was a incy wincy bit on the small side, but with the warm sea out front everyone seemed to make a beeline for that. Times we did stay around the pool we had it all to ourselves anyway. Pool does get plenty of sunshine if you're more of a pool person than a sea person.

Stayed on half board basis, and to be fair - food was lovely! Typical turkish cuisine with good selection of usual ham meat, cheese and salad, omlette's (which were lovely) for breakfast. Evening meals were lovely, chef made a delicious chicken curry amongst a few other dishes and there was always lots of salad and past to choose from and deserts. Food in the a la carte area was a little pricey I thought, but still very nice! You're that close to all the bars, restaurants etc that if you didn't want to eat at the a la carte restaurant then take a trip out to one of the lots of other nearby restaurants.

Staff at the hotel - well, where do I start... Hakan and Ferkit, what two genuinely lovely guys who looked after us at meal times. Hakan's shake'n'vac impression will live with me forever! hee hee. Guys down in the main bar, again very friendly and made us feel welcome. Watching them get on the stage doing Wiggy's 'Saturday night' dance and the 'Macarenna' was priceless (could see some of the young lads didn't have a clue, let alone know how to do the dance)! hee hee. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful, and the clearners were very friendly too. In all, it was a very pleasant atmosphere and everyone friendly (which is a very refreshing change from the last hotel I stayed at in Marmaris when staff were miserable and didn't make the effort).

The hotel has it's own beauty parlour too - they offer very reasonably priced hot stone massages, general massages, pedicures and manicures etc. I had the hot stone massage and it was very good to be fair. Cost the equivalent of about £20 - £30.

There is a water sports station right outside the hotel offering jet ski's, fly fishing, parasailing, and another station a bit further down outside the Elegance hotel.

I would totally go back to this hotel! Only hope they don't put the prices up come next year, as it's down as a 3* but to be honest if they keep the standards it could easily make it to 4*.

Marmaris town is only a 5 minute bus journey away - which costs about £1.60 return if that, and buses are very frequent. Lots of bars, restaurants and shops to see down at the harbour. Lots going on at the beachfront too. You will not be disappointed! Just don't forget to haggle with every given opportunity. Everything is negotiable in Turkey!

We had a fantastic Holiday! Roll on next year.

Room Tip: Most rooms are sea facing anyway, but I would suggest going for a 3rd or 4th floor room. That away y...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nicky2601
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Malibu beach was a really lovely modern hotel. The rooms were cleaned daily. Location is perfect, the beach is right in front of the hotel and the mini bus is not far from the hotel to take you to nearby places such as icmeler, turunc or the marina. The beds were comfortable, the air conditioning worked perfectly and the shower was very big! Entertainment at night was ok, typical tourist entertainment mainly for families. The only disadvantage of the hotel is that the price of food and drinks is expensive. The price of ice cream and a bottle of water was 11tl. Also the breakfast is pretty basic but it is like that in many hotels. We would go back to Malibu beach though if we were staying at Marmaris again.

Room Tip: ask for sea view - its great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hotel refit ok but so many things don't work air con is rubbish keeps conking out and you are advised best used at lower temperatures!Poor standard of finish had to remove fridge door covers as kept dropping off.Restaurant ok but service is very slow waiters spend more time chatting up the young girls and looking at themselves in the mirror.Very bad attitude restaurant manager is rude and only acknowledges you when it suits him or if he want to sell something like Turkish night or barbecue,if you don't come look out !Beach service is slow, again as waiters spend more time ogling the girls or slipping free drinks to their "girl friends" which they have saved sunbeds and lilos for .Beach is very dusty with "imported sand" and sea is usually full of litter as rubbish is not cleared regularly throughout the day.This used to be a great hotel and location,since refit prices have been hiked up no doubt to pay for it.Although as one beach waiter snapped at me " we are a luxury hotel now " sadly the service does match that standard.Owners and management seem to have lost the plot with a take it or leave it attitude and rest on the feed back from previous years.Sadly this has been the downfall of many a business in Marmaris.I will not return to the hotel or the beach,and will probably give Marmaris a few years rest before i contemplate a return,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Heather S
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hotel was nice enough but it was difficult trying to get served at the resturaunt as the waiters are to busy
hanging all over the young girls to notice the rest of their customers so if your a male you ave to be extremley patient.I went to the toilet and when I came back I found out one of the waiters had asked my wife to meet him after I went to sleep so guys sleep with your eyes open unless of course like me you can trust the missus. I aired my concern with one of the fellas about his conduct and he acted like the hotel belonged to him some of them really believe they own it instead of just bloody waiters that should do their job and keep their own buisness and work harder to keep their customers happy.They think its a pick up joint.They drink to much during their work shift. probably drinking the hotel profits and getting away with murder.The boss needs to take a closer look at his staff no good fixing the hotel up with rubbish staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are good location
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple