“Fantastic! !!!!! ”
Review of Club Alize

Club Alize
Ranked #11 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

1st time I've been on the advice of my partner. She went last year, really enjoyed the it the rooms were cleaned ever day the maid was lovely, making shapes out of thr towels on thr bed. The in house entertainment team were fantastic. Would go back again to see them alone they always had time for a chat no matter what!!! Fatty (yeah that's right) was brilliant always up for a laugh. Hope he will learn to shake his tail feather for next year! !!! The games were brilliant and morning water gym was a great way to start the day. The pool was clean. All the staff were brilliant couldn't really pick one out at the end of the 2 weeks as employees that had made a impression as everyone went beyond the call of duty! !!!! Really would recommend it to anyone

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank johnny0508
Write a ReviewReviews (1,873)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We just returned from Club Alize on the 6th October. Overall we had a lovley time and was a good location from the beach, bars ect. Staff where nice and friendly.

A few minor things I would point out,

the kids section of food was the same everyday, not much choice for them but overall the food choice for adults was lovley.

Sunbeds where a nightmare, you had to get up really early to get a bed (we ideally needed ones near to the kids pool,) as we had a 2 year old. We found that one family would reserve about 8 or 10 beds for themselves and others they made friends with and it was always the beds near the kids pool when their kids where grown up. We even got told by the woman who was reserving the beds that when some of their friends left that we could have them beds tomorrow. Its my holiday, I dont like to get told by others which beds I can sit on.

Also found that when it was time for the evening meal people would get drinks and put them on other tables to "reserve them" for their friends so they could sit close. I found it to be the same woman who was reserving the sunbeds who was doing this, We always got a good spot for the evening meal, but found that we had to be down in the restaurant area really early to do this.

The entertainment was good, the lads where really nice, but found that we didnt see them a awful lot during the day. The waiters on the other hand worked really hard, they were constantly on the go all day and night.

Overall we had a lovley time and would consider this hotel again (just maybe not when the reserving woman is there)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lyns32
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Well where do I start? Just back from staying at club Alize for 10 days! This was our 1st time to turkey, weather was brilliant apart from the 2 days of thunder and torrential rain:( but it didn't dampen the way we enjoyed our holiday. 1st impression of the room was oh no what have we got here but we got used to it, we didn't have a pool view but what we got was ok apart from the bin lorry at 7 o'clock in the morning and then again at 6 o'clock in the afternoon that was every day:( I'm 5'8 and the bath must have been for someone about 4' tall so that was a no go:( staff were so friendly apart from the bar staff, restaurant staff were very friendly and clearing tables all the time.. Food was brilliant, I've been to all inclusive before and struggled with the food but not this time and I really don't understand the people who complain about the food they must eat like kings at home which I think not!! Was there for 10 nights and only ate out twice through choice to see what a couple of other restaurant's were like.. Drink at the club was our biggest problem the boys couldn't drink the beer and it was 8lira for a bottle of beer.. They only offered one cocktail the whole 10 days we were there which was sex on the beach:( drinks and bar staff were the biggest let down of our holiday.... Cleaners were on the go all the time:) the entertainment team were fab,,, fatty was just out of this world you didn't no what he was going to do next:) jam, dodo and the other boy were all brilliant as well,, defiantly more entertainment than we got 2 years ago
in Bulgaria... We went on a boat trip and thought it was great:) a lovely clean well kept apartment with security. Jesus the owner was around all day every day mingling with the customers.. The rep and grm were always on hand if u had any problems or questions.. Nothing was a problem except for the bar and it's drinks:( hopefully this will be sorted as it's only 2 years since they started with all inclusive and you always get teething problems... We look forward to going back and seeing the changes:) to all you guys job well done....

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marion M
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited last week in July/first week in August with wife and two children 10 and 7. Had read many Trip Advisor reviews so I felt that we had a good idea of what to expect.

The hotel was nice but the pool area is fully enclosed and smaller than I expected. This leads to everyone being very cramped. And with no breeze the temperature often felt like it was in the 50's.

The food was alright although all of the family fell ill in the last week. We think that it was the Sunday dinner.

Drinks are served in decent sized glasses and the beer did not seem watered down.

Ice-cream for only 2 hours a day became annoying as they do not refill empty tubs during that time.

You will want a pool facing room. We did not have one but ours was on the quiet side of the hotel. You do not want to be facing Cousins bar opposite the hotel if either you or your children go to bed early. Even on the quiet side we were often wakened up by 6:00 am the glass collection from the hotel next door.

The entertainment is about as tacky as it gets but for the most part good fun although by the second week the pestering by the hotel entertainment reps did get a bit annoying.

Yes, there are a lot of people there with tattoos. Many people we spoke to go back every year to get new tattoos at the on-site shop. So it seems the tattooist is quite good.

We paid a very low price for our holiday compared to many other people that we spoke to. So for us it was an okay holiday for the price.

Would we go back? No. We have already booked the First Choice Holiday Village Turkey for October.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Graham L
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here on the 28th september for a week. Without doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed in!!!! Entertainment team is amazing and work from morning till night interacting with every single guest including the kids. Every single child I saw had a smile on their face including mine and alot of that was down to the entertainment team. Fatty (1 of the entertainers) is from a different planet lol he is not just funny he will make your stay enjoyable and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet!!!!! Its very clean, Foods great,never any ques for restaurant all the staff are very friendly all the way down to the cleaners. This is one place I will definitely return too

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank cahughes57
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Me my fiancé and my daughter stayed at club alize from 13th September to the 27th this year and it was great. It was our first time in marmaris and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel was perfect in so many ways it had a few issues but let's face it why hotel doesn't these were minor problems. Start with the very few negatives cause they are very minor and they r looking to fix these or 3014 1. Sometimes cldn't get a sunbed and sometimes they were reserved and people never even sat there bum on them all day. 2. Although rooms were cleaned everyday feel bedding could have been change without me having to get a rant of the cleaner in Turkish but she got what I meant in the end and changed the cover 3. The nyt entertainment became very predictable and ended up going out most of the last week it went from kids mini disco, bingo and by the tym the entertainment came on ye weren't interested and it was only an hour. 4. No wifi. These negatives are all minor so don't let it put you off. The positives: 1- the food was delicious and well presented with lots of choices for everyone even the day time snacks. 2- the friendly an helpful staff nothing was a problem. 3. The rooms were like yer very own one bedroom flat with all amenities need ie. microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle an utensils and and forget packing yer hairdryer u just waste luggage allowance they have one of those to :) 4. The pool area was always clean and tidy 5. The on site Turkish bath was amazing and Aaron was very pleasant and so were his staff 6. The relations manager Marie was lovely always friendly and approachable 7. Reception staff also very helpful 8. The manager and owner always around making sure everyone is ok and things are running smoothly they even get out in amongst everyone and get to know you. 9. Selection of drinks at the bar, ok it's local stuff but does the same job and u have the option to pay for named brands. 10. Leaving the best to last is the entertainment team. Hat off to these guys they work hard from 9-12pm everyday. Big thanks to fatty, engio, jam and Sean for ur day/nyt time entertainment don't know we're you's get the energy keep up the good work :) hope to see you all again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Gillianbrand
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the club alize from 15-29 September. I stayed with my husband & 2 children & my mum & step dad also came.
Check in was quick, as we arrived around 2am the last thing we wanted was messing around but it was quick & no fuss.
The rooms are very spacious with a living area which includes small kitchenette with a fridge & utensils. This was handy to store your water in. We were originally allocated a room with a pool veiw which I requested BIG MISTAKE. The noise was so loud & it was 24/7. On our 2nd night I requested to be moved to a quieter room which was done for us straight away & it was much quieter.
The food was lovely. I dine out a lot so I know about good food and it really was gorgeous, beaUtifully presented & always lots of choice. The childrens section was the same every night but my boys ate from our selection anyway.
The daytime entertainment was funny but sometimes a bit too much when you just wanted to relax. The team were fab! The energy from those guys is unbelievable and I have never met a more genuine friendly & funny team...keep up the good work guys.
We went in September so sunbeds werent really a problem though they were reserved from daft o clock. The pool was a good size & my boys were rarely out of it. Our REP Soraya was fabulous & friendly always around & full of knowledge about club alize & Turkey. Theres also a guest relations manager which I thought was a great idea and again she was fab & always helpful.
The kids club was ok but thinknthey could of made it better though the girls wete lovely who ran it.
The bad points...not many but a few id mention are
No WIFI though apparantly this is going to be live next year
No aircon in living area/kids room
Night time entertainment could be improved
All in all though we had an amazing holiday & we do go abroad every year and Marmaris & club alize is in my top 3 holidays...if I did go back to places id definatly go back here

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family