“**** family of 15 **** please read ****” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Alize

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Club Alize
Ranked #13 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
Kent, United Kingdom
“**** family of 15 **** please read ****”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just got back we stayed from 4th to 18th July.. 15 of us aged between 2 to 65.. Rooms: very spacious, you have a bedroom living room kitchen and bathroom which was nice to have things spread out, rooms were immaculate the hotel is very clean! My room was cleaned every day. Your provided with pool towels changed twice a week. Pools: again very clean, I saw the pools being cleaned every day at 6am. The staff were constantly coming around collecting cups and plates so they were never sat there for long. You do have to reserve a sun bed I was doing this around 6-630 as there was 15 in my group. I did on a couple of occasions see the manager telling people if you put towels on beds then you need stay with them as people were going back to bed. ( I've never been to a resort where you don't need to reserve a sun bed) food: breakfast, they do a fry up every couple of days, there's always cereal, biscuits fruit and omelettes toast however breakfast is probably the least variety of the day and could be improved. kids selection was the same everyday chips,sasages, nuggets and spaghetti, but my daughter would eat from the adult section as well were there was a lot of variety there . There was always something to eat and overall I was very impressed with the lunch and dinner meals. There was also a lady constantly checking the food / the temperatures which I've never noticed in other hotels I've been to so this was nice to see. The staff always asked ' can I take' meaning plates and cups instead of assuming. There was ice creams between 3 and 5. The was never a limit on how many alcoholic drinks you got in one go. The main spirits were the free ones eg vodka lager dissarano (they call almond liquor) Malibu etc. Entertainment. The boys done there best for the day/ eve entertainment, you can tell they have a budget and they done they best to entertain. Especially FATTY DODO and JAM very welcoming, funny my family will miss FATTY! The hotel is 10 min walk to the shops about 25mins to the main indoor town down by the marine. I have to recommend the water fights on the jeep safari this was such a good day it was £10 each including a meal (chicken and pasta salad) us adults and kids loved it ! The lazy day boat trip was also brilliant again £10 each including food and drinks. Ichmear has the better beach and there is a free bus from the hotel to the beach it's only ten mins away. As well as the water park this is only a 5 min journey and again free transfer to the waterpark. The taxi drivers do drive like idiots and you do have to remind them you have kids in the car! This hotel was better than a 3star I would return and I would recommend for family's. I wouldn't recommend for just couples or people who want a quite holiday as this hotel is for family's.

5 Thank nikki m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Spent 2 weeks at club alize marmaris with my partner and two young sons and another group of friends and family loved every moment of it nice size rooms cleaned daily to a high standard and I am slightly OCD even took my own flash wipes with me and didn't even open the packet! amazing food day and night always plenty of choice immaculately clean there was always a lady checking food temperature etc staff were on the ball straight away for spillages etc and always very polite entertainment staff were brilliant especially "Fatty Dodo & Jam" always a good crack ! I don't have one negative comment to say would recommend to everyone that wants a family friendly hotel my boys loved it will defiantly be returning to club alize in the near future! Thank you to everyone there for making our time enjoyable

2 Thank RochBilly
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

just got back from Club Alize yesterday, was my second visit to the resort and what can i say had another fabulous time with my 2 daughters & my partner.
hotel and rooms very clean, staff very friendly, food great and plenty of it ..... the sweets are amazing.
entertainment staff are fantastic, work so hard to get to no every guest and make us feel welcome
full of fun all day everyday ...... they are all great but i have to say Fatty is soooooo funny actually a bit crazy but in a nice way lol
cant fault the hotel at all
great family holiday and i would highly recommend ......

3 Thank lynngonsalves
Dundee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was the ultimate holiday destination. The rooms were immaculate staff were friendly entertainment was excellent and the games with the entrrtainmet team were superb and the food was excellent with alot of choices to cater for every need (even fussy)
I have to say a special recomendation to Fatty in particular as he really got the guests going and his ability to interact with everyone was outstanding
I will definetly return to club alize again and again and cant rate it highly enough

3 Thank BoydMalloy
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went there with my sister a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic hotel, can't fault the food at all! Somthing for all excellent food safety standards. The only gripe I really have is there is a new manager since the last time we went, so please be warned if you are young ladies travelling alone! Even though you're very wim will be catered for! ! It's quite uncomfortable to see him druelling ova single young ladies. And I must note this was frowned upon by several holiday makers on site. But on a whole would recommend this hotel especially for families.

2 Thank frankieroman
Babbles1964, Guest Relations Manager at Club Alize, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely reply regarding your stay with us at Club Alize. I just want to cover the point you raised regarding the restaurant manager. A note was made of his behaviour towards young women a few weeks ago, and this was monitored by management, and we took the decision to terminate his contract, as we have a very good reputation as a family hotel and dont want this tarnished in any way. Thank You again.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was our 6th stay at Club Alize, this was the first time since being A/I. We were dubious about staying there with it being A/I as it had always been self catering and we like to eat out and go to different places. It wasn't that much more as a/I so we thought we'd give it a go.
We were under the impression we'd booked a 2 bedroom apartment, as that's what we normally book, being a family of 4! When we arrived at the hotel we were given a 1 bed, which annoyed us- turns out the travel agent had made a mistake so we had to make do with the 1 bed and Jen the rep gave us a fan (free of charge) the kids said they were happy enough so that was all that mattered in the end. (We couldn't afford the extra £1000 to upgrade.)

The hotel is very clean, we think it's cleaner now than before! You will see staff all day, everyday cleaning parts of the hotel.

We thought the choice of food was great, especially on an evening. We enjoy Turkish food, different dishes every night. The Mushroom Steak was our favourite! The thing that started to wind me up was that the staff would come and take your plates even if you were still eating. I like my plates to be cleared in one go, when the whole family has finished eating. I can't be doing with people hanging around, in a hurry to take my plate away. My daughter was eating her pudding, she'd left her fork on the plate and was talking to me, she turned round and the plate was gone! This needs sorting. As for the new Restaurant manager, he's nowhere in Chengus's league (the old manager) Chengus had a sense of fun, and would go round the sun lounges during the day to talk to you and throw ice and water at you to cool you down. He liked to see people enjoying themselves. This manager seems a bit false to us, he only spoke to us once!
The really bad thing is trying to get ice cold water from the bar. They have a fridge full of cold water but will not give you bottle from the fridge. I asked for cold water and a couple of times and it came out of a box of cold water but it was warm so I left it on the bar.

The Entertainment team are fab- Dodo, Fatty, Jam, Lilly, Huskey and Otman, work very hard to keep you entertained. As hard as they work, entertainment on an evening needs work. We went out most nights but this is due to the fact we like to go for a walk to the bazaar and marina. I couldn't stay in the hotel 24/7.

We all used the spa as a family, the kids got covered in chocolate which they loved! Erhan who runs the spa is lovely, he has time for you. Would definitely recommend the turkish bath.

At the beginning of the holiday we said we wouldn't go back but towards the end of the holiday we said we'd give it another go. It would be an amazing once again if the few little niggles were addressed- Serve ice cold water, don't take plates when still eating and wait till the whole table have finished eating, different acts on an evening and a new restaurant manager with a sense of fun. No doubt we will return in the next couple of years for our 7th stay!!

Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week at the end of May this year. Food was very repetitive and everything was very 'oily'. Children's selections were very poor, with it being chips, chicken nuggets and pasta for every meal. When it rained they took all the outside dining tables away and the people sat undercover would then not move all night so on 3/7 nights we were forced to pay to eat out as there was nowhere to sit and eat which isn't really acceptable considering we had paid for all inclusive.

Our room overlooked a back street with a dog that barked 24/7! Staff tried hard with the entertainment but wasn't my cup of tea, sometimes you just want abit of piece and quiet.

The room was not big enough for the 4 of us who stayed here, two single beds and two made up single sofa beds which extremely uncomfortable and rio I solid, the room was in desperate need of updating. 3/4 kitchen table chairs where broken and when the sofas are made as beds there was nowhere else to sit. I did try and explain this to reception but the man did not understand what I was saying so I said no ore on the situation.

Only one bar in the whole hotel so getting drinks was difficult at most hours of the day. One bar man was very rude and impatient, often showing a lot of attitude.

Considering this is an all inclusive hotel you would expect more than two tiny bottles of water on arrival to be put in the room fridge, considering there were 4 people in ours. The bar does not open until 10am so nowhere to get a bottle. Had to buy from the shop on several occasions which I think is disgusting.

I had my two year old daughter with me and took her to the small pool for 10-15 year old children coming down the baby slide like a herd of elephants knocking her over and causing her to get upset, this should be checked and signs put up to state an age limit for this pool.

As I mentioned it was difficult to get a drink at the bar but when they are taken off of you when you are not finished with them around the pool is very annoying, this happened with drinks I purchased from the shop too!

The rooms were kept tidy by the maids and most staff worked very hard.
It may of been a coincidence but any time myself or other members of my party went to report any of the issues we had with either Jen or the manager neither were at their desk, I may of been going at the wrong times but it always said 'be back soon''.

I think this hotel would be great for people who like things lively all the time and people who children who are abit older. Not for people who want a relaxing break.
Won't be returning unfortunately.

Room Tip: You don't get an option, they had a sign at the front desk saying no pool view rooms ask in a fe...