“Worst Ever Hotel I have stayed”

Red Abacus Aparthotel
Red Abacus Aparthotel
Ranked #200 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
belfast
“Worst Ever Hotel I have stayed”
Reviewed August 24, 2006

We arrived at the hotel on 8th of August there were 3 in our party 1 double bed in room and 1 chair at table, the room had not been cleaned properly, one morning i went down early to put the sunbeds down the member of staff on reception was sleeping with a pizza box lying on the floor and an empty bottle of coke beside him- glad there wasnt any emergencies that morning, the pool was very deep and not suitable for young children, I found one off the members off staff to be very rude and actually pulled my skirt up and often said rude comments to me this was very off putting as I was on my own with 2 young children. I found Marmaris to be beautiful and think this hotel lets it down as major refurbishment is needed. Oh and every time we went to order drinks the price increased. Food was ok but very plain & simple. I was surprised at Gold Trail having this hotel on there list - all the other holiday makers felt the same way as I did. I would go back to Marmaris but will never stay here again!!!!!

Stayed August 2006

Solo
Business
North East UK
Reviewed July 27, 2006

Me and girlfriend stayed at Red Abacus for 2 weeks and cant really complain. we had a really cheap deal from goldtrail, £215 each for two weeks, the apartment was more than big enough for the two of us, with a large sitting/kitchen area, a separate bedroom with a double and single bed, a adequate sized bathroom/wc and a decent balcony on the top floor. Most importantly it was clean with cleaners coming every day.
However some slight downside with the cooking facilities, only one electric hob, so it was rather difficult to prepare some meals, something would be served cold along with something hot. I couldnt imagine a family or a party of more than 3 people be happy with it. There was a good size fridge though. One more thing, maybe im being a bit picky, but there was no tin opener or sharp knives etc to open or prepare food. considering it was self catering I think they tried to make it difficult so people would eat from the hotel. But its just nice to have the choice to eat in or out.
The staff were helpful when needed but in general seemed a bit miserable, not many smiles amongst them, maybe they were tired from the long hours they work. However this didnt bother us, this being the third time in turkey it made a change to be left alone.
The apartments atract different types of clientele, from families to couples of all ages to groups of lads n lasses. so its a mixed bag but everyone seemed to get on.
There are plenty of pubs/restaurants nearby so you dont have to go to the front all the time which is a 15 min walk or 5 min dolmus journey (worth the few pence it costs once sick of walking).
My major complain is not with the hotel but with marmaris, yes it offers lots of shops, bars, restaurants, excursions and beautiful scenery but there really isnt much to go and see in marmaris itself. i have been to other resorts in turkey which have had places to walk to and visit, sight seeing in the resort. however marmaris is a large place but with no sight seeing, considering its a historically important harbour, there is no history about it anywhere. once you seen one bag shop, one sunglasses shop, one gift shop you have seen them all.
However we liked the abacus red, its far from flash but it does the job with plenty of room to move about in. we got a great deal and werent dissapointed once we got to our apart.

• Liked — size or apartment
  • Disliked — self catering facilities
  • Tips/Secrets — take some SC essentials
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank rids
stoke on trent
Reviewed July 27, 2006

rooms are very basic but clean... the hotel itself was very noisey and had more of an 18 to30 s feel than family friendly like stated in the brochure ... pool area was generally unsafe for children as my 3yr old fell and broke a finger .. i found members of staff quite insulting as i had rude comments about my weight and been told you are fat is not what you want to here on your holiday as i only carry a few extra pounds i felt really insulted . oh and no hot water after 6 oclock......

• Liked — coming home
  • Disliked — arriving
  • Tips/Secrets — just dont go !!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank bitsnbobs

Travelers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Rayon Apart
#40 of 234 in Marmaris
Aegean Princess
Aegean Princess
#31 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Red Abacus Aparthotel? Share your experiences!